The timestamps on messenger are wrong, off by hours.

Ket

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2022 01:04 pm
Hi,
The timestamps on messenger in firefox, on my windows 10 pc are off by three hours and are different than the ones on the messenger app on my android 11 phone, which shows the correct ones .

The time of my computer is set correctly and I tried deleting the cache and cookies from my browser (firefox latest), but timestamps are still wrong. Is there a way to fix this? Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,319 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2022 04:48 pm
@Ket,
No help from me. I notice that many of my emails (through yahoo) are also off by a similar amount.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2022 07:56 pm
@Ket,
So much of the net operates from varying time zones, it doesn't surprise me.
engineer

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2022 08:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Check the timezone settings on your apps.
Ket

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 11:03 am
@engineer,
Timezones on my phone are all correct and set to automatic. Thing is that on my phone so far the timestamps are correct. The problem is with messenger on firefox on my pc, where time also is correct.

I'd like to mention how surprised I am that there is no way to ask someone from fb itself to help me with this. Also in reddit, under facebook category whenever I start a thread with any issue I face. they always remove it with a generic explanation (sort title or something like this). And I am always polite and obviously I know how to start a thread properly. They don't care, right?
roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 12:04 pm
@Ket,
Ket wrote:

They don't care, right?

From everything I've heard, you are right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 02:43 pm
@Ket,
Why is it important?
Ket

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2022 03:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
If you mean why is it important to have correct timestamps, it is only because I would like to know around what time a message has been sent to me. Sometimes it is essential.
0 Replies