Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:12 am
Olga, you might well agree with me
or not, on whatever it was, if we could
all remember whatever it was...
just be yourself.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:16 am
Hey, osso, I honestly don't know what the issue is here. Really. This is quite confusing.
And I am being myself.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:22 am
And I spent a day slammed down,

when in need. Never mind me, but the person

I tried to mention.

As some kind of arrogant bitch.

Trust me, I am not amused.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:28 am
I'm sorry you spent the day like that, osso. That's hard. And you are not arrogant. You never have been. You're very generous, in fact.
(This is so confusing! Confused )
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:38 am
I am enraged.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 01:02 am
Please read your PMs, osso.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:05 am
Osso, I am so very sorry for your loss and the insensitivity shown to you. That really was a horrible situation, and even though I don't know about the thread you posted to, I can't believe the way you seem to have been treated.

Setanta wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I have frequently done so in the past, but have made an effort not to do so for quite some time. One can more effectively deal with the idiocy, the dogmatic cant or the hubris of others with a clear head.

Hmmmm.

I've said some stupid things on here, one in particular, and now it seems I'm being "boycotted." I regret having said what I did. I was having a bad day - not nearly as bad as Osso. Cut her some slack, and maybe me too?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 02:31 am
What in the world? Shocked Well, dys. I have spilled over before, but it's usually because something has happened on the home front, and I try and stick to the original theme. If I feel that I have been out of line, I apologize, either in a PM or on the thread.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:23 am
This has nothing to do with anyone but Set and me -- apparently I offended him by posting about immediate life.

I needed help at the time, not the hours of ignoring and skipping past, much less incensed anger re posting on real horror, that happened on a2k.

I'm over needing help.

Though I thank the many who have pm'd me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:38 am
I'm still angry. I saw most of the edited, vituperative posts.

How dare you go after me, Set, for posting about a dying friend, on a thread where you whine about horror wasn't just about pets? How dare you. You made a very bad day worse.

Or perhaps better, in that it helps me deal with more important issues slightly more, well, no, never mind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 04:46 am
GODDAMN YOU OSSO.

I didn't whine in that thread, and i didn't go after you. That thread was about horror and your post was appropriate. Then you come here and spew all over this thread like a petulant child because you didn't get whatever the hell response you thought you ought to have gotten in another thread. You slur everyone here for not sharing your gloom. And you've lashed out at me because i told you you were wrong to behave in such a manner.

Vituperative posts ? ! ? ! ?

You've got a gall to say that to anyone here, after the way you've behaved. Grow up, goddamn you, and don't punish others for not realizing your unrealistic expectations. If you wanted sympathy and compassion in your grief, you ought to have started a thread to that effect, it would have been appropriate, and you've have gotten what you needed.

Instead, you've tracked your sh*t all over this thread. Viturperative ? . . . you've got a goddamn nerve . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 04:57 am
chatoyant wrote:
I've said some stupid things on here, one in particular, and now it seems I'm being "boycotted." I regret having said what I did. I was having a bad day - not nearly as bad as Osso. Cut her some slack, and maybe me too?

I have no clue what you're on about. If you've got a problem, why don't you take it PM and spell it out. I've done you no harm.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 04:58 am
I wonder if we might take a moment to review dys' topic. The subject was, "Do You" and perhaps we had better all keep cool and answer in kind.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:40 am
Apparently, everyone does. (Except you and I, Letty. Smile)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:00 am
Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:12 am
Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.
Damn, the torpedos. Full speed ahead!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:34 am
Obviously, my answer to the question is that i do. And i heartily regret getting sucked into someone else's emotional maelstrom. This thread should be minatory for all involved.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:37 am
I put my feet in my mouth almost daily. Part of life.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 06:59 am
Yeppers - I do sometimes indeed.

I think most of us do from time to time - some of us more often than others.

It is odd - I usually do it with anger, here - but in real life I seldom get really angry.

I get stroppy, or grumpy, or passionate, but seldom really angry.

Perhaps because the only people I generally meet in real life who say things I find as deeply offensive as the posts I sometimes get angry about here are clients - and I am deeply schooled in self-control with them????

Or, perhaps, as I sometimes think, there is an odd sense in which net interactions bypass a whole series of distractions and defenses we have in normal life, and get right to our core?

I do not mean the stuff often spoken about, where some of our inhibitions go - as they famously do for some people when they are driving - or the stuff about not having other cues and such to ameliorate someone else's message, but that there is something about passionate net discussion, or emotional interaction, that goes deep inside, for me - somehow takes a more direct route, or something. Sort of like how net romances can flourish like forest fires...I dunno - I am prolly rambling.

I guess - to mention the awful elephant that is sitting in the room with us - which I do not want to mention (that Osso and Set, two of my favouritest net folk of all, have become hurt and angry with each other) - the distress and anger that can blow up suddenly in cordial relationships here may be examples of the effect of what I am stumblingly trying to delineate?

Or perhaps we are able to project more onto the less-context rich messages here than we are able to do in real life, where other cues remind us more that the situation and person we are with is not the same as those which seek to make their ghostly way into this interaction???

Anyhoo - real emotions most certainly happen here - and make their way into all of our posts, willy nilly.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 07:26 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I put my feet in my mouth almost daily. Part of life.

Pshaw!

You should try life with MY feet in your mouth, as they so often are in mine.

They are big and furry and have sharp claws.

They make me cough.

A Wabbit's life is not an easy one....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you?
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:02:32