HAD CATARACT SURGERY YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 07:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

The missus has her left eye done a week ago (the right wikk ve done in two weeks): her eyesight is ... as you said, Frank.

Good for her. I'm happy she is seeing so well.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 07:44 am
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Congratulations Frank, great to know you now can see better!
I have a plethora of eye problems including cataracts, myopia, glaucoma, focus, etc...seeing from just my right eye since I was 3 with a loss of 90% of my vision I cannot afford to risk an operation and my myopia is not laser correctable anyway!
So long I can keep winning games online, even driving planes and other simulators, and being able to do a more or less normal life I stay put!

Oh, my. Well...you seem to have adjusted nicely to your situation, so there is that. I used to fly a Cessna 140, but the cost of fuel kept going up and up...so I gave up that hobby. With the costs today, I'm thinking of getting a smaller car!
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 07:45 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yay! Just stop looking in the mirror Smile I never look that closely!

Yeah, since I have a beard, the mirror is not necessary. I'm just not sure why it lies as much as it does. Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 08:51 am
Isn't it amazing Frank? Everything is so clean and sharp. No more dull edges or blurred things. You don't realize how bad it is because it is so gradual.

2 years later and I am still amazed at sharp things are. Did you get lens for far away? (I assume you did because of golf) I got my doctor to put different lenses in my eyes. I got far vision in my left eye and near vision in my right eye with a magic spot of about 6 feet where both eyese are perfect. But, allows me to read without glasses and drive without glasses so I am happy.

Glad to know it all worked out for you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 12:07 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Isn't it amazing Frank? Everything is so clean and sharp. No more dull edges or blurred things. You don't realize how bad it is because it is so gradual.

2 years later and I am still amazed at sharp things are. Did you get lens for far away? (I assume you did because of golf) I got my doctor to put different lenses in my eyes. I got far vision in my left eye and near vision in my right eye with a magic spot of about 6 feet where both eyese are perfect. But, allows me to read without glasses and drive without glasses so I am happy.

Glad to know it all worked out for you.

Truly, incredible, McG.

I did not get corrective lenses, but my sight, both near and far is excellent. My right eye, the first one done has been read at 20/20. Have to wait another week before the left eye is tested, but I am amazed at how good my sight is right now. The color and sharpness are still mind-boggling. I hope that part never changes.
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 01:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh man Frank you actually flew a Cessna 140? ...you lucky bastard...I have one in flight simulator 2020 and I love it! I am glad I can talk to someone who had the privilege of actually flying a classical plane, you have to share more about planes! Cheers!

PS - I barely can wait for the DC-3 to get in the Flight Sim, it is coming out in the end of this month if all goes according to plan.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 02:03 pm
@Albuquerque,
Albuquerque wrote:

Oh man Frank you actually flew a Cessna 140? ...you lucky bastard...I have one in flight simulator 2020 and I love it! I am glad I can talk to someone who had the privilege of actually flying a classical plane, you have to share more about planes! Cheers!

PS - I barely can wait for the DC-3 to get in the Flight Sim, it is coming out in the end of this month if all goes according to plan.

The DC-3 (C-47) or Gooney Bird as we used to call it when I was in the Air Force...is one of the greatest planes ever built. Some are still flying. I had a chance to get a ride in one back a few years, but missed because I screwed up on the date. I've got a picture of me and a group of guys fresh back from Rome standing in front of the Gooney Bird we flew in. If I can dig the picture up, I'll post it.

A good friend of mine still flies a B17 bomber...The Lucky Lady...and I may still get a ride in it at some point. That plane is a beauty! I play golf with a guy who was a belly gunner in a B17 during WWII. (He is 102 and still plays golf!) And my wife's father was a pilot in a B17 in the Pacific during the war.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 02:09 pm
That B17 is the Yankee Lady...not the Lucky Lady.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 02:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
...oh man those old piston engine supercharged...I love them!
I am not an envy person in almost anything at all, but come to planes I envy anyone that flew in classics...the stratosphere Boeing, the Constellation, the B-17...those were the days...free sky the roaring of the engines, a map in your hand and a coffee mug...I wish I could go back and live them!
Today is just traffic jams in the air!

I have the DC-6 on my collection let me show you and you will telm me how close it is to the real deal just a sec...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2022 02:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your old faithful Cessna 140 here:

This guy didn't flair the plane properly on landing so he bounced...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:00:15