The Bear Hits A Setback

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 12:58 pm
Since Friday dinner I've two saltines and a bowl of cereal. Now even a sip of water causes me to get heartburn pains and gas.... squinney says it's because I haven't eaten. What do you think?

I also can't dodge this headache but that might be because I 've been taking pain medication again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 01:08 pm
Not eating could also be causing the headache - I'm off to poke around at

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/healthtopics.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 01:30 pm
have you checked an online site to see if the symptoms could be side-effects of the medication you're taking

<they come up on several medication sites - as side effects which are indicators of liver difficulty>

ie

Quote:
Tell your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms of liver damage: severe nausea, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, stomach pain, extreme fatigue.
side effects for Atarin, which is a migraine med
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 04:17 pm
Bear,

The brown urine is often caused by a sudden increase in the production of bilirubin and the liver, for whatever reason, not being able to handle the bilirubin. Bilirubin is what gives stools their brown color and if the liver can't process the bilirubin, it comes out as brown urine.

What are you talking for pain med for your headache? If it is any type of Tylenol (acetominiphen) product, you might be complicating the liver involvement. Tylenol induced liver toxicity is quite common.

Another common cause is clogged bile ducts from gallstones. I remember from your other thread that you were dealing with gallstones. Was your gallbladder removed? If you have clogged bile ducts the flow of bile and bilirubin stops and exits through the urine.

One cause which is urgent - do not wait until Monday - is if you are hemolyzing or if there is heavy internal bleeding. Your system tries to cleanse itself and sends the hemoglobin/bilirubin out through the kidneys. Do you have tenderness elsewhere?

Are you itchy? And, how are your ankles? Itchy skin and swollen ankles are secondary symptoms of liver disease.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 04:55 pm
jeez, I think Im getting all these symptoms. I just checked in to wish Himself well, but now your cyber-medications are makin me paranoid.
Its like doin some really strong weed. Bear, jus keep flushin the ole radiator and keep your docs appointment.

I once went into the er when I was havin an alcohol related panic attack (when ya come to, ) and I didnt check in with my primary physician. I got fiscally raped and learned that alcohol in excess is bad for you and can make you believe you are having a heart attack. All that only cost me like 1200 bucks.

They call me Dr Wadz.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:12 pm
Poor Bear!

I won't add to the plethora of medical advice - but I AM thinking and worrying about you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:21 pm
I am sooo weak and such gas distress... glad I still have pain meds and sleep meds...it's the doc in the am and I'm going to ask him to run a gi series.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:46 pm
what pain meds are you on?
tramadol? ambien as well i suspect...?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 07:15 pm
I thought I [posted here earlier today, but it seems to have disappeared. Bear, darling Bear. You should call your dr. Short of that can't you call a nurse line for advice? Many hospitals have a free nurse line. Please call someone!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 07:40 pm
ambien for sleep shewolfn although I try not to use it unless I absolutely have to...oxycodone for pain

Swimpy 12 hours from now I'll be heading to the doc.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 08:24 pm
Like the rabbit - no advice, but lots of worrying.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 09:41 pm
Add me to the worried list. Keep drinking water and have a (hopefully) restful night, Bear.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 10:31 pm
Sweet dreams, Bear.

<fidgeting>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:41 am
Today is Doctor Day--you swore mighty oaths it would be Doctor Day.

Please keep us posted.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:41 am
So I call the doc this morning to confirm my appointment time and dead from the neck up who answers the phone tells me I don't have an appointment today and she is sticking by it by God.

After the third or fourth time in as many minutes she informed me that my last appointment was July 25 I lost patience and informed her that I KNEW when my last f**king appointment was, that I needed my appointment today. I explained to her that I had been sick all weekend and the only reason I didn't go to the ER was because I knew I had an appointment today, to which she replied, I swear, your last appointment was July 25.

Healthcare and education. Teachers and care givers, genuinely caring people mid level administrators and people working the front, too dumb for Burger King. @#$%^&*!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:43 am
Did you ever get an appointment? Are you going to the ER?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:46 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
ambien for sleep shewolfn although I try not to use it unless I absolutely have to...oxycodone for pain

hopefully , this morning you are at the doctor and unable to read this but --

With this medicine combination you may have a rainbow of urine color.
You have said before that you are not drinking alot. Thick brownish color urine is a sign of dehydration . This would my my first guess.
Second- heavy pain meds can also cause your kidneys to sort of ' back up' an not flush or produce urine properly. Another possible reason for color in your urine.
If this issue isnt addressed with your doctor, I would suggest an experiment of sorts..
TONS OF WATER.. did you hearm me ? ;-) TONS OF WATER
for 2 days. More water then you have had. If you have any intake restrictions obey those by all means.
If not, drink 4 glasses of water a day. Space them out by 3 hours.
The following day you wil still have a dark color to your urine.. Do the same thing the next day and you should see and feel a diffrence.

I suggest this because if it were kidney problems, you would feel it. No questions about that! You have not said that it HURTS.. just that it is colored. Brown urine + no pain = DEHYDRATION. If it were not for the pain meds, I wouldnt say that. But in yor case, drink! DRINK DRINK!

no.. get off yer bare ass and get some water.. ;-)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:50 am
I have, in all seriousness, maybe a half a dozen glasses of water per year.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:52 am
I've been drinking water by the gallon and my urine has calmed down.

My nurse called me back and told me she didn't know what the problem was up front, but they had me down for my appointment.

I do feel a bit better today, but I need to find out if this was a little flu thing or if I am having complications, because missing work is starting to effect our family in an adverse financial way. Somethings got to give here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:02 am
flu??????

i need to back up a few pages in this thread i think Shocked
i missed that..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 05:19:58