Why is Google failing on so many levels?

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 10:44 am
Google Fi is failing in letting phishing texts go unchallenged: "Get your 3 bedroom home/apartment for $300"

Gmail is letting OBVIOUS phishing emails directly into the Inbox.
https://imgur.com/POlWNXg.jpg

Even Google search is falling short. Making assumption your searching for something immediately more popular even if you have spelled the search item correctly and they're only showing more popular search results. Even after using -keyword and "" to insist search results contain mandated words/terms.

Am I the only one noticing this?

I report, block, and delete these messages but Google isn't learning any lessons from the past year+ of such failure of duty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,701 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 11:44 am
@tsarstepan,

i (still!) use yahoo as my primary email, and i don't get a lot of that garbage.

now if i could just figure out how to block some bogus outfit called "Right to Rent Homes"
from calling my cell using spoofed numbers 3x a day every day, i'd be all set...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 11:56 am
@Region Philbis,
I have got less than a handful of such emails on both my gmail (google) accounts in the years, but since a few weeks I get more and more (yesterday nearly 50) in my primary email account's spam folder (which is aol, with a very effective spam filter)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 02:27 pm
@Region Philbis,
I was getting more than a dozen of "You've been chosen to...", "You've won a free entry to..." and such-like. I have several free call-blockers installed but they keep clogging up my vm which is extremely irritating. You can pay for a blocker which supposedly prevents them from going to vm but I'm too cheap to pay for it.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2022 02:29 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You can pay for a blocker which supposedly prevents them from going to vm but I'm too cheap to pay for it.

That's BS. You're already paying for the service, your phone provide should make this a COMPLETELY FREE and NECESSARY SERVICE TO ALL ITS CUSTOMERS.
Mame

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2022 08:23 am
@tsarstepan,
Well, as it happens, I did call my provider which happens to be a subsidiary of Shaw (I didn't know that). They were completely useless. They told me to file a police report (?!?) - like that would help.

I have 3 free CALL-blockers but would have to pay for a VOICEMAIL blocker, which I find unreasonable. I'm thinking of changing providers to one who does offer a free VM-blocker.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 03:50 pm
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2023 07:47 am
@tsarstepan,

0 Replies