Who is Vanessa Bruno ...she invites me to stuff?

Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 01:34 pm
So I get this email at work from this chick Vanessa. I am being invited to a local Dining and bowling march madness ...it says it is with AWS. The name is also familiar so I assume it is a fun company function.

It looks like it is from an internal source as it cc'd with away my company name. It looks like fun but then I stop! Her address is @amazon.com. Darn now I can't click the invite and get bowling, food and drink. So I look up Vanessa Bruno at amazon and I see a clothing line and purses and crap. Anyone know this Vanessa ...should I go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 422 • Replies: 5
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 01:54 pm
@Linkat,
It depends on how much you want the free wine and nibbles and if you are interested in the merchandise.

I doubt it will be a fun night of bowling, but I may be wrong.
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I had asked another woman at work if she got invited but no she did not ...it makes no mention of selling merchandise but I am guessing that is the ploy.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 02:01 pm
@Linkat,
I don't know how they do it, there must be lists of our online purchases somewhere, if you've bought clothes or similar on Amazon you may have hit some algorithm or other.

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 03:39 pm
@Linkat,
It sounds like a phishing attack, especially as it was made to look like it was internal. I'd report it to your IT department. I've had a couple of emails that IT investigated and said they looked like phishing.
Linkat

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2022 05:19 pm
@engineer,
I might do that we have a thing we can click on to report an email being potentially phishing.
0 Replies