Facebook marketplace Buyer message say if you respond they may contact you.

bha19

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 05:41 am
Usually when I sell on Facebook and get a message from a buyer it is just their message, but yesterday I got a message but included in the massage (is it still available) it stated that if you respond this buyer may call you. I quickly deleted the conversation. Was I right in thinking this was a scammer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 751 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 11:04 am
@bha19,
I am not a Facebook person soo..... the phone is INFINITY TIMES BETTER. You get things done. I was looking on Craigslist and tried to talk with them one-time. The person on the phone one time clearly was a scammer, and pretended to be somebodies secretary. Point being is the phone is a lot better then actually using email. I got more things done over the phone.

The problem with facebook is that their idea of being open in communications. Making it look like a phone call is not such a big deal.

Because of this pattern even Ebay, will give your contact information to people. That buyer/seller might choose to call you.

Again same thing with Craigslist. Usually phone numbers is the better way to contact people rather then E-mail. E-mail I get bs especially from middle-men ( people ) .

Is that a scammer? No I prefer the phone nowadays because email gets me nowhere to be honest and your phone could leave a paper-trail mush more accurate.

Just be aware of the location and the number they are using.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 01:06 pm
@bha19,
I think it's much safer to treat those odd msgs as if they are a scam, it's better to avoid any unnecessary risks.
0 Replies