Is becoming an 'Anarchist' a cop-out?

Amigo

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:28 pm
A person can be a cop-out. The ideology he has chosen is the victim of his bulls**t.To answer "Is becoming an 'Anarchist' a cop-out ?"We would have to define Anarchism.Social Anarchist, Individualist Anarchist, Pacifists, Revolutionaries, Nihilist, Leo Tolstoy, Max stirner, Henry David Thoreau, And Rand, Jhonny Rotten, Mikhail Bakunin, etc, etc.Your friends are grasping at things like we all do to try to understand who we are.Anarchism is a great and free idea.It is also the most abused,misunderstood and misrepresented idea.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 01:45 pm
My original disguist with using the word 'anarchy' to represent such idea was founded on good instinct.
Why not give it a proper name? a name which represents it well?
It gets tiring hearing, like every so called intellectual saying, " Oh you are the idiot, you just don't get what it's really about!"
Bullshiot!
The 'idea' is not well represented or communicated.
If people are constantly get confused about it, why not clarify it?
Why not speak so people can understand: people who are well read, people who are not, people who are brainy, and people who are not so sharp.
There is deliberate vagueness. No one really knows what 'anarchy' is supposed to be. No one has agreed yet. They are arguing like fools following dead writers.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
flushd, you are right. It sounds stupid but anarchy is not Anarchism inless your a Nihilist.I studied Anarchism on my own.Now everything about Anarchism is clear to me.The following is from a book called 'Political Ideologies' By Leon P. Barandat "Anarchism of all sorts see government as an impediment to human progress and wish to eliminate it in part, or even completely. Agreeing that government should be limited, anarchists tend to dissagree on other matters of substance and tactics." this definition of Anarchism is true. From here it becomes a mess. Get this book and you'll be ahead of the game.It's very easy to understand.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 02:53 pm
But anarchy has the prefix "an" in it, meaning the absence of. If it is to mean the absence of government then it can not be for a limited government, but for an absence of. Government is a level of organization, and without it people would be disorganized and separate?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 01:12 am
Could it mean absence in degrees?How much and what kind of government do we need to be organized?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:48 am
Yeah, it does Amigo. But they are fighting about how much gov't, any gov't, how to be an 'anarchst', and all that.

That's why I was so confused and confounded when I heard them use the word 'anarchy' for this way of social living.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 03:40 pm
Amigo wrote:
flushd, you are right. It sounds stupid but anarchy is not Anarchism inless your a Nihilist.

Why?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:03 pm
anarchy has come to mean chaos,confusion,murder,violence.Anarchism is the ideas that say it is something else.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 09:46 pm
Why is it always about semantics...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 08:05 am
Amigo wrote:
anarchy has come to mean chaos,confusion,murder,violence.Anarchism is the ideas that say it is something else.

What?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 01:47 pm
huh?
0 Replies