If You're Having A Bad Day -- Just Think About Larry

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:43 am
I heard this true story on the radio.

Seems there was this guy named Larry, over in England. He was waiting in line at the drug store to buy a lotto ticket for the Euro lottery game (which is like the Powerball games we have here in the States). The jackpot was worth 130 million dollars (in US money).

A good looking woman walks into the store, and gets in line behind him. Larry decided he'd like to pick her up. So he says, "want to go ahead of me?," and offers to let her step ahead of him in line.

"Thanks," says the good looking woman, taking him up on it. She steps ahead of him. (You know what's going to happen...don't you?)

Good Looking Woman then steps up to the cashier and buys a random lotto ticket (for those who don't play lotto, this means the computer chooses your numbers for you). She then leaves the store.

Aww. Larry didn't get to pick her up. (But he'll get to see her again.) He then steps up to the cashier, buys his own random ticket and exits the store too (probably hoping to catch up with Good Looking Woman).

The next night, Larry's watching telly when....Look!! It's Good Looking Woman!! What's she doing on the telly?

She's on TV because she just won the 130 million dollar jackpot -- with the random lotto ticket that would have been Larry's -- if he hadn't let her step in line ahead of him.

Moral of the story: Never let anyone ahead of you in line when you're buying your lotto ticket.

And -- if you're ever having a bad day -- just think about poor ol' Larry. Coz' you know he's going to be kicking himself every single day, for the rest of his life.

Poor Larry!

Good Looking Woman (with English accent):

Thanks, ever so, Larry! Looks like you're left with nothing. Pity. Well, I'm off now to enjoy my wealthy, wonderful new life. Ta, ta!
(drives off in expensive new sports car)...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 589 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:59 am
No good deed goes unpunished....
0 Replies