My response to somebodies uneducated attempt to bash god.

Thu 29 Jun, 2023 10:26 am
So the following below was something that was written ( most likely by
a person faking Catholic Atheism ) by somebody who has a problem with
religion and pretended to ask questions. So this was my response.
I see tons of these writings all over the internet, usually bashing
Christ worshippers in some form or another, and I attempt to respond to
them. It is like they expect me to go into a verse or even panick or
behave stupid and this was my logical response. I am posting this
here so that maybe people would read this persons questioning I wrote
in quotes and responded with. Of course after responding to this
person my post was removed ironically. Why? Because I actually made a
positive effort. I am sorry I am an English speaking person not a
person who reads and writes in some eastern language like Hebrew, or
Chinese.

Quote:
I used to be a Christian (Roman Catholic to be specific)

Christanity started before Catholicism with the following of Christ.
The Roman Empire hung him because of what he represented. Jews could not accept him yet that is where the original follows came from logically. It
is arguable that the rise of Peter and the "Holy Roman Catholic Empire"
in reality was a safety net for Old-Rome in which a new location of the former was moved north east of the Empire. Think about the term/name "Jesus" simply could mean "He's Zues" which further create division and disdain against the AngloSaxon terms via Judiasm ( Jews haters still exsist ). Is it just because of not using the Hebrew name for Christ ( Yehoshua ) or Arabic ( Isa/Esa ). Further question the idea the amount of "Slaves" in the Roman Empire did not lead to a mass take over and those dubbed "Christians" and or "Catholics" was actually victims of this take-over simular to how Haiti was taken over and left to rot.

Quote:
but slowly grew into weak atheism.

Atheist are really people of another religion or belief system usaully from the
far-east. Meaning "they accept their own belief system but not anything to do
with the west". That is the atheist game. To make religion another "Omgsh your disrespecting my culture" or "Omgsh you so racist".

"Jesus" is the rock that aniliated the Roman-Empire. That is why Jesus is special. Without Jesus Rome would still most likely exsist today or even expand to the earth. It was impossible not to see how powerful the Roman empire was. Even years later people still worship the "idea" of the greatness of Rome. It is hard to deny this. Even the idea of "the flesh".

Human beings are god like beings. There are no other beings as of now that can surpass human beings in all it's struggle to exsist. Think about it. How insane it is that this little-blue planet is the only planet with life yet we have
photos of the entire universe which we are nothing in it's comparison to and why? Think about the "design" of nature and how a Banana evolved to fit our hand even if we did came from some kind of Missing-Link being. "Where is it all coming from and where is it all going" - Kefka

Quote:
What makes you so sure that you picked the right religion

Your born into it. Usually "religion" describes the western-belief system.

Quote:
subset of that religion?

The belief of "God" AKA Abraham god diverges into three groups.
Christianity - Christ came annihilated the Roman Empire made the world clean.
Islam - Muhammad came along and brought peace to warring nations.
Judaism - Two warring groups of the same people brought together by Pharaoh via slavery.

All three are the same god.
They just have different founders and founding.
What they have in common ?

Elohim - which is one of the oldest words to retain to god that is shared by
all religious following of god. This means "Group" or "Congregation" or "Council" Meaning god is a group working as one.

Point being they are all the same god with some differences.

Quote:
Adam and Eve
sin we are born with was forgiven "Jesus" spilled his flesh body for us. It is the sin we are born with out of the idea the
mother could die to give birth to us ( like in the recent Alien movie ).

Quote:
god’s image

"Man is the Hand of God" We are like god but we are not god. We can mimic God but not be god. That is what humans are in terms of the image of god. We create in terms of serving the pleasure of the creator. We make to please the creator. That is how it is meant to be, but to remember the meaning of Elohim when it comes to the supreme being. The only reason why me or you is alive or we are not struggling with boulders is because another man made it easier for the next man to actually function and be normal. Yes there are errors but that is the reality we live in. There is no person on this planet who life is being extended thanks to medical-miracle-science. Only thing greater is nature itself.

