People still amaze me with their stupidity

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:25 am
oh it was a coupe, not sure about the 6 speed though...windows were tinted, but hey, i got out of the way! because there was no one in front of me or beside me and he obviously wanted to pass...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:20 am
Last week I was passed twice on the left (yes in the turning lane) because I wasn't speeding enough. Two different people did that to me! People do stupid **** all the time and with a commute in rush hour traffic in a big city, you get to see it all!

ehbeth, I am curious...what happens when you report those people? I actually got so mad one day at someone I took down their license plate # but never called the police because I figured there was nothing they could do.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:03 am
This morning I stopped to fill up my gas tank. A soccer mom pulled away from the pump in her Escalade just as I was pulling in. I went to the pump she was leaving. I was thinking how glad I was not to be filling a gas hog like her Escalade with gas prices above $3.00/gal. I put my credit card into the slot and noticed her purchase was $64 for 21 gallons of gas.

A minute later an attendant from the gas station approached me and said to be sure to come inside to pay for my gas because it wasn't going on my credit card. I thought he meant there was something wrong with the card reader in the pump so I nodded and said sure.

The pump/credit card seemed to be working fine. When I finished getting my gas, the machine spit out a receipt, it contained the last 4 digits of my card, the date, the amount... it all seemed perfectly fine.

I went inside wanting to make sure I wasn't going to get charged twice for my gas. He looked angry when I opened the door and asked if I pulled up to the pump just as someone was leaving. I said I had. It turns out Ms. soccer mom had pumped $64 worth of gas and driven off without paying. He said they're seeing a lot more drive offs in large gas hog vehicles with the high gas prices.

Not only am I surrounded by Hummer/Escalade/Suburban driving soccer moms. Now, it seems they've decided the best way to keep their mega vehicles on the road is to steal the high priced gas it takes to drive them.

GRRRRRRRR Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:19 am
Well that explains something I have been noticing lately. At several gas stations, I go to they now offer full service with no extra charge. They all have those machines where you can insert your own credit card. I was thinking this is odd, you don't fill your own gas, but yet they have all the pumps set up like self service. Must be too many people taking off with out paying.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:23 am
JB, that is horrible. that is just unbelievable. i know here in VA they are implementing cameras that show the license plate and you can lose your license for not paying at gas stations.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:25 am
and how terrible am i that i drive an SUV, hubby drives a Dodge Ram Truck, and our third car is a camaro Z28. ugh we are some freaking gas guzzling, environment destroying jerks. some one slap me around...Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:33 am
dragon49 wrote:
and how terrible am i that i drive an SUV, hubby drives a Dodge Ram Truck, and our third car is a camaro Z28. ugh we are some freaking gas guzzling, environment destroying jerks. some one slap me around...Smile

Careful, the tree-huggers here will kill you. They will "stone" you to death with granola bars.

And I drive so much I'm filling my car up every 2-3 days, so even though I don't have an SUV, I'm still burning more gas than the average Escalade/Hummer driver.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:45 am
My car gets about 30 miles to the gallon so I don't have that problem however, the pumps by me make you pay BEFORE you begin pumping. If you don't insert a credit card, many of them require you to pay in advance.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:47 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Careful, the tree-huggers here will kill you. They will "stone" you to death with granola bars.

funny you say that. i have recently ventured onto some of the political threads (mainly the ones regarding iraq)...man people on there get testy. insults are quite common. probably explains why i stay away from those threads. i like the light hearted, funny ones Smile

i know, i am horrible for owning my three gas guzzlers contributing to a bad environment. i love my vehicles though Sad however, my next car will probably be a hybrid (if they start getting a little cheaper).
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:00 pm
<<<Throws granola bars at dragon>>> Smile

Yup, tree hugger here. I b*tch all over the place about people cutting down the woods and building McMansions with 7 car garages to house their motor fleets and 2 people. Some of them also have a dog, but mostly we've got 5,000 to 8,000 sq ft houses going up for two people. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox on your thread Cool

What galls me about the drive offs is the poor bloke who is buying 3 or 4 gallons at a time because that's all he can afford and these a$$holes think they're entitled to free gas because they're so special. I wish I'd taken her plate number down.

I think we'll start seeing more places install pre-pay for cash sales and/or cameras at the pump. It's a shame that honesty goes in the toilet to save a couple bucks.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:07 pm
Man, I'd love to own a 5,000 square foot house. By myself.

Not only is that one dumb bitch, but she's risking a lot over a $60 tank of gas. If you're pimping a $50K vehicle, gas prices should be meaningless.

Maybe she's a wannabe...driving some Escalade she bought with 100K miles for $15K.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:07 pm
J_B wrote:
<<<Throws granola bars at dragon>>> Smile

Yup, tree hugger here. I b*tch all over the place about people cutting down the woods and building McMansions with 7 car garages to house their motor fleets and 2 people. Some of them also have a dog, but mostly we've got 5,000 to 8,000 sq ft houses going up for two people. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox on your thread Cool

<<dodging anxiously>> Laughing

JB i understand, that ticks me off too. we bought a house specifically because of its older established trees. we took down a whopping 3 out of probably 50 because they were less than 3 feet from the house (and they had just started to disrupt the foundation to the house). we have these enormous 75 foot pine trees in front of the house and i love them. if we decide to expand our house, we will be building out the back, specifically because there are no trees in teh way. i am kind of a tree hugger, but yup i drive the guzzler.

i sincerely hope they start busting down hard on these people that drive off. what asses. hey sell your freaking car, buy a kia and use the difference to pay for your gas if you can't afford the guzzler. i don't bitch about gas prices because i specifically know that i bought a guzzler and its my own damn fault i have to fill up more often.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:08 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Man, I'd love to own a 5,000 square foot house. By myself.

