Officers who defended Capitol on Jan. 6 to receive Congressional Gold Medals.

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2022 09:29 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Not necessarily. There may be no evidence that Joe Biden cheated, but that could just mean that he successfully eliminated all the witnesses.

A lie is still a lie, no matter who tells it or how often the lie is repeated.

oralloy wrote:
Progressive tyrants wish that it were otherwise, but peaceful protest is not a crime in America.

You're right, Except the storming of the Capital wasn't a "peaceful protest."

oralloy wrote:
Only progressive tyrants view peaceful protest as a seditious act.

The Courts have disagreed with your assessment.

oralloy wrote:
The murder was caused by the police officer who committed the murder.

The Police Officer who fired his weapon in the course of his job had a duty and obligation to defend the Capital building. He did so with justification and impunity. Lethal means was a necessity.

oralloy wrote:
Progressive tyrants admire China for the Tiananmen Square Massacre and subsequent cover-up.

Your opinion is unrelated to the topic, therefore irrelevant.
oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2022 08:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Absolutely complicit, "Depraved Indifference" at the least. That would support a charge of manslaughter. He knew or should have known what might have happened and set it off anyway.

Mr. Trump had no way of knowing that Capitol Police would decide to gun down a peaceful protester.

bobsal u1553115 wrote:
What kind of devious thinking does it take for someone to claim an absence of evildoing is actually itself an evidence of evildoing?

I do not say there is evidence of evildoing.

I say that we don't actually know since we can't put it past the Democrats to have successfully eliminated all the witnesses.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2022 08:45 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
A lie is still a lie, no matter who tells it or how often the lie is repeated.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden sure do lie a lot.

neptuneblue wrote:
You're right, Except the storming of the Capital wasn't a "peaceful protest."

Sure it was. Most of the protesters never assaulted anyone.

neptuneblue wrote:
The Courts have disagreed with your assessment.

Appeals to authority are logical fallacies.

neptuneblue wrote:
The Police Officer who fired his weapon in the course of his job had a duty and obligation to defend the Capital building. He did so with justification and impunity. Lethal means was a necessity.

There was no need to gun down a peaceful protester.

neptuneblue wrote:
Your opinion is unrelated to the topic, therefore irrelevant.

That is incorrect. First, that was a fact, not an opinion.

And second, that fact is highly relevant given your admiration for gunning down peaceful protesters.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 04:28 pm
@neptuneblue,
What do you think NB, when oral talks about peaceful protestors, is he talking about the woman who tried to break thru a broken window into a closed area?

"Mr. Trump had no way of knowing that Capitol Police would decide to gun down a peaceful protester."

I get so confused.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:22 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
when oral talks about peaceful protestors, is he talking about the woman who tried to break thru a broken window into a closed area?

Correct! I am indeed thinking of her.

I am not aware of her having assaulted anyone.

glitterbag wrote:
I get so confused.

Ask polite questions. I am happy to answer.

I find "answering polite questions" to be much preferable to "fending off unjustified attacks".
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Try watching the video.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:40 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

glitterbag wrote:
when oral talks about peaceful protestors, is he talking about the woman who tried to break thru a broken window into a closed area?

Correct! I am indeed thinking of her.

glitterbag wrote:
I get so confused.

Ask polite questions. I am happy to answer.

I find "answering polite questions" to be much preferable to "fending off unjustified attacks".

I absolutely thought you meant her, breaking thru a broken window in a Federal building facing a guard with a gun in his hand, sure ordinary stuff.....plain old usual peaceful protest. Why do YOU suppose she was breaking into a protected area? That area was where all of Congress was gathered while a bunch of deranged lunatics were carrying confederate flags and smearing their own excrement on the walls. Reminds me of 1979 watching Iranian 'students' breaking into the American Embassy in Iran and then holding American citizens hostage from 4 Nov 79 to Jan 20th 1981. I suppose peaceful is in the eye of the beholder.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 06:43 pm
@glitterbag,
I believe Oralloy is talking about the attendees at the Capital approached about 120,00 people. Of that, only about 1200 actually entered the building. As the siege was happening, Capital Police were tasked to keep people out of the building so the official Certification of election results could be held.

The protester was not armed at the time of the shooting. Having said that, gaining entry into a secured area is not a "peaceful" action. It was an attempt at Breaking & Entering, a criminal act. As such the Capital Police had a duty and obligation to attempt to restrict entry. A police officer shot and struck an individual attempting to enter the building through a broken window. That person later died of that injury.

All this has been documented as fact.