Quote:
tricked to sin by the devil
You gotta checkout the Zeitgeist series. The "Devil" came into being via the idea of "Hades". There is something worst then that. Aniliation.

Quote:
this is all part of his plan.

God is testing us. Like Cyberdime in Terminator 5 "You think it would be this easy".

Quote:
Life predetermined and there is no free will.

You do have free will. You have so much free will. It is easy to destroy then to create. Think about the path of your life.

Quote:
Why did god have a chosen people?

Humanity needs a little budge in the correct direction or suggestion.

Quote:
god ultimately wanted as Jesus would later come and change that.

The Roman Empire would throw mindless women into an arena and then strip them naked and slaughter them slowly for entertainment. Think about that for five seconds.

Quote:
Why was there an Old Testament and then a New Testament

Judaism have this view that is problematic. All non-Jews are less then animals. To lie with one is like lying with one. I had a Jewish neighbor next to my grandpa house. Little kid would tell me all kinds of nonsense. Like people would urinate on the lawn. Reality check in Judiasm you have the issue where people are literally married to their cousins and sisters are marrying brothers. His sister even had body issues, even worst outside
I would see tons of "Disabled men" and "housing for disabled people". Even couples where one person is kinda "wonky" ( off ). Guess what? to some circumstances even Islamic and people within Christianity variants performs this act.

So you have the

Torah, Talmud

Quran

Bible ( other words are used )

of all the most shortest would be the Bible

Try reading and figuring it out. In various forms of Christianity the second book is basically "The Acts of Jesus" while the first book is basically "life before Jesus"

Quote:
to save man

"Jesus" is god made flesh? Why that idea? Because of the fall of Roman Empire and shift in powers. The resurrection. As a man Jesus had a flesh body with flesh needs. AKA "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Jesus had temptation as well similar to "300BC". Jesus could have lived grew old and continue his work but via his sacrifice he was able to give Mankind a loop-hole out of the sin that was created by Adam and Eve. "Worship me and all these things I will give thee". The Devil is a state of mind rather the God like state of man that is the will of man to do what must be done.

Quote:
Lutheranism was a movement of post Protestantism.

While the Royals wanted power from the Catholic Church it was about the reality of abuse of powers via the Catholic Church. Further more the Royals ( like the Tudors ) wanted to do things like "divorce" and if it was not granted by the Pope they would find a way around this fact. Their was the 30, 60, and 100 years wars over these ideas. The simple idea that Worship of God could be elsewhere and you can not buy your way into gods grace.

Quote:
shitpost with that kind of dumb, divisive fanaticism.

So you write your questions and do not want a logical answer? How amusing. You want to hear short "yes" and "no" like some bit from "Tron".

Short answer long.

No God = No Rules = People can eat people = People can break into peoples yards and take over their lives = People could claim ownership to others belongings, spouses, children, income without resistance.

"God is the hand of man"

The problem with the Catholic Church is when you pay penance to something not by actually suffering but actually donating income towards that being. During the "Black Plague" ( little Ice Age and Dark Ages of Europe ) The "Church" help prevent people from dying and spread of disease along with preservation of culture ( Greek Rome etc ).

The storm is over but that does not mean that we should pretend problems exist.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,513 • Replies: 32
Topic Closed

Frank Apisa

Fri 30 Jun, 2023 02:27 am
@PoliteMight,
PoliteMight wrote:

So the following below was something that was written ( most likely by
a person faking Catholic Atheism ) by somebody who has a problem with
religion and pretended to ask questions. So this was my response.
I see tons of these writings all over the internet, usually bashing
Christ worshippers in some form or another, and I attempt to respond to
them. It is like they expect me to go into a verse or even panick or
behave stupid and this was my logical response. I am posting this
here so that maybe people would read this persons questioning I wrote
in quotes and responded with. Of course after responding to this
person my post was removed ironically. Why? Because I actually made a
positive effort. I am sorry I am an English speaking person not a
person who reads and writes in some eastern language like Hebrew, or
Chinese.

