Lovatts Colossus No.99 Stinker & BAFFLER

Vonda1941

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 02:06 am
Hi Sue,
According to the pink print out Lovatts sent me when I subscribed for a year of Colossus, BIG 151 went on sale on Thursday 25th Aug, and my friend who subscribes to BIG got her issue several days before that. I'm wondering what course you are doing at TAFE. Smile
0 Replies

Shekeda

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:02 am
Vonda1941 wrote:
Hi Sue,
According to the pink print out Lovatts sent me when I subscribed for a year of Colossus, BIG 151 went on sale on Thursday 25th Aug, and my friend who subscribes to BIG got her issue several days before that. I'm wondering what course you are doing at TAFE. Smile

Hi Vonda,

First of all, I didn't win anything Sad and it wasn't even whatever it was I ordered with my "My Chemist" points. It was my quarterly FOTZ (Friends Of The Zoos) newsletter - they'd actually taken notice of the 'DO NOT BEND' printed in huge letters on the A4 envelope, for about the 3rd time in 15 years! Smile

Yes, every Lovatts publication (with, seemingly, a couple of exceptions this year) is due out on a Thursday but for the last couple of years they've appeared in shops the day before (at least here in Melb). I'll be able to get Big later today. I wondered if subscribers got theirs earlier. I used to subscribe to Time and it arrived a couple of days after it hit the streets.

My TAFE course is Certificate II in Business (Office Administration). I'm doing it at NMIT (not to be confused with RMIT) which is the Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE, at the Preston campus (I live in Fitzroy). I take print-outs of the Conceptis free weekly pencil puzzles to do in lunch breaks and on the train or tram.
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:35 pm
I am an old Melbournian. Wouldn't mind chatting about the old place. If you would like to contact me outside of here, you can email me: [email protected]
I live in Parkes NSW
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:01 pm
Hello, i've just become a member of A2K after finding this site while tracking down answers for some Lovatts crosswords. I am wondering if anyone may be able to help me wth a clue i am stuck on in the colossus stinker 99-
18A. adult education group (1,1,1)
i have w?a
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thankyou, Butterfly.
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:07 pm
My friends and I are going with WEA.
Can't remember what WEA stands for at the moment, but I would recommend that you check out the website: www.wea-sa.com.au for your own satisfaction. Someone suggested WTA but I am dubious about that. I am putting my money on WEA. Fingers are crossed.
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 11:15 pm
Vonda1941 wrote:
My friends and I are going with WEA.
Can't remember what WEA stands for at the moment, but I would recommend that you check out the website: www.wea-sa.com.au for your own satisfaction. Someone suggested WTA but I am dubious about that. I am putting my money on WEA. Fingers are crossed.
Hi Vonda, thankyou for your reply. I checked out the website that you gave me and also googled WEA (workers educational association), to see what else i could find on it. I came across a website www.wea.org.uk, which says it is the UK's largest voluntary provider of adult learning. Another website mentioned the WEA in New Zealand, and that it was first established in England.
Thankyou for your help, it was greatly appreciated!
Butterfly
0 Replies

jus m e 2003

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 07:53 pm
lovatt's baffler 99
Hi. lookinf answer too 171 across lingering. i have dreiling but don't know if this is right. Ade
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2005 09:08 pm
can you please be more specific? Which Xword are you working on? 171A? I only have the Colossus 99 and 100 at the moment. You need to let us know what magazine you are working on. But at a guess I would go for DWELLING as the answer to your question for LINGERING. I sure hope this helps.
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2005 05:07 am
Hi Jus, in the colossus no. 99 'stinker',
clue 219 down is: lingering
the answer is definitely: dwelling
You must have gotten your clue numbers mixed up!
hope this helps, good luck!
butterfly Very Happy
0 Replies