My messages was classified as spam

samrte

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2022 07:28 am
Good day to you, I have been looking for a freelance job on Facebook, and I went a little overboard with the thing sending so many messages to many people who I don't know with links to portfolio and my previous work. Therefore, and because of security standards on Facebook, my messages are now considered a spam and clients can't see them anymore. Is there any way I can fix this? Thank you so much for your help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 644 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2022 10:25 am
@samrte,
1) Don't look for a job on Facebook. Use an appropriate channel for that: Upwork, Dice, LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, and the like. Even Facebook Marketplace no longer allows job postings. The only thing you can do is answer job postings, on individual company pages. Their /jobs page no longer works.
2) Sending a bunch of messages to people who don't know you is the very definition of spam.
3) The people who you were messaging aren't clients. They're barely even cold prospects. If your real clients have no way to reach you other than through Facebook, well, that's on you. Always use a channel you can control. 95% of the time, that's email. The other 5% is a form on your own website. Don't entrust this to social media.
4) "A little overboard" and "so many messages" are contradictory statements. If Facebook is dinging your messages as spam, then you went more than a little bit overboard. Again, this is the textbook definition of spam.
5) Can it be fixed? I am doubtful.

Can you learn from it? I sure hope so.
0 Replies