Study Show Bar Patrons Eventually Approve Smoking Ban!

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 11:54 pm
Not at all. And I'd sound just as whiny as I do now in the opposite circumstances.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 12:56 am
Aaaah -you don't whine - you just qvetch a little.

All god's chillun - and those of the opposition, too - gotta qvetch.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:32 am
Lastest report from the Water Club.. People whining but they are butting out.

I am trying to remember....I thought smoking was cool, and that it was all a bunch of crap about the cancer and heart disease, and I looked cool smoking. (Film directors LOVE smokers, Actors LOVE smoking, bad actors, it gives them an activity for one of their hands. And it makes film characters look cool.) But the people I know who do smoke, don't seem to enjoy it, it's more like a fix. Jab, wait, AH, ..... that's over. So why do people, rather bright people, still do it?? They don't seem to be having a good time, they smell to high heaven, (Please, don't let that pretty girl lean in and talk to me because her breath is like licking an ashtray.....) and, unless I'm missing something, instead of looking cool and hip, they appear to be under some punishment regimen.
Am I missing something. Do any of the smokers out there reccomend that I try it again?///??

Joe Should I start a thread entitled "Starting up?"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:54 am
Image does not have an allure so much as chemical satisfaction in my case. Not being an actor at all, being a bad one is of little concern and smoking offers activity for a bored hand rather than cover poor acting skills.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:02 am
Yeah. I remember the chemical part. Made me puke when I started, made me puke when I quit.

On acting: I meant real actors, do you perform somewhere? There's an interview with Sean Connery about the transitions he made in the role of James Bond. One of the things he talked about was how in the early pics Bond smoked a lot, but Connery said as the character grew he found that having a butt in his mouth or hand limited what he could do as an actor rather than giving him some tool to do a little business. (If you are not an actor you should know that everything an actor does except for speaking is called business.) So that by the time he quit the role, Bond didn't smoke at all. .....
Do you recommend smoking to your friends?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:09 am
I recommend that they think for themselves and take any recommendation i have for their lives with a grain of salt. After all they will live it, not I.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:28 am
Hmmmm - I remember it used to be nice having LOTS of things to do with my hands - they don't get bored even now, though.....must be easily amused.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:32 am
Thank you, bunny.

I am going to sleep now......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 01:35 am
Bored ya, huh? Have a ciggy!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:39 pm
Puff puff!!!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2003 02:33 pm
I used to be a heavy smoker. I quit 7 years ago when I started coughing my lungs out. Now I will have an occasional smoke and it doesn't bother me. I don't get hooked and if people want to smoke let 'em.
0 Replies