I was banned for a week from Facebook for wishing death upon a PT Cruiser

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2022 05:09 pm
This is the kind of stuff you read in The Onion, except it's not satire.

A guy posted a video which was obviously staged. In it, he staged a traffic altercation where a near traffic accident between a Mazda Miata and a tank (yes, an actual tank) was narrowly avoided. The tank driver, strongman Eddie Hall, as revenge, then ran over the other driver's Miata with his tank.

I replied to the post, "Obviously staged, and you should have run over a PT Cruiser."

That is all I said, and I can provide screencaps proving it.

For this I was banned from doing just about everything for one week. All I can do is send private messages.

WTF? For insulting a car?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 2
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2022 05:39 pm
@MG Hucul,
Truly stunning. AI sometimes seems more Artificial than Intelligent.
0 Replies

MG Hucul

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2022 02:16 pm
Update

I appealed of course.

Shortly after, I received a new message from FB asking me a second time if I want to appeal. I did and filed a second appeal. After I finished, Facebook (or their agent) said only a small number of appeals are chosen for review, so I doubt anything will come out of it. Just a ludicrous decision. I wished harm on an automobile.

But it gets better. After writing my second appeal I received a new message saying:

"We can't review your comment again
We review requests in the order in which we receive them.
As our review team is busier than usual right now, we weren’t able to review your comment again.
Since we can’t review your comment again, we can’t change our decision. But, your feedback will help us improve future decisions."

The inmates are not running the asylum. No one is running the asylum.

So I guess I'm hooped, right? No other avenues of recourse?

Screencap of offending comment: https://i.imgur.com/2karGfM.png

0 Replies