Not only is that one dumb bitch, but she's risking a lot over a $60 tank of gas. If you're pimping a $50K vehicle, gas prices should be meaningless.

Maybe she's a wannabe...driving some Escalade she bought with 100K miles for $15K.

or leased...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:14 pm
Most of my neighbors lease their cars. That way they get the biggest car they can for the cost of the payment on purchasing a sedan. They turn them in every two years and get the latest behemoth. We have private, narrow roads. Two of these tanks can't pass each other from opposite directions. One has to pull into a driveway to let the other one by. It's pretty funny to see them play chicken with each other to see which one is actually going to let the other one by.

I usually drive my 8 year old Honda right on through. I also park as close as I can to the driver's door in a parking lot. I love to watch them crawl over through the passenger side or even through the back if the car on the right side is parked close Twisted Evil

oops, I'm back on my soapbox, sorry dragon. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:15 pm
I know this metrosexual that has to have the best of everything. He has some sort of high end sporty car - don't even remember which one that how much it impresses me. He is always bragging about owning ABC car and how cool he is. At a "Holiday Party" (to be politically correct) this one woman knew he didn't own the car, but leased it. Put him on the spot and said leasing a car doesn't mean you own it. She was making fun of him because he so rarely uses it. Find out it is because he does not want to add mileage and have to pay more at the end of the lease. Seems he can't really afford much about the car and just uses it as a show piece.

Talk about your stupidity.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
Many gas stations around here are requiring prepay, or inserting a card they issue that identifies who you are before you can pump. Gas is around $2.59/gal here.

Also, state law here if convicted if stealing gas, you lose your d.l. for a year.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:22 pm
JB, purposely blocking in someone's driver's door because they have a nice car is absolutely retarded. That's a great way to have a panel in your car kicked in.

You guys don't realize some people just love cars. I've been obsessed with them since I was a kid. I don't drive anything special now, but have had a couple BMW's, and it's always pissed me off hearing about people vandalising cars/judging the driver because they're jealous they're driving a sh!tbox. I never bought one because of the image...but because it drives better than anything outside a Porsche or exotic.

I never leased...but if you're financing a car you're not owning it either...the bank owns it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:30 pm
Tico
Ticomaya wrote:
Many gas stations around here are requiring prepay, or inserting a card they issue that identifies who you are before you can pump. Gas is around $2.59/gal here.

Also, state law here if convicted if stealing gas, you lose your d.l. for a year.

I just filled my car gas tank for the first time in over a month. I had sticker shock at $2.69 per gallon in Albuquerque.

I recommend that anyone who doesn't have a locking gas cap get one immediately. It's a real pisser to get into your car in a public place and find your tank nearly empty because someone has syphoned your gas via your unlocked gas cap. I bought mine during the fuel crisis re the Iran hostage incidence and the huge increase in gas prices. I've transferred that locking cap to each subsequent Volvo I bought.

BBB
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:30 pm
Slappy I could care less what some one drives. I just find it amusing that some people are so obsessed about having a depreciating asset that they will basically live in a one room studio and have no net worth what so ever simply to look cool.

My husband and I have two nice cars that we own outright. The Acura drives (IMO) better than a BMW. My old boyfriend had a couple of BMWs (suppose it depends on the model too) - nice, good quality cars, though can be expensive to repair.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:43 pm
Slappy, I'm not jealous. I choose to drive a sh*tbox. Mr B drives an Audi TT roadster. Prior to that he drove an Alfa Romeo. I used to drive various assorted high performance cars, but ALL of them got 25 mpg or better in city driving. My favorite was a British racing green Sunbeam Alpine I had in college. I traded in performance for more passenger room when I started hauling kids around but still found a van that gets good gas mileage.

The problem I have with the people in my community is they are NOT into cars, they are into status and will trade in whatever they drive for whatever someone else has that's better than theirs.

Most of them are women who can't drive the damned things, certainly can't park them in a single parking space and end up taking two spaces because the cars are too big for them to handle. Those are the ones I love to crowd in, the ones who are a foot or two over their lane.

I have no objection to someone who hauls a camper or horse trailer or whatever driving a vehicle big enough to handle it. I do object to Susie driving a Escalade because it's nicer than Janie's Suburban. Have you seen the new bigger Hummers? We've got a couple 5' 2" moms driving their children to school in those too. God forbid they put the kid on the bus that goes right past their house! Little Johnny might have to get up 10 minutes earlier (which means Mom might have to get up 10 minutes earlier too). No, they all schlep their kids over to school one by one, each getting about 12 mpg - they don't even friggin carpool!

Ok, I'll stop ranting. But this woman from this morning typifies everything I see around here and it drives me nuts.

BTW, Chicago typically has the most expensive gas in the nation. I paid $3.08/gal this morning.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 05:36:11