What do you think about Ukraine?

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 02:55 am
Hi all. I am from Ukraine and I would like to know how you feel about my country. It is very important for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 614 • Replies: 14
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 03:46 am
@Cybermonster,
Most people in the West are very supportive of Ukraine, but there are some lowlife Trump supporting scum who are spreading pro Russian propaganda.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 07:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Most people in the West are very supportive of Ukraine, but there are some lowlife Trump supporting scum who are spreading pro Russian propaganda.

Disagree - even those that may have supported Trump are supportive of Ukraine - I know people on both sides of the political spectrum in the US and I know of no one that is pro Russia.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 07:54 am
@Linkat,
Also, that being said, I am in the US and personally I wish there were more I could personally do for you all - but let it be known there have been many demonstrations showing support for your country - we are a mixed bag of backgrounds here and most of us know someone from the Ukraine or some one who has family there. So we have been supportive emotionally and financially - I hope you all can feel it there and hope that you receive resources from us all.

But going back to what Izzy said - there are always people on the very extreme side of things - fortunately I have seen little of it and hope that is a result of there being very few that feel the way Izzy is stating. He is not here in the US so he does not see it first hand; more than likely just seeing the worst of it as unfortunately media will try to sell the extreme side of things.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 08:24 am
@Linkat,
JB70 and THEO202 are two posters here on Able2Know spreading pro Putin propaganda.

Then there's Bulmabriefs and Builder who are both talking down Ukraine.

You can disagree as much as you want, but that is happening here and now, right under your nose.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 10:08 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

JB70 and THEO202 are two posters here on Able2Know spreading pro Putin propaganda.

Then there's Bulmabriefs and Builder who are both talking down Ukraine.

You can disagree as much as you want, but that is happening here and now, right under your nose.

Ok four random people on A2K verses an entire nation - or even culling it down to say a political party.

Do you even know where they are from? Or if they are doing this simply to cause a rise in people?

I did say there are extremist everywhere.

The important thing is that the majority of people I have experienced support the people of Ukraine and condemn the actions of the Russian government.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 10:47 am
@Linkat,
You have a TV station, Fox News, broadcasting Russian propaganda.

I will take what you say on the matter with a pinch of salt.

You were very quick to run to the defence of Trump supporters, very quick indeed.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 01:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You have a TV station, Fox News, broadcasting Russian propaganda.

I will take what you say on the matter with a pinch of salt.

You were very quick to run to the defence of Trump supporters, very quick indeed.

I don't watch fox or this so called propaganda - I also do not know these posters you reference because I am likely avoiding subject matter that they post - makes me curious why you seem to know so much about it....

I am not defending anyone in particular - but as I said I know people personally on all sides of the spectrum politically, but none support Russia invading Ukraine. I know a Trump supporter that works with my husband who is Ukraine pulling together financial support to send to his country; I have a childhood friend's whose family is close with another Ukraine family (who is steadfastly a Biden supporter) also requesting financial support. This goes beyond pollical parties is more around being a good and caring human being and that was what I was getting at. This is not about any media outlet.

- this poor individual is going through a lot in their country - and I feel we should be supportive of them rather than be negative - I am sorry this happening to you and your country and it does not matter who I am or where I am from...it is wrong and we are behind you. And all I have seen first hand is positive support for your country.

Any negatives are few and far between - I am sorry that I got it into with another individual I just want you to know you are being supported.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 02:01 pm
All the people I know regardless of ideology support Ukraine. There is a house flying a Ukrainian flag in my neighborhood, no idea where they got it.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 03:27 pm
@engineer,

you can get a nice one on amazon for 10 bucks...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 03:51 pm
I was warning the OP of what she may expect on A2K, there are some pro Putin types here.

I wasn't talking about America, I don't know anything about America.

Sorry.
Mame

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't know anything about America.

You actually know quite a lot about America - you refer to their bullying and interfering ways (the governments, not the people) all the time.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2022 11:52 pm
@Mame,
Knowing about American foreign policy doesn't mean I know what's going on inside America at this time.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 1 May, 2022 02:30 pm
That Ukraine is taking this to a draw if not actually win.
0 Replies

SuperCell

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2022 11:24 am
@Cybermonster,
I'm a Dutch guy and a fervent supporter of Ukraine especially since your country has now been given EU Candidate Status.

But I think it's time the US, UK and the EU stops pussy-footing around. Ukraine has to go on the offensive and target Russia and Belarus from where these missiles are being launched from and we have to support that and accept the consequences. This war has gone on far too long already with hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, children being killed or maimed. How can we think it's enough to send just to send weapons to Ukraine, but to tell you you're not allowed to use them to attack the country which is committing genocide against you. It's bloody ridiculuous.

The US especially has to do much more and now because come 2024 when - and I say WHEN not if - Trump gets back into power the first thing he's going to do is to cut off arms supply to Ukraine and all because Zelensky didn't dig up dirt on his son, Hunter Biden so that he could overturn the 2021 election. That's the kind of guy he is. Biden has to start supplying heavy weapons now and in quantity and encourage them to be used over Ukraine's borders. Russia needs to get a taste of it's own medicine if there's going to be any chance at all of unseating Putin from power in the short term.

Will that risk nuclear war? Possibly, but Putin knows that if he's crazy enough to launch a nuke NATO will retaliate in kind and it'll be Russia that gets wiped off the map, not the West. There's already the danger of Putin occupying the Suwalki Gap because Lithuania has refused to allow sanctioned goods to transit through its country to Kalingrad. NATO will definitely get involved if that happens.

In any event you have many friends all around the world and support for Ukraine is rock solid. Slava Ukrayini!
0 Replies