Quote:
I used to be a Christian (Roman Catholic to be specific)

Christanity started before Catholicism with the following of Christ.
The Roman Empire hung him because of what he represented. Jews could not accept him yet that is where the original follows came from logically. It
is arguable that the rise of Peter and the "Holy Roman Catholic Empire"
in reality was a safety net for Old-Rome in which a new location of the former was moved north east of the Empire. Think about the term/name "Jesus" simply could mean "He's Zues" which further create division and disdain against the AngloSaxon terms via Judiasm ( Jews haters still exsist ). Is it just because of not using the Hebrew name for Christ ( Yehoshua ) or Arabic ( Isa/Esa ). Further question the idea the amount of "Slaves" in the Roman Empire did not lead to a mass take over and those dubbed "Christians" and or "Catholics" was actually victims of this take-over simular to how Haiti was taken over and left to rot.

Quote:
but slowly grew into weak atheism.

with the west". That is the atheist game. To make religion another "Omgsh your disrespecting my culture" or "Omgsh you so racist".

"Jesus" is the rock that aniliated the Roman-Empire. That is why Jesus is special. Without Jesus Rome would still most likely exsist today or even expand to the earth. It was impossible not to see how powerful the Roman empire was. Even years later people still worship the "idea" of the greatness of Rome. It is hard to deny this. Even the idea of "the flesh".

Human beings are god like beings. There are no other beings as of now that can surpass human beings in all it's struggle to exsist. Think about it. How insane it is that this little-blue planet is the only planet with life yet we have
photos of the entire universe which we are nothing in it's comparison to and why? Think about the "design" of nature and how a Banana evolved to fit our hand even if we did came from some kind of Missing-Link being. "Where is it all coming from and where is it all going" - Kefka

Quote:
What makes you so sure that you picked the right religion

Your born into it. Usually "religion" describes the western-belief system.

Quote:
subset of that religion?

The belief of "God" AKA Abraham god diverges into three groups.
Christianity - Christ came annihilated the Roman Empire made the world clean.
Islam - Muhammad came along and brought peace to warring nations.
Judaism - Two warring groups of the same people brought together by Pharaoh via slavery.

All three are the same god.
They just have different founders and founding.
What they have in common ?

Elohim - which is one of the oldest words to retain to god that is shared by
all religious following of god. This means "Group" or "Congregation" or "Council" Meaning god is a group working as one.

Point being they are all the same god with some differences.

Quote:
Adam and Eve
sin we are born with was forgiven "Jesus" spilled his flesh body for us. It is the sin we are born with out of the idea the
mother could die to give birth to us ( like in the recent Alien movie ).

Quote:
god’s image

"Man is the Hand of God" We are like god but we are not god. We can mimic God but not be god. That is what humans are in terms of the image of god. We create in terms of serving the pleasure of the creator. We make to please the creator. That is how it is meant to be, but to remember the meaning of Elohim when it comes to the supreme being. The only reason why me or you is alive or we are not struggling with boulders is because another man made it easier for the next man to actually function and be normal. Yes there are errors but that is the reality we live in. There is no person on this planet who life is being extended thanks to medical-miracle-science. Only thing greater is nature itself.

Quote:
tricked to sin by the devil
You gotta checkout the Zeitgeist series. The "Devil" came into being via the idea of "Hades". There is something worst then that. Aniliation.

Quote:
this is all part of his plan.

God is testing us. Like Cyberdime in Terminator 5 "You think it would be this easy".

Quote:
Life predetermined and there is no free will.

You do have free will. You have so much free will. It is easy to destroy then to create. Think about the path of your life.

Quote:
Why did god have a chosen people?

Humanity needs a little budge in the correct direction or suggestion.

Quote:
god ultimately wanted as Jesus would later come and change that.

