safinaz

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 04:41 am
The way that some people follow to attain the "faith" in God is not always safe. The "faith" in God can be obtained by a unique way; safe and straight. For that, the way of that "faith is to to observe the globe, the human being, and the life using a clear and reasonable method of thinking. In fact it is the base of any starting point. It may lead to reasonable answers and proofs. Also it may lead us to ask those three questions:
From where I come?
Why I am here?
Where I will go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 772 • Replies: 5
No top replies

safinaz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:50 pm
coooooooool, I've been absent of that forum for about 2 years, my first and last topics were in 2005, now we'e in 2007 and I'm back! this was my 1st topic and UNFORTUNATELY still without any reply !! lol so I'm posting someting 4me Very Happy
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 05:52 am
Quote:
The way that some people follow to attain the "faith" in God is not always safe.

Faith is an act done even though your knowledge is unprovable or uncertain. From that perspective, faith is the path not safe.

Quote:
The "faith" in God can be obtained by a unique way; safe and straight.

I would argue that one has to step out of the safety zone.

Quote:
For that, the way of that "faith is to to observe the globe, the human being, and the life using a clear and reasonable method of thinking.

Belief is belief. Faith is an act.

I quite agree that observation is necessary to understanding.

Quote:
From where I come?
Why I am here?
Where I will go?

Those questions matter to a lot of people. They don't matter all that much to myself though.

From where I come? It doesn't matter. What matters is the hear and now.

Why am I here? The why doesn't matter. What matters is what I am doing with the now - which is where meaning is found. Can meaning be found in the past or the future? Not if it's not applied to the now it can't. And the now is still uniquely different from the past...

Where I will go? If there is an afterlife, then that is beyond my control. What matters is how I am and how we are here and now.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 07:35 pm
Quote:
he way that some people follow to attain the "faith" in God is not always safe.

it isn't safe. history has countless examples of how dangerous it is. the crusades and the inquisition were done with the faith that god would condone them. the crusades and the inquisition also tortured and killed innocents and believers. too much faith is very unsafe.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 07:37 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
Quote:

it isn't safe. history has countless examples of how dangerous it is. the crusades and the inquisition were done with the faith that god would condone them. the crusades and the inquisition also tortured and killed innocents and believers. too much faith is very unsafe.

Should we cite the murderous records of Stalin, Communist China, etc to support the contention that too much unbelief is very unsafe?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 03:58 pm
real life wrote:
tinygiraffe wrote:
Quote:

Should we cite the murderous records of Stalin, Communist China, etc to support the contention that too much unbelief is very unsafe?

Nope.....that's not fair. You can't use history in that way. They can....not you.
0 Replies