Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

Francis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:43 am
They appear because they want me to teach them the song of happiness, so they can sing it...

<edited to replace learn by teach>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:46 am
Since we live on the ocean and also are surrounded by wilderness, I'd say it was for the food. A big seagull **** on my back last year when I was working in my garden. He/she got me good too.

Seagulls have big turds.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 05:47 am
I feed them too, so that might attract them as well :-D
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:50 am
To get my french fries...

True story.....I had just stopped at McDonalds while at an amusement park (yes, they had a McDonalds) to get a snack of french fries. My fries were fresh and hot and I was just about to dig in when from out of no where, this seagull swoops down, sticks his grody little feet in my fry container and snatches about half the fries before flying away to enjoy his prize. I was walking when it happened and he came up from behind me. It was horrifying.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:57 am
Because they nest in my hair.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:10 am
Bella Dea wrote:
To get my french fries...

True story.....I had just stopped at McDonalds while at an amusement park (yes, they had a McDonalds) to get a snack of french fries. My fries were fresh and hot and I was just about to dig in when from out of no where, this seagull swoops down, sticks his grody little feet in my fry container and snatches about half the fries before flying away to enjoy his prize. I was walking when it happened and he came up from behind me. It was horrifying.

Wow!!! That's amazing, Bella. That would have freaked me out as well Shocked
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:21 am
Bella Dea wrote:
this seagull swoops down, sticks his grody little feet in my fry container and snatches about half the fries before flying away to enjoy his prize.

Wow, thats something.

Cafe Ledig Erf in Utrecht is funny cause when you're out on the terrace and you ordered peanuts, you gotta take real good care of 'em, cause the pigeons will just fly up onto your table right in front of your nose (or behind your back) and start pecking away. The really spicy/hot ones too, they dont care.

But seagulls, now thats raising the bar.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 08:22 am
Laughing Nimh... Laughing

It was just awful! I threw the rest away, of course. Nasty little seagull toes in my food....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:15 am
BD wrote:
from out of no where, this seagull swoops down, sticks his grody little feet in my fry container and snatches about half the fries before flying away to enjoy his prize. I was walking when it happened and he came up from behind me. It was horrifying.

how do u know it was a he-gull?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:24 am
his toes werent the only thing dangling in her fries.. ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:26 am
Ok, maybe it was a shegull.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
are you sure it was a bird?

teeheehee
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:09 am
nimh wrote:
A pigeon once shat on my head ... nasty business. Do you think it did it on purpose? Perhaps she was not partial to men...

Birds hate me, especially seagulls.
I was getting out of a car once, both arms streched out, you know, one toward the door I was opening, the other pushing me out of the car. This f-ing seagull strafed me from the tip of one finger, to the tip of the other, including arms shoulders, head and part of my face. I wanted to turn myself inside out to get away from myself.

Once while fishing, the fish came to the surface and another f-ing seagull swooped it up and into the air. I fought with it for a while, but damn, they are strong! And nasty!

In the space of three days I was
1. Attacked by a starling (oh, you just got too close to its nest. Well why didn't it attack all the other people that just walked in the same place)?
2. Dive bombed by a crow or raven that swooped down off of a church.
3. Got to work, walked into the conference room, and had another starling, who had gotten in there apparantly overnight, flap and flutter right into my face.

Someone told me after that birds doing that in threes means someone close to you is going to die.
thanks

I hate birds.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:32 pm
http://www.dfulmer.com/images/humor/bird_shit_car.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:43 pm
nice
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:53 pm
Ah, that reminds me of the concrete sidewalk and fence and grass under a tree that night herons congregated in..
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:55 pm
nimh wrote:
Good point Eva. Perhaps she knows why every time I poke my nose out of the door, there's this creature staring at me:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/9067527943ff97f18927d2.jpg

<<<stalking>>>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 03:32 pm
Reminds me of Drumheller Fountain at the University of Washington, where a big group of geese stop over for a couple of weeks during their migration.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 03:38 pm
some birds, mockingbirds in particular, are known for attacking anything that gets close to its nest. bernie and i were out running one morning and first it swooped and poked him in the butt and when i went to chase it away, it attacked me! started poking me like crazy...wait that sounded kinda bad...Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:46 pm
hahahaha!!!!!
0 Replies