He wants me to wait on him!

engineer

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 10:42 am
@Snowed,
Let's say your time is worth $20/hr so it is worth $5 to wait for 15 minutes. If it costs less than $5 in gas, just drive separately. If it is more, bring a book.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't talk to bigots. I love my children.

Oh dear.
I suppose I'm going to have to yet again supply the link to the page where I expose your insane thought process, and lies.

https://able2know.org/topic/141106-671

In any event, saying you're waiting on someone is acceptable
hightor

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 02:14 pm
@chai2,
A rare sighting of chai2! Very Happy
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2022 02:46 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I expose your insane thought process, and lies.

You have been away for some time. Quite a few people have posted about how they miss you, yet after a lengthy absence you try to start an argument with me.

Perfectly sane behaviour there, nothing remotely creepy or obsessive.
chai2

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 08:30 pm
@izzythepush,
I let you know that in some regions of the US saying waiting on someone is fine, and you call me a bigot. No argument from me and you immediately fall to insults.

Make of that what you will.

This, and goldman wanting to know if my deceased spouse was saved is why I chose not to post.

I see nothing has changed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2022 08:31 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

A rare sighting of chai2! Very Happy

Yeah and you won't see any more of me what with that asshole calling me a bigot.

What a ******* douchebag.

Goodbye
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't talk to bigots. I love my children.

What was that apropos of? Who were you responding to? It seemed to come out of left field.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 10:35 am
@Mame,
I thought he was referencing Barry (the church guy with the wife and stepson and brothers and biological grandchild who thwart him)
glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 10:47 am
I have alway suspected there really is no real Barry or Snowed. I think it's just one person who lives in a southern state who makes up all these 'dire' life situations just to see how much of a stir they can create. But, that's just my suspicion, who really knows?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 10:51 am
@glitterbag,
No it is an old feud between Izzy his kids and chai. Izzy took some of what chai said as being against the LGBT community where from my perspective she did not fully know all the family dynamics and there was no bigot meaning behind it. Izzy understandably is very sensitive to these issues and he,and his family ganged up on chai and said some very hateful and insensitive things.

That at least it from my perspective.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 10:53 am
@Linkat,
Do you think Barry and Snowed are real people?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 11:16 am
@Linkat,
And has your perspective seen that Chai always initiates conversation with me. I have made it very clear that I want to have nothing to do with her yet she keeps at me.

What she said about my children was disgusting. As for ganging up, are you aware of how many trans people are killed and driven to suicide by the likes of Chai.

It's a **** ton, she knew all about by family which is why she attacked my children.

I want to have nothing to do with her. She is a bigot.

Now she can stop talking to me and I will say no more, but if she keeps trying to get my attention I will respond accordingly.
Linkat

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2022 03:10 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Do you think Barry and Snowed are real people?

I am not sure ...if they are then I almost suspect that snowed is actually not barry's wife but Barry posing as his wife. Partly because she posts in a such a way that most people will think she is incorrect to support that Barry is right. But who knows there are unreasonable people that have a hard time seeing that.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 07:51 am
@izzythepush,
Izzy, from my perspective I have not seen Chai initiating conversation with you – at least in the past year – it looks like this is the first time she directly do this. Of course, I am not 100% sure but from looking back I have not seen this.

You are 100% correct in that the LBGT community have been significantly impacted by suicide and driven in large part due to the bias and cruelty of others. I have taken training on suicide prevention – although far from an expert, I am aware of how this community has been impacted by this. I remember an incident when I was younger leaving a company party with a friend late at night. There was a couple of jerky guys from the company we overheard saying such cruel and hateful things to a man that was by himself – not sure how this all came about but the man was gay and they were saying such cruel things to him with it ending just go kill yourself. My and I were so horrified. We went over to the man (we had some flowers from the party), gave them to him and tried to soften the blow, apologizing for these boneheads and telling him what a wonderful person he was and that these guys were simply idiots.

I waited to answer you because suicide is something I am very sensitive to (and I know you are as well). Anytime I hear of a person dying by suicide I cry. To think that someone feels so despondent that this is the only way to stop their internal pain rips me up inside. Not to mention I recently had a very close encounter with this – fortunately it was an unsuccessful attempt. I have not shared anything of this because of some people being so insensitive to the topic and where it has such a personal impact to me. As far as the lack of compassion on Chai’s side – I will give you a little insight that the last time I had any sort of correspondence with Chai, was when she belittled the idea of suicide – since then I just don’t say anything.

I do not know what you two and your children may have said to each other via personal messaging obviously as I have not read it so I can only go by what some of the threads I have read. Yes, Chai is often insensitive, yes she often is abrasive, but I do not see her being a bigot at least on the surface. I can see you reading between the lines and I can understand why you could see it that way. As any parent I fully understand you wanting to protect your children - I get it – you are supersensitive about this and I can understand why. I am probably not saying this is the best way – but I also see you being insensitive and cruel – and maybe I am missing something but from my perspective it seems that you and your family ganged up on her and were very cruel in area that is very sensitive to her – it appeared that you both have been mean to one another.

This is the last that I will say about it as I honestly do not want to be in the middle and I am sorry I brought it up as I was just trying to clear the air when someone did not realize who you were referring to as a bigot.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:12 am
@Linkat,
I don't want to involve anyone else.

I don't want to talk to Chai, if she doesn't directly approach me then I will not comment. I am not the one obsessing over this.

She has been away for about five months, people have missed her, they have said they want to talk to her, quite a lot of people.

She didn't talk to any of the people who would welcome her instead she spoke to me, the one person who has made it clear they don't want to talk to her.

BTW, one of the Kid's friends from Arizona took their life recently, so this is still very raw here.
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

BTW, one of the Kid's friends from Arizona took their life recently, so this is still very raw here.

I am so sorry to hear this - honestly I am. It rips into my heart to hear this.
0 Replies

Snowed

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:34 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Agreed with Joe. I'd just bring my ereader and read my book.

I tend to carry that thing with me almost everywhere as I find myself waiting almost anywhere I go.

My husband told me to just go to the car and play on my phone or better yet, Just say hello to someone you've not seen in a while or at least since the last Sunday. Have a casual conversation with someone. He said to go up to someone I know and just say hi. Or if there is a visitor that day just walk up to them and ask how they enjoyed the service. He's friendly like that, I'm not. We've been at this church some almost 4 years now and there's people I still can put names to faces. And no, we aren't in a mega church. It's just that when I'm ready to go I'm ready to go. And again, he said that with gas being so high right now it literally makes no sense to drive two cars to the same place.
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:44 am
@Snowed,
I get that...my husband is like that as well.he will chit chat for hours. I am not like that ...that is why I love my ereader he can go chit chat...I can pull out my ereader.

Makes both of us happy.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 08:45 am
@Snowed,
How far to you live from church? If it is 3 or 4 miles, the gas argument is really not valid since you are talking less than a dollar. If it is 15 miles, then he has a point. Another option would be for you to go for a 30-45 minute walk after church assuming the weather is nice. You get some exercise and enjoy a nice Sunday morning and your husband can socialize until you get back.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2022 07:10 pm
@Snowed,
You can remind him that he serves as a deacon; you serve as a nothing. He is double dipping, maybe. Meaning, you are his wife but not the church's wife. You could go to a different church if this argument went too far.

Lots of things not answered. How far is it home to church? What gas mileage do you get? Why can't you wait 20 minutes? Why aren't you compelled to support your husband's mission while getting no credit from the church?

Did he tell you why he is concerned about gas prices? Is the budget for your home extreme?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.4 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:20:36