The Roman Empire would throw mindless women into an arena and then strip them naked and slaughter them slowly for entertainment. Think about that for five seconds.

Quote:
Why was there an Old Testament and then a New Testament

Judaism have this view that is problematic. All non-Jews are less then animals. To lie with one is like lying with one. I had a Jewish neighbor next to my grandpa house. Little kid would tell me all kinds of nonsense. Like people would urinate on the lawn. Reality check in Judiasm you have the issue where people are literally married to their cousins and sisters are marrying brothers. His sister even had body issues, even worst outside
I would see tons of "Disabled men" and "housing for disabled people". Even couples where one person is kinda "wonky" ( off ). Guess what? to some circumstances even Islamic and people within Christianity variants performs this act.

So you have the

Torah, Talmud

Quran

Bible ( other words are used )

of all the most shortest would be the Bible

Try reading and figuring it out. In various forms of Christianity the second book is basically "The Acts of Jesus" while the first book is basically "life before Jesus"

Quote:
to save man

"Jesus" is god made flesh? Why that idea? Because of the fall of Roman Empire and shift in powers. The resurrection. As a man Jesus had a flesh body with flesh needs. AKA "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Jesus had temptation as well similar to "300BC". Jesus could have lived grew old and continue his work but via his sacrifice he was able to give Mankind a loop-hole out of the sin that was created by Adam and Eve. "Worship me and all these things I will give thee". The Devil is a state of mind rather the God like state of man that is the will of man to do what must be done.

Quote:

While the Royals wanted power from the Catholic Church it was about the reality of abuse of powers via the Catholic Church. Further more the Royals ( like the Tudors ) wanted to do things like "divorce" and if it was not granted by the Pope they would find a way around this fact. Their was the 30, 60, and 100 years wars over these ideas. The simple idea that Worship of God could be elsewhere and you can not buy your way into gods grace.

Quote:
shitpost with that kind of dumb, divisive fanaticism.

So you write your questions and do not want a logical answer? How amusing. You want to hear short "yes" and "no" like some bit from "Tron".

Short answer long.

No God = No Rules = People can eat people = People can break into peoples yards and take over their lives = People could claim ownership to others belongings, spouses, children, income without resistance.

"God is the hand of man"

The problem with the Catholic Church is when you pay penance to something not by actually suffering but actually donating income towards that being. During the "Black Plague" ( little Ice Age and Dark Ages of Europe ) The "Church" help prevent people from dying and spread of disease along with preservation of culture ( Greek Rome etc ).

The storm is over but that does not mean that we should pretend problems exist.

Huh?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 2 Jul, 2023 06:53 am
Sometimes he's a donkey eating peanut butter

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e7/a7/f8/e7a7f89a4697113ccb0b106db8992676.jpg

Makes him look like he's talking.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 2 Jul, 2023 07:05 am
"Somebody's"

"uneducated"

"just saying"
0 Replies

fobvius

Sun 2 Jul, 2023 07:52 am
@PoliteMight,
Educated attempts to bash imaginary beings might commence with the observation that there is a complete lack of evidential support for any gods.

Frank Apisa

Sun 2 Jul, 2023 08:57 am
@fobvius,
fobvius wrote:

Educated attempts to bash imaginary beings might commence with the observation that there is a complete lack of evidential support for any gods.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7DgEqMINzY[/youtube]

Correct. There is no unambiguous evidence that any gods exist. I agree.

I hope, though, that you are not asserting that no gods exist.

