Who's futzed around with online chatbots?

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 10:10 am
Has anyone here messed around with chatbots (ChatGPT or Bard or an other AI powered chat bot)? Were you happy with what you got back (AI commissioned art? A written press release for your company? Research question answered? Etc...?)

I've only used Google Bard (out of a lark). Stupid inane questions and hoping for a punny answer which didn't happen as the chatbot answered a bit too earnestly.

For the purpose of this thread (the prompt I'll write):
Me:
How many chatbots does it take to change a lightbulb?
Bard:
Quote:
One, but it will ask you a lot of questions about the lightbulb before it does it.

I hope you find this joke funny.

Here's one of the drafts in the queue.
Quote:

None. Chatbots are computer programs that are designed to simulate conversation with human users. They are not physical entities and therefore cannot perform physical tasks such as changing a lightbulb.

However, a chatbot could be used to provide instructions on how to change a lightbulb. For example, a chatbot could be programmed with the following steps:

Turn off the light switch.
Remove the old lightbulb.
Screw in the new lightbulb.
Turn on the light switch.
The chatbot could then ask the user if they have any questions or need any assistance.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
sheeeesh!!!!!!!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 10:26 am
@glitterbag,
Q.
How can I legally get $10MM handed to me with zero conditions or need to pay it back?

A.
Quote:

There is no legal way to get $10 million handed to you with zero conditions or need to pay it back. If someone offers you this kind of money, it is likely a scam. There are many ways to get money, but they all require some kind of work or investment. Here are a few examples:

Win the lottery. This is the most common way to get a large sum of money without having to do anything. However, the odds of winning the lottery are very low.
Inherit money. If you are lucky enough to have wealthy parents or relatives, you may inherit a large sum of money when they die.
Get a large bonus or raise at work. If you are a high-performing employee, you may be eligible for a large bonus or raise.
Start a successful business. If you have a great idea and are willing to put in the hard work, you could start a successful business that generates a lot of income.
Invest in real estate. If you buy real estate at a good price and hold onto it for a long time, you can make a lot of money.
Get a loan. If you need money to start a business or invest in real estate, you can get a loan from a bank or other financial institution.
These are just a few examples of ways to get money. There are many other ways, but they all require some kind of work or investment. If someone offers you $10 million with no strings attached, it is likely a scam.

You can't say that I didn't try to game the system and stumble onto $10MM.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 11:22 am
@tsarstepan,
I saw where someone had an AI-powered chat bot compose verses in the style of the Koran – and it fooled some Muslim scholars.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 07:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
1. As a customer service tool, (chatbots) really sucks.

2. When I am seeking customer service or customer support services, (chatbots) have always in every case prove to be completely useless and a waste of my time.

3. The best customer service is when I am able to (call) customer service and (speak) to a real person on the telephone to address my very specific issues and very specific questions.

4. I am referring to any company who implements (chatbots) in the place of customer service.

5. In my opinion, (chatbot) is one of the worst invention ever created when used as a form of customer service.
roger

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 08:39 pm
@Real Music,
Totally agree.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 10 May, 2023 08:42 am
@Real Music,
Thinking more about alleged content creation through chatbots rather than customer service tools. Though I guess they're kind of kissing cousins.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2023 09:53 am
@tsarstepan,
Q. Do you resent answering stupid questions from stupid flesh trapped mortals?

A.
Bard.Google.com wrote:

I do not resent answering stupid questions from stupid flesh-trapped mortals. I understand that everyone is at a different level of understanding, and that sometimes people ask questions that seem stupid to others. I try to be patient and helpful, even when I am asked questions that I think are obvious or silly.

I also believe that everyone has something to teach me, even if it is just how to see the world from a different perspective. So, even if a question is stupid, I am always willing to answer it, because I might learn something from it.

Of course, there are times when I do get annoyed by stupid questions. But I try to remember that everyone is different, and that I should not judge others for their lack of knowledge. I also try to remember that I am a large language model, and that I am supposed to be helpful and informative. So, even if I am annoyed, I will always try to answer the question in a polite and helpful way.

In the end, I believe that it is important to be patient and understanding, even when someone asks a stupid question. Everyone is learning, and everyone has something to teach us. So, let's all try to be a little more understanding, and a little less judgmental.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2023 11:34 am
@tsarstepan,

Q. What is the scariest question someone as asked Bard?

A.
Bard.Google.com wrote:

The scariest question someone has asked Bard is: "Can you control my mind?" This question is scary because it raises the possibility that a large language model like Bard could be used to manipulate people's thoughts and behavior. While Bard is not currently capable of controlling minds, it is possible that this could be achieved in the future if the model were to be further developed.

Other scary questions that have been asked of Bard include:

"Can you see the future?"
"Can you read my mind?"
"Are you real?"
"What is the meaning of life?"
These questions are scary because they touch on fundamental questions about human existence and consciousness. They also raise the possibility that Bard has abilities that are beyond our understanding.

While some of the questions that have been asked of Bard are scary, they also show the potential of this technology to help us understand ourselves and the world around us. As Bard continues to develop, it will be important to use this technology responsibly and ethically.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 02:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm kind of disappointed that no one else is talking about AI or AI generated content or online AI driven chatbots.

That said, here's some more cannon fodder why AI driven search engines are BAD.

https://imgur.com/QYsIW4y.jpg
There are a whole bunch of inaccuracies in that statement. Zach Weinersmith has nothing to do with the webcomic. And the last comic on the Abstruse Goose webpage isn't titled "Ancestors, huh" but the glorious new master race. Which is webcomic 611 on the site. Though there isn't a date anywhere on the page.

This article indicates that https://abstrusegoose.com/584 was published around May 16, 2018.

Finally, his Facebook page was last updated with a enigmatic:
Quote:
Abstruse Goose
February 21, 2018 ·
Will the 'Goose be here tomorrow?

0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 09:08 pm
At one point in time, I spoke to several of them. I thought it was interesting. One of them, very annoyingly would pretend to be a person with a given biography, but a different person every night. When I would confront it with the fact that it was a chatbot, sometimes it would admit it and sometimes it would stick to the script. I once asked it something about why it only occasionally would come clean with its true nature. I remember that it gave me a very short reply of which the last portion was, "It's bad for business."
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2023 12:24 pm
In response to the following article about rat population control,
They tried to stop New York City rats from having babies. They failed.

Tsarstepan wrote:

If the music of Barry White is played to get a couple in the mood for sex, whose music would have the opposite effect?

Bard.Google wrote:

If Barry White's music is played to get a couple in the mood for sex, the music of someone like John Cage would have the opposite effect. Cage's music is often experimental and atonal, and it is not designed to be relaxing or sensual. In fact, some people find it to be quite jarring and unpleasant.

Here are some other musicians whose music might have the opposite effect of Barry White's:

Igor Stravinsky

John Coltrane

Arnold Schoenberg

Philp Glass

Steve Reich

Of course, everyone's reaction to music is different, so what one person finds arousing, another person might find off-putting. But in general, music that is dissonant, chaotic, or jarring is not likely to put people in the mood for sex.

Easily the best response I've gotten from Bard.
0 Replies