In Australia, the sharks don't even CARE if you are on....

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:27 am
...dry ground!!! They don't quit for nutthin'!!

Quote:
It was meant to be an enjoyable Sydney outing for a Perth tourist, Hazel Swinden, when she bought her ticket and entered Darling Harbour's Sydney Aquarium.

But within minutes of entering the tourist attraction, a shark tank holding 12.5 tonnes of seawater exploded next to her.

She was pummelled, and engulfed by the water, while the sharks swam around her as she sat in chest-deep water.

When she tried to stand up she realised there was a gaping, bleeding wound to her ankle. "I thought I was going to bleed to death and I was wondering whether a shark had bitten me," she told the District Court yesterday, at the start of her negligence case against Sydney Aquarium, and the tank manufacturer, Morilla Farms Pty Ltd, trading as Commercial Aquarium Services.

"I saw a big black shape and it swam about my feet, [the water] was deep enough for it to swim around me,"

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 603 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 03:29 am
Along with that fellow who got cleaned up by the plane he jumped from, this has got to be on of the best 'Wrong Place, Wrong Time' stories of the year!

Chest-deep ands bleeding in shark-infested water and you are aren't even at sea-level! That sort of sh!t would turn you white!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 07:10 am
Some days are worse than others.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 05:32 pm
Eesh.
0 Replies