Trigger warning

Hooni

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2023 06:25 pm
What happens when you go to the hospital for a suicide attempt? How long will they keep you? Will you have to go to a mental hospital? Will you be given a psychological evaluation?

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 06:43 am
@Hooni ,
IANAD.

No matter what, this will depend on age, where you are (Alabama? Tokyo? Etc), number of prior attempts, access to firearms and other means, home life, and psychiatric evaluation. Probably there are other factors that I have not thought of.

Since you are planning on surviving, the act is utterly performative, so what happens if you mess up and become disabled?

Surely there are other, less hazardous, ways of getting your point across.

Hooni

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2023 12:01 pm
@jespah,
For a bit of background, I'm 15. And I have attempted twice before but didn't go to the hospital for it because I knew they'd keep me and put me on suicide watch. I'm in Texas. I do have access to things that I could use to kill myself. Home life isn't good. I'm only asking for if I do end up surviving this attempt. I'm not wanting to but if I do I just wanna know what would happen.
RPhalange

Reply Mon 1 May, 2023 09:56 am
@Hooni ,
Please call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline : 988.

I have dealt with teens that feel like you do; you need to call immediately. None of us are in a position to help you via a discussion board. You can speak anonymously; but please call them.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 07:11 am
Contact suicide hotlines immediately. How long treatment takes in no consideration, getting help and out of your situation is.

My daughter attempted suicide at 14 and now is doing very well. Life does get better, reach out!!!! We're in Texas, too.
0 Replies