He wants me to wait on him!

Snowed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:07 am
My husband is a deacon in our church. Last year we sold our current property with the hopes of purchasing a new location. The new owner of our old property let us stay rent free until this year when they finally asked us to leave so they could start doing some renovations. We are currently in a temporary location which is maybe one or two streets over from where we live. Maybe a 10 minute drive. Every Sunday morning my husband would go over tot he church and open the doors so they girl who does Sunday School can get in and set up. Only certain people have keys to the building. He would do that then come back home, get dressed, and then he and I would go to service together in one car. He was speaking to another guy at the church last night and the were discussing opening and locking up the church and he was telling my husband that he didn't think it was fair that he had to drive over to the church every sunday morning just to unlock the building so he wanted to come up with a schedule with the other brothers. His suggestion as far as opening the church was to just give the girl a key so she could go in herself and get set up for Sunday school. The guy then wanted to have a rotating schedule of guys to lock up the church once services were over. Typically after church people like to stand around and chat for a few minutes but that's not me. When service is done I'm ready to go. I suggested to my husband that on those Sundays we just take two cars to church so I can leave then he come home after locking up. He said that with gas prices being so high right now it makes no sense to drive two cars to the same place only to save about 15 or 20 minutes of waiting around till he locked up the church. His suggestion was for me to just go to the car and wait. I would rather not. When service is over I'm ready to go. Would you want to wait around for someone to lock up a place before you can leave? He tells me all the time that I always have to do things my way and sometimes it's for the greater good to be more efficient than just "because this is what I want to do".

Am I wrong here?

Mame

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:14 am
Why even ask him? Just take your own car. Doesn't matter why you don't want to wait. What if it's not 15 or 20 minutes - what if it's 25 - 30? Why do you need his permission? Why is this even a conversation? Just say, I'm driving there today, so I'll see you there.

I don't think a 10 min ride to church is going to use that much gas. Get a backbone and just take your own car.
Snowed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:36 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Why even ask him? Just take your own car. Doesn't matter why you don't want to wait. What if it's not 15 or 20 minutes - what if it's 25 - 30? Why do you need his permission? Why is this even a conversation? Just say, I'm driving there today, so I'll see you there.

I don't think a 10 min ride to church is going to use that much gas. Get a backbone and just take your own car.

Because he said even if it is only 15 minutes or even 30 minutes that still doesn't justify driving 2 cars to the same place.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:42 am
@Mame,
That’s what I would do. Drive my self. You know when my husband and I we’re going to the gym we would always take separate cars because either he or I would work out a little longer and one of us would have to wait.

The heck with that, I’ll leave when I’m ready and in my own car.
Mame

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 11:53 am
@jcboy,
My husband and I often take our own cars when we go out to listen to music because he wants to stay until the bitter end and I certainly don't Smile

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 01:12 pm
Have you two met?
https://able2know.org/user/barry2021/
izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 01:16 pm
He doesn't want you to wait on him, he wants you to wait for him.

There is quite a significant difference.
Snowed

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He doesn't want you to wait on him, he wants you to wait for him.

There is quite a significant difference.

Meaning? Either way I'm having to wait.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 02:05 pm
@Snowed,
Meaning to wait on hand and foot, fetch and carry like a servant as opposed to waiting in a car for someone.

This is basic stuff.
Mame

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 02:15 pm
@Snowed,
Why are you having to wait? What's it to him if you take your car? You could always say you have somewhere to go after church.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 02:16 pm
@jespah,
They're married.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 02:18 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Can you imagine what the posts would be like if they were a two-some?
Mame

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 02:25 pm
@glitterbag,
I thought they were a twosome - haven't we established they're married? I thought we did so when they first started posting about the same family and issues.
Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 04:25 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I thought they were a twosome - haven't we established they're married? I thought we did so when they first started posting about the same family and issues.

yes that is my understanding these two are married
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2022 07:42 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

jespah wrote:

Can you imagine what the posts would be like if they were a two-some?

The joke would be if Barry and Snowed were married....the mini-bitch and moan sessions would be soul crushing (well, that's how I thought it was meant). I did think of Barry and his biological grandchild and teeshirts at birthday party while reading this woman's gripes.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:12 pm
Do what I do with my wife: when I'm done visiting, I leave on foot. If you're of a mind walk a road where he can pick you up. If you're like me, I choose a way she can't find.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2022 07:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Meaning to wait on hand and foot, fetch and carry like a servant as opposed to waiting in a car for someone.

This is basic stuff.

In certain regions of the US, like where I live, saying someone is "waiting on him/her/them/etc" is fairly common, and is taken to mean the same as "waiting for"
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 03:32 am
I don't talk to bigots. I love my children.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 07:55 am
@chai2,
Yes, for sure. "Waiting on" is common enough around here too, though I guess "wait on" would need more context, until you got used to it.

Re the op

If it's only ten or 15 minutes once in a while, I'd probably just wait for him in the car, unless I had other things to do.
Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 08:09 am
@Joeblow,
Agreed with Joe. I'd just bring my ereader and read my book.

I tend to carry that thing with me almost everywhere as I find myself waiting almost anywhere I go.

1. Forums
  2. » He wants me to wait on him!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:18:24