What?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:53 am
Bear
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
rescheduled until Tuesday...then with pa....doc unavailable

TIME TO REVOLT!

This is unacceptable. A physician assistant is not the person you need to see.

Limits on scope of care allowed by physician assistants:

http://www.jaapa.com/issues/j20050701/articles/comp0705.htm
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:10 am
GODDAMNIT, BEAR, GET THEE TO A HEALERY!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:16 am
Bear- Do Not Wait- Go to another doctor..........today!!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:55 am
Ill try not to rant but Im tending to agree, especially if the phrase " depraved Physician indifference" can be snuk into your discussion with the MD.
The continual pain is a concern and it could be a signal that something needs attention now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:36 pm
Bear--

Whatever we say, you're going to navigate by your own compass.

Have you considered going into the office and doing a small Sit Down until the doctor can squeeze you in?

Best of luck.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 12:45 pm
Oh, I'm quite sure he's going to navigate by his own compass, Noddy (when hasn't he?)...but...

THAT'S NOT GONNA KEEP US FROM YELLING AT HIM!!!

CALL YOUR REGULAR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM THIS OTHER BUNCH IS PUTTING YOU OFF AND YOU CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER, YOU'RE IN SEVERE PAIN!!! CALL NOW!!! OR HAVE SQUINNEY CALL THEM!!!

Don't make me call you, Bear. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:28 pm
He Bear do I have to come out there?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:38 pm
if the pain is severe, gather any and all doctor notes, bills, records, and discharge papers and head to the ER.
Present this info so the attending physician can see this has been going on for a while, can track what has been done and has all important contact info to YOUR treating physician and go from there.

frankly.. **** credit at this point.
SO what . It will take almost a year to effect your credit and if you send in a small check eachmonth after the service of even 3 lousy dollars, they can not scar your credit due to " payment arrangements pending"

if it isnt that severe, and you are not scared about it, call your local ER and see if there is a question hotline you can use. 9 times out of 10 ER's and hospital staff will sit down with you and do their best to answer questions about health issues and concerns. If you are lucky and get someone who knows exactly the procedure you have gone through , they can tell you wether it is worth it to come to the ER or ok to wait for your doctor.

Use the internet for state run hotlines as well.
There are people you can run your health questions by for FREE... you just have to find them.

but if this is scaring you, please dont let money stop you. You dont HAVE to pay to walk into the ER and you have 7 years to pay it ' off' if you are able to.
If you are not able to, let them counter act with a smaller amount before you pay. There are ways around the money situation. Please dont wait until you have no choice to go to the er because you are passed out from pain or worse if you think this is an emergency...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:46 pm
thanks for the tips. I am looking into alternative payment rrangements now.

btw, I was dishcharged July 13 abnd I'm already getting dunning phone calls night and day from medical debtors. They don't f*ck around. not as bad as it will be yet, but they're starting to roll in regular like.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:49 pm
Bear we need to talk about a strategy on handling these bill collectors - until you can get a financial plan - buy time and stay out of hotwater until you decide what you are going to do. Really don't make them the enemy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:58 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
thanks for the tips. I am looking into alternative payment rrangements now.

btw, I was dishcharged July 13 abnd I'm already getting dunning phone calls night and day from medical debtors. They don't f*ck around. not as bad as it will be yet, but they're starting to roll in regular like.

noone will tell you the couple of dollars a month trick. ;-)
I have warded off almost 100,000 in hospital bills doing that.
They want some sort of payment.. then give them that " sort" of payment you can afford.

30 days is all they need to start arranging or HARASSING i should say, a payment plan out of you.
Do you have 5 bucks?
Send it to them right now if you do.
Dont asnwer their calls and next month, do the same thing.
Acknowledge you owe, give what you can and they can not slash you apart.
The only bills this doesnt work on of course are credit bills. house, car, crecit cards >sigh<
i wish it did. Laughing
Have squinney call the hospital you were treated at and see if she can submit your info for a charity donation? Again, most hospitals will not tell you that this is an option but it is. See if you qualify for their own ' health insurance' ..
<sigh> money bites the big one. Even when you do have it, it is never enough.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:59 pm
It might even be prudent to consult an attorney--one that doesn't charge unless he collects? Unacceptable symptoms and a health care provider that apparently is disiniterested has at least the suggestion of malpractice.

I haven't had to do that, but working on the other end I can assure you they do pay attention to a thoughtfully worded letter from an attorney threatening lawsuit.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:43 pm
Oh, for Goodness' Sake!!!!

I can't Believe it!

Bear, do you think your pain is related to your diet at all? Or is it the same no matter what you eat?

Shewolf has great advice. I'd get help now, and worry about money later.

If it's any comfort, here's my story about doctors: when I was in my early 20's I was told I had incurable Heart Disease and had 6 months, probably less, to live (I'm 43 now with nary a murmur). This advice was from 2 different doctors.

At the time I called my mom & she admitted I had a heart defect, and she was advised not to tell me about it since worry would not help. "Enlargement of the Pulmonary Valve" is what I have. I am perfectly healthy today, more than 20 years later.

My point: some doctors graduated at the bottom of their class. Some doctors no longer care about their patients as human beings.

Get thee a different doctor, please, like NOW, and bring all your records. I like people who are fresh out of Med School... like most newbies, they try harder.

<Grumble, grumble...>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:30 pm
Sharp post, shewolf.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:54 pm
Oh fer cryin gout loud! Maybe we could all head down and do a sit-down strike at the fjckers' offices.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:19 pm
A PA? Jesuschristbanannas, I'm sure glad to see they are taking this seriously.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 05:27 pm
Hey Bear
Hey Bear, any news?

BBB
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:32 pm
Today I talked with a friend who had an emergency gall bladder operation a year and a half ago. She said her surgeon said that her post op pain was due in part to the number of nerves that are severed in an abdominal operation.

Like an amputee having phantom pain in the missing limb, you may be having phantom pain from nerves that are no longer connected to their original receptors.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:18:28