Are you?
bobsal u1553115

Mon 3 Jul, 2023 05:19 pm
@PoliteMight,
Quote:

WHAAAAAAA? Where'd you pick up that notion?????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutheranism#Practices

Lutheranism is a major branch of Protestantism, identifying primarily with the theology of Martin Luther, the 16th-century German monk and reformer whose efforts to reform the theology and practices of the Catholic Church launched the Protestant Reformation.[1][/i]

The split between the Lutherans and the Roman Catholics was made public and clear with the 1521 Edict of Worms. The edicts of the Diet condemned Luther and officially banned citizens of the Holy Roman Empire from defending or propagating his ideas, subjecting advocates of Lutheranism to forfeiture of all property, half of the seized property to be forfeited to the imperial government and the remaining half forfeit to the party who brought the accusation.[2]

The divide centered primarily on two points: the proper source of authority in the church, often called the formal principle of the Reformation, and the doctrine of justification, often called the material principle of Lutheran theology.[a] Lutheranism advocates a doctrine of justification "by Grace alone through faith alone on the basis of Scripture alone", the doctrine that scripture is the final authority on all matters of faith. This is in contrast to the belief of the Roman Catholic Church, defined at the Council of Trent, concerning authority coming from both the Scriptures and Tradition.[3]

Unlike Calvinism, Lutheranism retains many of the liturgical practices and sacramental teachings of the pre-Reformation Western Church, with a particular emphasis on the Eucharist, or Lord's Supper, though Eastern Lutheranism uses the Byzantine Rite.[4] Lutheran theology differs from Reformed theology in Christology, divine grace, the purpose of God's Law, the concept of perseverance of the saints, and predestination.
0 Replies

fobvius

Mon 3 Jul, 2023 06:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Correct. There is no unambiguous evidence that any gods exist. I agree.

I hope, though, that you are not asserting that no gods exist.

Are you?

I'm not aware of ambiguous evidence that any gods exist, are you?

To assert that the tooth fairy, santa, the easter bunny, pixies at the bottom of the garden, gods and myths don't exist would require a leap of faith.

As a wise man once said, "I don't do belief".

Some might contend a man such as that is an agnostic atheist as distinct from a gnostic atheist.

Frank Apisa

Tue 4 Jul, 2023 03:47 am
@fobvius,
fobvius wrote:

I'm not aware of ambiguous evidence that any gods exist, are you?

Absolutely.

EVERYTHING that exists is ambiguous evidence that at least one god exists. Trees, lakes, stars, space, gnats, and cats are all ambiguous evidence that at least one god exists. IF a creator god exists...they are all products, in one way or another, of that god.

EVERYTHING is also ambiguous evidence that no gods exist. IF no gods exist, all those things are products of something other than a god.

Quote:
To assert that the tooth fairy, santa, the easter bunny, pixies at the bottom of the garden, gods and myths don't exist would require a leap of faith.

Not sure of what you are trying to get across here. Any assertion that "x" does not exist...either requires proof...or is essentially a guess.

Quote:
As a wise man once said, "I don't do belief".

I do not do believing.

Quote:
Some might contend a man such as that is an agnostic atheist as distinct from a gnostic atheist.

I have no idea of what that is supposed to mean. Perhaps you are just being cute and I, oblivious.

If you want to clarify what you are saying, I would love to hear it.

I also would love to hear a direct answer to my question.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 4 Jul, 2023 09:31 am
@fobvius,
You just have to realize: With Frank, everything is Schrodinger's cat. Plus as a no doubt dog-ed and effective retired lawyer he'll argue gladly and effectively with anyone.

In my mind I can see him belonging to two different clubs and making a different diametrically opposed argument in each. That's just fine with me, it helps make him someone I've enjoyed and been proud to know for over twenty years on three different discussion sites.

I argued with him over G*D about 20 years ago, about knowing Him, and I couldn't get the Lord out of the box for him.
engineer

Tue 4 Jul, 2023 03:02 pm
@PoliteMight,
I'm not sure what to say here. Your debating skills are not very good. You points routinely fail to address the statements posted by the other person. Your historical background weak and easily refuted. Your statements about other religions are just wrong and again, easily refuted. You are not making a good case for Christianity here.
0 Replies

fobvius

Wed 5 Jul, 2023 01:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
gladly and ...

