Do you?

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:36 pm
Setanta wrote:
I read it when she posted it. I want to know what she expects us to have done. It is just plain wrong to come into this thread and post a remark like that. If Osso wanted sympathy, a not unreasonable request, she ought to have started a thread on the subject. I did not comment in that thread just as i did not comment on other people's stories--the topic of the thread is horror. I had hoped to resurrect the subject. Good luck . . .

This is past the usual stuff -
my friend did die in the last few days in horror - or horror to most of us. Certainly I won't beg pardon for not commenting on previous posts, and you would not either, Set, if you were me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:39 pm
edit
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:43 pm
Ok, my motivation if there was any at all besides wailing, has been to not sensationalize the death of a friend.

I'll admit right away she is not a close friend, but is also not just an acquaintance.

She showed with us a full room of paintings from when she camped at the mouth of a certain creek to the Pacific, not so long ago.

she was hiking out just a bit ago and tripped.

And broke her ankle, and made a splint from something in her backpack, and then dragged herself toward her truck and then fell again and had her femur break and cut her hip apart and then lay for another, I think, seven days, and then died, and wasn't found for another four or five, which was I gather three days ago.

She wasn't my best friend, etc, but she is and was a friend and I mourn her.

I am sorry if my posts were in some way obnoxious, but I don't want her story to be picked up and exploited.

I wail for her and never mind.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:53 pm
That IS awful, Osso. No wonder you're upset.

Thank you for the details. I don't think relating the story here is sensationalizing it at all.

Have a heart and cut her some slack, Setanta. If it had just happened to a friend of yours, and you'd just found out about it, you'd be a bit edgy at best.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 10:53 pm
edit
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:02 pm
edit
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:02 pm
taste?

well, let's separate whatever this is about from a friend's death.

I admit I was wrong to put into a set's thread on horror , but that was what was there when I heard and needed to turn somewhere, and he seemed to be hinting he wanted to hear about more that stuff with animals. I can see now I was way off.

Set said he wanted the thread to be about the landscape of humans, and I tried to post in that.
Wrong.

I do revere Set, but I am not without value of my own, and
maintain my views, especially here.

Edit to remove friend's first name, in caution if any of her friends or family would find this in a search.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:04 pm
edit
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:05 pm
edit
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:06 pm
edit
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:14 pm
Well.

Two points of view, surely.

I am not clear on why Setanta is so pissed, but let's assume you'll tell me, set.

I was undergoing horror when I tried to post on your thread on horror, because it was there when I needed some place to land.

At this point, I can see it was some kind of egregious interference to introduce real horror.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:20 pm
Slack, let us forget this bullshit and honor my friend.

edit to remove friend's first name
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:21 pm
if you didn't read that, it's too late now . . .

edit
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:34 pm
I didn't read that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:39 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I took it off and posted something simple without the horror elsewhere.

I have done exactly the same, osso. That's an excruciating feeling, to have done that, then nothing .... Sad

But it doesn't happen too often. That's good! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:44 pm
Re: Do you?
dyslexia wrote:
Do you really? What I mean is do you ever make a post out of simple emotional reaction to what someone else has posted? I just did that a few days ago and I am embarrassed (not regretful) I am aware that I fail to "compose"answers/responses on this forum but I had never considered that I might make purely emotional responses lacking forethought.

But that's what makes this type of communication between people real, dys. Imagine if we were all controlled all the time!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:46 pm
Well, who knows, we all roil around varieties of antagonism.

I'll never be caught dead saying I revered Set in any way, again, though, as it is soooo unpleasant to be flung back at one.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:52 pm
Oh! I missed that particular episode. Confused I was responding in sympathy to the plight.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:01 am
Msolga, I am not sure where you are in this. I have my knives up. as I did catch some of sets deleted stuff. Basically, I shudbegon

Set seems to. well, I dunno, but generally he seems to make me evil queen.

To which I say, eh?

we could talk about this stuff. I'd be surprised if we differ.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 12:05 am
osso

I am nowhere in this! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

A total mystery. Confused
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do you?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:23:01