HAD CATARACT SURGERY YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 06:31 am
Got to the clinic at 11:00 for surgery at 12:30. They had to do lots of prep work...setting an IV and putting spaced drops in the right eye. Then into the surgery room, where I was tended to by the doctor (ophthalmologist); a male nurse, and an anesthesiologist. Process took between 10 to 15 minutes...none of which was uncomfortable even slightly.

Lemme say that again: The greatest pain felt during this thing was the tiny sting of the needle injected to place the IV. So if you have had cataract surgery suggested and are hesitating because you have pain fears (yeah, eye surgery was scaring me beforehand)...forget about the pain aspect. It is nothing.

Now I have to put one drop each of two medicines in my eye for a few days. The left eye will be done two weeks from yesterday.

When I got home, I had to remove the eye goggle that the doctor had taped over the right eye...in order to put the drops in it.

I was stunned by the difference in what I was seeing in the right eye. The colors are now so changed and sharp...it is almost overwhelming.

This morning...the improvement in vision is even more astounding than last night. The colors are so much brighter using the right eye than the left...even white looks much whiter.

This is a miracle.

engineer

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 06:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Congratulations! Seeing better is a huge deal. Both my parents had it done and reported the same glowing results you did.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 07:20 am
Good news for sure.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 07:54 am
Way to go, Frank. So glad it was painless and successful.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Still waiting for mine, but I do know I am closer. Congrats!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 08:10 am
Pleased to hear it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 03:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ivve been trying to get Mrs F to have the surgery done.I think she is a bit scared based on some rrantt blief that he could lose her sight from this procedure.
Thanks Frank. Any additional aupport you can provide .My wife was a recovering Accountant who went back to collwg to warn an MFA in tudio Art (mamjored in Fibres)

Ill have her read any of your stuff.She doesnt much listen to others eever sjnce she started experiencing cataract symptoms, especially her night vision and color reception .
hightor

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 03:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's great, Frank. I'm happy for you.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 04:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Great! I did that with both eyes, but not at the same time. It took several days to get normal vision, but the improvement was significant, and cataracts only get worse.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2022 11:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I had the same surgery about 2 years ago, it was wonderful. I've been extremely nearsighted and also worried about the surgery.....but my worries were more about a bad cough that was hard to clear up (tuned out to be a massive hiatal hernia that was fixed after the cataract surgery).

I was stunned when the first surgery was done, my vision seemed perfect without glasses and like Frank, it was clear and bright just fantastic. I couldn't wait until the next eye was done, and that was just as fabulous as the first. Franks right about the pain, there ain't none.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 05:37 am
Congrats! It must be like looking at a whole new world.

I’ve never known anyone who had cataract surgery but I do have a friend that had laser eye surgery. He used to wear thick glasses, had the surgery and it changed his whole life.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 06:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ivve been trying to get Mrs F to have the surgery done.I think she is a bit scared based on some rrantt blief that he could lose her sight from this procedure.
Thanks Frank. Any additional aupport you can provide .My wife was a recovering Accountant who went back to collwg to warn an MFA in tudio Art (mamjored in Fibres)

Ill have her read any of your stuff.She doesnt much listen to others eever sjnce she started experiencing cataract symptoms, especially her night vision and color reception .

Yo, FM...please tell the wife that without a doubt, the single greatest pain about the operation...is the tiny pinprick of the IV being set in. The IV is used to inject a very mild anesthesia. And there is a topical anesthesia that is administered right to the eye. I swear, you feel nothing in the way of pain...and even the topical anesthesia is no more bother than putting an eye drop in.

The difference in sight because of the surgery is absolutely stunning. I cannot stop putting my hand over one eye and then over the other to see the incredible difference. I honestly thought I was seeing relatively decently even though the doctor mentioned the cataracts, but when I see how improved the vision is in the operated eye...I am fascinated. And you can see the remarkable difference on the same day as the surgery. Like I said, I just cannot wait until the next one gets done.

Mrs. FM...do the surgery. Get it scheduled as soon as you can...and you will be grateful that you did. It makes no sense to put it off. The surgery is done by laser...and it is safe, safe, safe.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 04:33 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ditto what Frank said.
Mame

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2022 04:38 pm
@glitterbag,
My husband was telling me, when I read Frank's experience to him (because he will eventually need this surgery), that his eye condition makes him prone to detached retinas. He is short-sighted and has an oval-shaped eyeball. He WILL get the surgery when the Ophthalmologist recommends, but if his retina/s detaches, he will have to spend several weeks face-down - that means, I will be his slave Smile So, neither of us is looking forward to this. It's not 100% that they will detach, but highly probable.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 12:02 pm
Second eye now done...and I swear I am living in a new universe. Everything is so clear and sharp and bright. The colors are beyond reason. I cannot get over just how much I had lost with the cataracts.

I am not just being dramatic here. The difference is beyond anything I had hoped for. AND there are actually are negatives involved. I honestly had not realized how much I had aged! With the new eyesight, I almost hate to look in the mirror any more. The age spots had been hidden...the sags...the dark lines.

But I would not trade the new eyesight for anything. Anyone with cataracts who have debated having the procedure done...do not wait. It actually becomes an adventure to a new land...one with gorgeous colors.

And I have given up glasses for so many things. Working at the computer called for reading glasses...and now I go without. Watching television always needed glasses...and now...no need. I haven't had a chance to check out my night vision in a car yet. That I will do with Nancy driving, but I am thinking it will be just fine.

I'll keep this thread posted.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 01:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's absolutely wonderful, Happy fresh eyesight Frank.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 02:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The missus has her left eye done a week ago (the right wikk ve done in two weeks): her eyesight is ... as you said, Frank.
Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 02:47 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Congratulations Frank, great to know you now can see better!
I have a plethora of eye problems including cataracts, myopia, glaucoma, focus, etc...seeing from just my right eye since I was 3 with a loss of 90% of my vision I cannot afford to risk an operation and my myopia is not laser correctable anyway!
So long I can keep winning games online, even driving planes and other simulators, and being able to do a more or less normal life I stay put!
Mame

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2022 03:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yay! Just stop looking in the mirror Smile I never look that closely!
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 07:40 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

It's absolutely wonderful, Happy fresh eyesight Frank.

Thanks, GB.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HAD CATARACT SURGERY YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 07:50:20