Does this sound familiar?

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 09:26 am
"But it remains a potentially deadly challenge for the Marines to distinguish enemy fighters from unarmed citizens. A Marine unit killed three Iraqis near here on Thursday when their truck backfired and the Americans mistakenly thought they were being fired upon, officers said.

Captain Matthew Kolich, commanding officer of an artillery battery for the Second Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment, attributed such episodes to Iraqi guerrilla tactics. He said some militia members have walked toward American troops with groups of women and children, then pushed them aside to fire automatic weapons."

Any of us who are old enough to remember Vietnam will remember this from 25 years ago.

I have no doubt that Baghdad will fall. Does anyone else doubt that the fighting will stop there? We will be occupying a largely hostile populace.

The first suicide bombing was reported this morning.

I am very worried about what comes next....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 09:27 am
Sorry I forgot to attribute my quote. It is from this morning Boston Globe

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/088/nation/Along_road_Marines_learn_to_fear_the_night+.shtml
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 04:56 pm
It must be hard. But pessimism is not good for everything.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 07:53 am
Racketeers 'hijacking water supplies'
Some things never change - BBB

Iraqi racketeers 'hijacking water supplies'
London Times

Iraqi gangsters are attempting to hijack vital water supplies brought into the south of the country by British troops.

Brigadier Sean Cowlan, of the 102 Logistics Brigade, dismissed reports that the coalition was charging for supplies from a pipeline built into the port of Umm Qasr. But locals had tried to sell our supplies, he told journalists at the former UN compound south of the border.
0 Replies