(Earth Wind & Fire) vs. (The OJays)

Real Music

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:00 pm
@jespah,
My three favorite episodes were probably the Kenny Loggins episode, the O'Jays episode,
and the Smokey Robinson episode.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:12 pm
@glitterbag,
1. My musical moods and likes have many facets.

2. There are times when I'm in the mood for some funk or upbeat dance music.

3. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for something with a laid back groove.

4. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for some hard driving pump my fist in the air music.

5. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for some very slow romantic music.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:17 pm
@Real Music,
Me too. I love everything in music.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:28 pm
@glitterbag,
1. Music preferences are often generational.
2. I have a little familiarity with big band music.
3. I may have heard some Glen Miller Band.
4. I know I have at least one Count Basie CD in my collection.
5. I also may know some of Cab Calloway music.
6. The one Cab Calloway song that I love to listen may be one his biggest songs. "Minnie the Moocher"
7. My exposure to that era of music is limited.
8. It's likely due to my age and my generation.
9. My knowledge of music is generally going to include the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.
Real Music

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:47 pm
@Ragman,
This particular (1981 live) performance makes me smile with joy everytime I watch it Smile

Earth, Wind & Fire - Thats the way of the world
(Live 1981)

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 09:57 pm
@Real Music,
My Dad loved Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Lionel Hampton, Count Basie and the list is endless. I sill have about eight or nine boxes of his 78 collection downstairs. Have you heard anything about Louie Prima, he was great....and his music blended into the 50's and early 60's.

I do like Cab Calloway, and his song Minnie the Moocher is more fun to watch and listen to than just listen. Louis Prima toe and performed 'sing, sing, sing' which became even a bigger hit when Benny Goodman did it. But I love both versions. But all that music was music m parents and their friends listened to, the men all severed in WWII, made it thru the depression then had to raise all of us Boomers. I'm sure I'm a lot older than you, and we don't get a chance to pick our year of birth, but I have a terrible memory for music...I get the artist mixed up from time to time, but I'm a big fan. Not a big country fan, however...just don't normally tune into that stuff. Some of it is really good.....I posted a Melanie tune on Facebook that shows her singing "Lay Down" with the Edwin Hawkins Singers...I think it was fabulous. She has an amazing voice and the song was released in 1970, it was an anti-war protest song that wrenched the hearts of all us 20 somethings, you may not enjoy the her sound but holy crap, what a song.
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 01:36 am
The O'jays on (the View) the morning of their induction into the Rock-N-Roll Hall of fame.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 01:59 am
@glitterbag,
1. I don't really don't know the groups you listed the way you know them.

2. I only have a (vague) familiarity with the groups you mention.

3. My knowledge and familiarity of music will (primarily) include parts of the 1960s, all of the 1970s,
all of the 1980s, and parts of the 1990s.

4. I agree that "Minnie the Moocher" is one of those songs that is much more enjoyable as an audience participation song.

5. There is another song I like that is one of those songs that is much more enjoyable as an audience participation song.

6. The song I am referring to is the country song by Garth Brooks, "Friends in Low Places"
0 Replies