Oralloy may be correct in saying it was "mostly" a peaceful gathering. What he is not saying is the amount of people who were not peaceful and criminal in their attempt to gain access into the building.

Our government is based on the peaceful transfer of power. Attempting and succeeding in the delay of an Official proceeding should be of the utmost importance. Trump's knowledge and planning such an elaborate scheme to deviate from that has yet to be determined.

Again, the Capital Police deserve recognition for their efforts to support our Rule of Law concerning our government. To detract from that is shameful at best.

Let's not continue a discussion from Oralloy to be the worst as it was that day.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 07:31 pm
@neptuneblue,
Of course you are right, but as a retired intelligence person I could not miss the obvious advance organization that went on prior to the insurrection. It was a national embarrassment to see so many anti-American Americans roiling around like a bunch of drunk 15 year olds. Many identical tee-shirts, signs, Trump signs so on and so forth......you might believe it was the 4th of July for anarchists.

But it is holiday time, some celebrate, others don't, but it's definitely a good time to wish everyone a Happy Holiday and time of Peace. Best wishes to everyone.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 07:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Try watching the video.

I am not aware of any video showing Ashli Babbitt committing an assault against any person.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 07:35 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
breaking thru a broken window in a Federal building facing a guard with a gun in his hand, sure ordinary stuff.....plain old usual peaceful protest.

Yes.

glitterbag wrote:
Why do YOU suppose she was breaking into a protected area?

Peaceful protest.

glitterbag wrote:
That area was where all of Congress was gathered while a bunch of deranged lunatics were carrying confederate flags and smearing their own excrement on the walls. Reminds me of 1979 watching Iranian 'students' breaking into the American Embassy in Iran and then holding American citizens hostage from 4 Nov 79 to Jan 20th 1981.

Reminds me of the protests against the Vietnam War.

glitterbag wrote:
I suppose peaceful is in the eye of the beholder.

The definition is pretty static. "Someone who commits no acts of violence" is "peaceful."
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2022 07:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I believe Oralloy is talking about the attendees at the Capital approached about 120,00 people. Of that, only about 1200 actually entered the building.

Most of the ones who did not enter the building were certainly peaceful. But so were most of the ones who did enter.

neptuneblue wrote:
The protester was not armed at the time of the shooting. Having said that, gaining entry into a secured area is not a "peaceful" action. It was an attempt at Breaking & Entering, a criminal act.

"Criminal" and "violent" are two different terms. They are not synonyms.

It is possible for an act to be criminal but not violent.

It is possible for an act to be violent but not criminal.

It is possible for an act to be both or neither.

neptuneblue wrote:
Oralloy may be correct in saying it was "mostly" a peaceful gathering. What he is not saying is the amount of people who were not peaceful

I called from the start for people who assaulted police officers to be prosecuted for it.

Progressives only started calling for that after they perceived that they could gain a political advantage from doing so.

neptuneblue wrote:
Attempting and succeeding in the delay of an Official proceeding should be of the utmost importance.

Peaceful protest is part of democracy. Progressive yearning for tyranny is out of place in America.

neptuneblue wrote:
Trump's knowledge and planning such an elaborate scheme to deviate from that has yet to be determined.

There was no elaborate scheme.

neptuneblue wrote:
Again, the Capital Police deserve recognition for their efforts to support our Rule of Law concerning our government. To detract from that is shameful at best.

If the police do not wish to be condemned for gunning down peaceful protesters, then they should stop gunning down peaceful protesters.

neptuneblue wrote:
Let's not continue a discussion from Oralloy to be the worst as it was that day.

Was that supposed to be two different sentences?

At any rate, you are welcome to stop challenging the facts that I post.

Challenging facts is ultimately a futile endeavor for the left anyway. Facts always win in the end.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2024 09:49 pm
‘Betrayal’: Jan. 6 hero cop slams Trump’s promise to pardon Capitol insurrectionists.

Donald Trump warned of a bloodbath if he is not re-elected and saluted the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrectionists at an Ohio campaign rally over this past weekend. Trump has also pledged to pardon convicted insurrectionists.

Republicans mostly silent as Trump warns of bloodbath and salutes insurrectionists.

Trump calls January 6 Assailants "hostages"

Trump warns of "bloodbath" if not re-elected.

Michael Fanone, Jan 6. hero, former D.C. Metropolitan Police officer and author of "Hold the Line: The Insurrection and One Cop's Battle for America's Soul," and Stuart Stevens, political strategist and senior advisor to the Lincoln Project, join Joy Reid to discuss.

Published March 18, 2024

0 Replies