NO PEACE ANYWHERE---WAKE UP!!

fdrhs

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:06 am
Mankind's effort to establish world peace has failed since the FALL.
It is obvious this world is out of control. What does it take for President Bush and other world leaders to realize that effort to bring about peace and brotherly love between different races is simply a dream NOT reality? America has been around slightly over 200 years. Arabs and Jews have been fighting for thousands of years. Need I say more?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 642 • Replies: 9
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:18 pm
Bush is trying to bring world peace? Hmm....I thought he was promoting the opposite..........
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:31 pm
World peace will never exist. Why? Because humans are fallible, greedy, selfish and careless.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:27 pm
Totally agree, Bella.
0 Replies

fdrhs

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:32 pm
OK
Ok, so we all agree, right? Isn't this what I originally said?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:37 pm
No. We don't agree.

Every once in a while, a man or woman will stand up for peace and take a personal risk.

Ariel Sharon is the one with his neck out today.

Abbas may push to meet him with a response toward peace--or someone may assassinate him--or it may all fall into chaos.

But, there's hope today.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:40 pm
Total peace, in my opinion, is impossible. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep the killing to a frickin' minimum.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 07:09 am
Kicky's right. Just because we will never get 100% of the population on the same page doesn't mean those of us who are on the Peace Page can't make the world just a little bit nicer.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 07:24 am
Lash wrote:
No. We don't agree.

Every once in a while, a man or woman will stand up for peace and take a personal risk.

Ariel Sharon is the one with his neck out today.

Abbas may push to meet him with a response toward peace--or someone may assassinate him--or it may all fall into chaos.

But, there's hope today.

Fair point. Taking the realpolitik out of it it could well be that Sharon has shown true leadership. There may well be other issues bubbling along but it's a pretty brave policy position.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 09:33 pm
I saw the most harrowing scenes in Gaza.

Sharon was begging for the settlers not to attack Israeli soldiers. He said (paraphrasing), "It's not their fault, don't hurt them. If you want to blame someone, blame me. This is my doing."

I just feel like we're watching something so much more important than we may realize right now. It's agonizing to see the soldiers hugging and crying with the settlers--and seeing the faces of the settlers...

Heartbreaking.

I hope Sharon has a loyal security detail.
0 Replies