Where can I find the best primary school in Sydney & Suburbs

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 04:26 am
I am moving to Sydney. My son is 3 years old. Does anyone out there know where I can find the best education for him? I will locate our family to the neighbourhood.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 22,987 • Replies: 13
No top replies

margo

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:09 am
Georgeleo
Welcome to A2k.

It's a bit difficult to ask this question without having some additional information.

1. Where are you coming to Sydney from?
2. What sort of education does a 3yo need?
3. Where will you be working? - I presume you are.

Sydney is a very spread out city - and can take a couple of hours to get from one side to the other. There are places suitable for 3yo's from the city centre to the outer, outer suburbs.

Please reply with more detailed information.

Inclusion of this question in reference hasn't helped. I will ask the moderators to move it to the "Australia" forum, where it may attract more attention.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 04:40 am
your a great father.. considering you are willing to locate your family purely on your sons education... If you are looking for a friendly town that is small and kind with a great school that is well known around the shire COMO WEST PRIMARY is a great one... I didnt personally go there but I know lots of people that do and did and they say it is GREAT!!! not only is the principal great but there are many people on the waiting lost from other parts of the shire...........take a peek.. there are also some great houses round como west and near by suburbs like bonnet bay & como
0 Replies

anmari

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 07:55 pm
Truly Best primary school for a child
I know the previous question was posted long ago, but if someone is looking for the best primary and pre-school in sydney and they are concerned about the childs holistic education (not the parents prestige etc), then one should absolutely look at Currambena Primary and Preschool.

It is a democratic child centered school with a fantastic community and teachers. It gives a broader education, including conflict resolution. See the web for more details. Both my kids go there and I am super impressed and wish that I could have gone to a school like that!

It is in Lane Cove on the lower north shore. Some children have over the years travelled long distances to attend the school in preference to others (Palm beach, davidson, bondi etc).

Recently an overseas family chose the school prior to coming out to do a sabbatical here as their main concern was that there child should be happy.
0 Replies

legobreaker

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 09:13 pm
North shore or east coast ma'am
0 Replies

Meredith

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 08:45 pm
North Shore Primary Schools
Hello

I am just looking for a bit of help. My family are moving to the North Shore early next year and my son is currently in an Accelerated learning Program in Melbourne. I am looking for information of any schools that have these facilities for Yr 5 & 6.
0 Replies

holpip

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 04:09 am
i know a gd skool. in balgowlah hieghts. Balgowlah Hieghts Public School.
0 Replies

Tigershark

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 04:12 am
holpip wrote:
i know a gd skool. in balgowlah hieghts. Balgowlah Hieghts Public School.

Be even better when they start teaching spelling and grammar Laughing
0 Replies

vin2828

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 07:19 am
need help... pls recommend good preschools in the hills district, northern suburbs sydney
0 Replies

emma9

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2009 06:54 pm
hello my name is emma sellars and go to sacred heart school in mosman and i think it is the best primary school in sydney!!
0 Replies

twoneatboys

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 11:20 pm
Hello, we are moving to Longueville from Seattle for my husband's short sabbatical. Have 2 boys, who will be just turning 14 and just turning 9 when we arrive (for Term 2). Does anyone have experience with Hunters Hill High, Chatswood or Mosman? Or St. Michael's Lane Cove or Currambena? I was trying for Greenwich PS but they are full, and Lane Cove PS has absolutely not responded. Thanks for any insights!
margo

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 11:25 pm
I'm probably the only active Sydney A2K'er - unless Stilly comes back - and I know absolutely zippo about schools, I'm afraid.

Hunters Hill High has a reasonable reputation.

A friend, some time back, sent her kids to St Michael's Lane Cove -which she found OK, then.

Nothing else to offer, I'm afraid.
0 Replies

brendainthesun

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 03:45 am
@twoneatboys,
How did you get on...we are also looking for a good school for a 9yr old....moving from nz....
margo

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 06:35 am
@brendainthesun,
Where are you living?
0 Replies