For a link in a Facebook post, can I somehow preview an image other than what comes from the OG tags

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 11:49 pm
So in a post on my Page, I want to link to a Google calendar, and rather than just getting a generic preview I'd like to have a monthly view of that Google Calendar. In my dreams that would be an image of the current month for that calendar, but more realistically I'd like to just link to some URL that will redirect to the calendar while also somehow presenting an og:image I provide, of a generic month on that calendar.

So, is there a shortened-URL service that will let me attach an og:image to the shortened URL? Or can I link from Facebook to a redirected URL in my own domain that offers an og:image? If I can't attach an og:image to a redirect, could I link to a "page" on my site that would offer that og:image and just immediately redirect to the Google Calendar?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 999 • Replies: 0
No top replies