Do you?

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:27 pm
Do you really? What I mean is do you ever make a post out of simple emotional reaction to what someone else has posted? I just did that a few days ago and I am embarrassed (not regretful) I am aware that I fail to "compose"answers/responses on this forum but I had never considered that I might make purely emotional responses lacking forethought.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,469 • Replies: 63
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:30 pm
HOW DARE YOU!!!!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:43 pm
Re: Do you?
dyslexia wrote:
Do you really? What I mean is do you ever make a post out of simple emotional reaction to what someone else has posted? I just did that a few days ago and I am embarrassed (not regretful) I am aware that I fail to "compose"answers/responses on this forum but I had never considered that I might make purely emotional responses lacking forethought.

Go to your room!

BBB
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:46 pm
<crosses Dys from her list of manly, unemotional posters>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:51 pm
Usually I find out what I am saying at the same time everybody else does.

I posted a - for me - excruciating message, kind of a wail, definitely in a kind of need and without real forethought - about hearing a friend died in a hard way today, on Set's horror thread. It just sat there dead as a doornail for a few hours and it seemed less and less apropos as the time went by, too raw. Everybody else was talking about animals and animals making them react more that humans. I usually think that about me too, but not always.

The post grew in incongruity, her death in the midst of posts about ants and dogs, but was, I think, a little bit in line with what Set asked, re the landscape (of horror) in the human heart.

I took it off and posted something simple without the horror elsewhere.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 07:02 pm
Uh, Dys, I know you meant off the cuff stuff.

If I type at all, I'm generally unexpurgated except from later editing, usually for grammar or miserable spelling or total confusion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 07:19 pm
Shocked Dys? Get emotional?
I better check my ass for bats..
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 07:24 pm
As a general rule, I try to contain my emotions when posting on the internet. But there are times when someone else's post has seemed so outrageous that I blurt out the first emotion-laden post that comes to mind. Do I regret it afterwards? Seldom.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:03 pm
Is there a problem with emotional postings? Damn, maybe I'm losing my tomboyism......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:08 pm
I have frequently done so in the past, but have made an effort not to do so for quite some time. One can more effectively deal with the idiocy, the dogmatic cant or the hubris of others with a clear head.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 08:49 pm
Re: Do you?
dyslexia wrote:
Do you?

I do!

<runs away, bawling like a baby>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 09:56 pm
Well, after a day of no one noticing my friend died horribly, seven hours of no answers, I am fit to quit. May you all engage in games.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:02 pm
Oh, jesus, Osso, I didn't read that thread. I am sorry to hear about your friend.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:03 pm
what what?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:05 pm
edit
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:05 pm
Osso Surprised
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:07 pm
I just read up - sorry, Osso, I hadnt noticed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:09 pm
edit
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:18 pm
I took a quick look at that thread when you first resurrected it, Set. Decided not to go there anymore. I've seen enough horror in my time and don't need any more nightmares, thank you.

Sorry, Osso. I didn't know, or else I would have responded. I will go read it now. I hope you get some sleep tonight, dear one.

Dys...what's wrong with posting emotional reactions? They're often the most honest comments on the entire site. And sometimes the most welcomed.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:25 pm
Oh, Osso's removed her post. <frowns>

I don't know exactly what happened to your friend, Osso, but from your words above, I can tell it must have been awful. I am so sorry for her. And for you, of course, for losing a friend. The world shrinks every time we lose one.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 07:50:40