Unable to join groups with new business page

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:10 pm
I just created a business page for a book I wrote, and am having no luck at all joining groups as the new page. Never once have I gotten the option pop up that asks which I would like to join with, my profile or my page. I even used ones that I know for certain have the option to join as a page. I have been trying to figure this out for over a week and have found nothing either through Google or the Facebook Help Center. I am going nuts over here, and any insight you could provide would really be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 787 • Replies: 7
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:21 pm
@Dragonbear,
Whatever groups you're trying to join with this new business page are likely preventing your joining out of fear of potentially spamming the group. It would be their choice (in their group settings to prevent such group admissions).
Dragonbear

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yes, I understand that many groups do not allow pages to join. I am referring to the sample groups that I KNOW allow pages to register. I still do not get the pop up asking if I would like to join as page or personal account. That option never appears for me.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:40 pm
@Dragonbear,
Then good question. You might want to add tags like Facebook, social media, etc... to this thread. To help gain attention from someone who might know the topic better.
Dragonbear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2022 04:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's a good idea. Thanks for trying to help Smile
0 Replies

Dragonbear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2022 04:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
#Facebook, #Facebookgroups, Facebookbusinesspage, #socialmedia
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2022 04:17 pm
@Dragonbear,

what he means is scroll up to the top of this page and click Add Tags --

....... https://iili.io/4CPIYN.jpg
i don't think it will let you use "#"... nor is it necessary here...

Dragonbear

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2022 04:55 pm
@Region Philbis,
Ohhhhh lol, thanks Smile
0 Replies