nimh

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:47 am
I just discovered it, Googling for pictures of Viennese cafes I like ... this is my style of blog:

http://bureau.comandantina.com/archivos/ixugraphie/index.php

Not sure whether this should go in General, Art or Travel & Culture. Dont know how to describe it really, either. (Feel free to take a shot.)

Its almost as brilliant as the "Boring Postcards" books.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 9
No top replies

kitchenpete

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:28 am
Excellent - well found, nimh

Interesting piercing blog there too!

KP
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:06 am
What does this say?

Quote:
Statt neun gibt es nur mehr acht Apostel in Australien.

Einer der weltberühmten, Neun Apostel genannten Sandsteinfelsen vor der Südostküste Australiens - der zweite in der Gruppe - zerbrach am Sonntag vor den Augen erstaunter Zuschauer.

Ein 15jähriger aus Sidney, auf Urlaub mit seinen Eltern, schoss die beiden Bilder um 9h 18 und 9h 19 lokaler Zeit.

"Die Basis der Felsformation zitterte und bebte" erinnert sich die Mutter, "und dann, ganz plötzlich, fiel das Ding in sich zusammen, wie ein altes Hochhaus, das gesprengt wird."

6000 Jahre, schätzen Wissenschafter, dürfte das Meer gebraucht haben, um die Felsen aus der Steilküste zu isolieren, 6 Sekunden genügten, um den mützenförmigen Steinkoloss einzuebnen.

Vorschläge, wie der gefallene Apostel genannt werden sollte, gibt es auch schon. Eine Fraktion nennt das Häufchen Sandsteinelend schon "Judas", während eine zweite sich dafür stark macht, den umgefallenen Fels "Petrus" zu nennen.

It is from the Sh!t Happens section.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:02 pm
Damn, I wish I could read that language!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:05 am
OK - here you go:

"Instead of 9, there are now only 8 Apostles.

One of the world famous sandstone "Nine Apostles" of the South East coast of Australia, the second in the group, collapsed on Sunday before the eyes of astonished onlookers.

A 15 year old from Sydney, on holiday with his parents, shot the two phots at 9:18 and 9:19, local time.

'The base of the rock formation trembled and shook' his mother recalled "and then, quite suddenly, the thing collapsed back in on itself, like and old skycraper being blown up'.

Scientists estimate that it must have taken the sea 6,000 years to isolate the rocks from the stone coast. 6 seconds were enough to level the cap-like form of the stone colossus.

There are already suggestions for what the fallen apostle should be called. Some already call the pile of sandstone 'Judas', while others feel strongly that the fallen rock should be called 'Petrus'."

So, lil'k - now you can read that language...with a little help from your friends.

KP
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:09 am
I like meeting my friends on the site -

How are you KP?

or

Comment ça va, Pierre de la Cuisine?
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:28 am
Ca va bien, merci, Francis.

Oui, je parle les deux langues de l'Europe ancienne!

Et toi - est ce qu'il pleut a Paris aujhourd'hui, comme Londres. Gris et mouille...ce qu'on appelle "ete"!!!

Quand meme, il nous faut celebrer que la semaine est presque finie!

A+

P de la C
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:37 am
What an odd collection of shops and long shots. Thanks Nimh
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 03:47 am
Il ne pleut pas à Paris por le moment mais cela ne saurait tarder. C'est prévu, en tout cas!

Célébration partagée, KP!

A+.
F de P
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 08:28 am
Thanks for the translation KP.
0 Replies