Uhuh, the Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin and Endorphin is so palpable you can almost touch it when the topic turns to a DOSE of that special subject.

I wonder if anyone asserts that gods can exist, like goblins and leprechauns?

Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Jul, 2023 02:31 am
@fobvius,
fobvius wrote:

Quote:
gladly and ...

Uhuh, the Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin and Endorphin is so palpable you can almost touch it when the topic turns to a DOSE of that special subject.

I wonder if anyone asserts that gods can exist, like goblins and leprechauns?

I argue that gods can exist. Of course they can exist.

Goblins, leprechauns, ghosts, unicorns...all can exist.

What is your point?
fobvius

Wed 5 Jul, 2023 03:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
What is your point?

My point is yours: we enjoy discussions here.

0 Replies

hingehead

Wed 5 Jul, 2023 06:54 pm
@PoliteMight,
Quote:

I think telling atheists they're from the far east is quite racist (but more tellingly it shows you don't know what you're talking about).

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b1/4d/3b/b14d3ba248cab8c46d4ce421dc132223.jpg

izzythepush

Thu 6 Jul, 2023 08:09 am
@hingehead,
Ricky Gervais is a transphobic piece of ****.

An unfunny arsehole.

Next time you can quote Hitler and have exactly the same impact.

And Gervais certainly treats atheism like a religion.

Go on youtube and see what Frankie Boyle has to say about celebrity atheists like Gervais.
hingehead

Thu 6 Jul, 2023 04:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I know you hate him. You've told me many times. Nonetheless these words hold truth for me. Much like "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." - written by Kevin Alfred Strom, a white supremacist and Holocaust denier who pled guilty to possession of child pornography.

I can separate the art from the arsehole, but appreciate that you can't. Neither of us is objectively wrong.
izzythepush

Fri 7 Jul, 2023 04:41 am
@hingehead,
Not when that individual is actively preaching hate towards my son.

It's very easy to sit in your ivory tower, commenting on how intellectually, and dispassionately, superior you are, when you're not personally affected by the hate monger.

The most popular quote by Gervais is one that has been used to justify sexual assault on less attractive people.

"I'm not a paedo, and if I was, you'd be safe, you tubby little ginger c**t."

You could use that next time you feel like body shaming someone.

It's not like there aren't plenty of quotes available from atheists who aren't bigoted.

And my point remains, Gervais does treat atheism like a bloody religion, he's alwsys banging on about it like some Christians always talking about the Bible.

bobsal u1553115

Fri 7 Jul, 2023 07:57 am
@izzythepush,
Sometimes there's just no cutting the art from the arsehole. This a good example. I used to find him hysterically funny, but there's just too mean of an undercurrent there anymore.
hightor

Sat 8 Jul, 2023 04:52 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Sometimes there's just no cutting the art from the arsehole.

I'm surprised at your response here. I'm not at all familiar with this Gervais guy and I don't usually care for mean-spirited humor, but I think not being able to separate one's personal distaste from an isolated comment like this rather clever (and not at all snide) analogy is really narrow-minded. You might disagree with it but had hingehead just posted the comment with no attribution you might have dealt with the content instead of just using it as a way to bash a cultural foe. I'm also surprised that you don't appreciate the role that comedians play in shining light on social conflicts which our everyday concern with propriety tries to hide or overlook – and helping us to turn that light inward on our own prejudices and conceits.

In any case, I think attacking "celebrity atheists" as "religious" really misses the point. Atheists aren't attacking religion – I've never heard an atheist trying to demolish the tenets of Taoism or condemning Confucius. Their target has always been the malevolent aspects of the Abrahamic religions in western culture. I don't have to list them. The emergence of public atheists was a response to our society's unquestioned acceptance of christian doctrine leading to things like campaigns to teach "Intelligent Design" in schools, subjugation of women, sexual repression, and widespread discrimination against unbelievers. The "celebrity atheist" thing is over, anyway – like many other internet-inspired cultural movements it was a short-lived phenomenon.