Stupid Americans? A great war is coming?

russian

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
Has anybody heard such information?

http://www.interlingvo.com/ru/viewtopic.php?t=218

Frankly speaking, I even didn't think that it is possible in the 21 century. It seems that it is profitable for somebody to have ignorant and consequently obedient and trustful nation. If it is true, than it is obvious that the USA is preparing for a great war.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,591 • Replies: 23
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 10:56 am
I might be willing to respond to the topic, but as i don't read Russian, i am unable to form an opinion on comments which i cannot read.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:57 pm
Setanta wrote:
I might be willing to respond to the topic, but as i don't read Russian, i am unable to form an opinion on comments which i cannot read.

details, details...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:24 pm
What he say?
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 06:07 pm
If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a link to an English translation of the page.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:03 pm
At this point, with no elucidation from the author of the thread, my feeling is "Why bother?"
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:33 pm
I've cut and pasted the text from the link:

"Twenty percent of Americans think the sun orbits the earth. Seventeen percent believe the earth revolves around the sun once a day (The Week, Jan. 7, 2005).

The United States is 49th in the world in literacy (the New York Times, Dec. 12, 2004).

Americans are now spending more money on gambling than on movies, videos, DVDs, music, and books combined" (The European Dream, p.2.)"

I don't know about these items, but I'll add one of my own that's even scarier: Last election, 95%+ of those who voted cast their ballots for either Bush or Kerry. That's absolutely terrifying to me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:35 pm
Jim wrote:
I don't know about these items, but I'll add one of my own that's even scarier: Last election, 95%+ of those who voted cast their ballots for either Bush or Kerry. That's absolutely terrifying to me.

A point well-taken . . . scarey indeed . . .
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:32 am
Well I certainly can't defend our record here in America when it comes to education and bad decision making, but my experience of life in Russia wasn't much better. The amount of alcoholism and romantic longings for facism shocked me. I was not at all surprised when Putin was secured back into office. The Russians seem happy to have their police state, as long as no one takes away their vodka and cigarettes.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:38 am
Green Witch wrote:
Well I certainly can't defend our record here in America when it comes to education and bad decision making, but my experience of life in Russia wasn't much better. The amount of alcoholism and romantic longings for facism shocked me. I was not at all surprised when Putin was secured back into office. The Russians seem happy to have their police state, as long as no one takes away their vodka and cigarettes.

Or their Victory gin and Victory cigarettes.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:00 am
goodfielder wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Or their Victory gin and Victory cigarettes.

unauthorized statement alert...unauthorized statement alert...

double plus ungood...repeat, double plus ungood
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:19 am
Well, pilgrim, here in the US we want our Kentucky Bourbon, Marlboros and all the clip-loaded handguns we can carry.

Yes, all the world is alike.

J
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:35 am
Well, i got my red neck, my white socks and my bluuuueeee ribbon beer . . .
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:48 am
Setanta wrote:
Well, i got my red neck, my white socks and my bluuuueeee ribbon beer . . .

hotdamn, boy !!

"way-yulllll, it's cryun tahm agin..."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 11:47 am
Come on Wall Street
Don't be slow
Now's the time for War-a-go-go
There's plenty a good money
To be made
Supplyin' the army
With the tools of their trade
And we know that peace
Can only be won
When we blow 'em all to Kingdom Come ! ! !
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
the brown acid is not particularly good...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 12:04 pm
If you're too tired to chew--pass it on . . .
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 05:58 pm
goo-goo ga joob !
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 06:26 pm
No comprendo Russo (Russian),Senor.War,perpetual war.An American fettish.We all know how addiction ends.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:22 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Well, pilgrim, here in the US we want our Kentucky Bourbon, Marlboros and all the clip-loaded handguns we can carry.

Yes, all the world is alike.

J

Well, alright. Joe is one of us, after all. Only real affectionados call a magazine a clip. For the wannabees, the clip goes into the handle, and the whole thing is called a automatic.
0 Replies