Allegiance to the United States of America

Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 09:22 am
@gollum,
Quote:
So, would the nation have the obligation to protect and defend that person (citizen?),
Yes.

Quote:
but he would have no obligation to do anything for the nation?
I don't see that reciting words is actually doing anything for the nation.

Quote:
Recently, people in several States suffered damage in a tornado. Does the U.S. Government have a responsibility to help those people?
Absolutely.

Quote:
Do those people have any responsibility to the Government?

1. What responsibilities to the government do you want people to have?
2. Would you want everyone to enlist into the military?
3. Would you want everyone to join the profession of first responders?
4. Would you want everyone to join the teaching profession?
5. Would you want everyone to volunteer their time to help out non-profitable charitable organizations?
6. Would you want everyone to volunteer time working in a soup kitchen for the homeless?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 09:40 am
You're a citizen, you pay taxes - The government should pay allegiance to you. Currently, it pays allegiance to the high bidder.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 09:40 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

The recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance is written in to State law, I think that most states have a law requiring the Pledge be recited in all public schools.

Well which is it: it is or it isn't written into "state law"? What states do you know it's written into and which you think it's written into.

You have such a casual relationship with facts.

I call Bull **** on your pledge claims. It's written into Texas law purely to slip the Texas State Pledge into a law I break every time I can, screw Texas.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 09:42 am
@Real Music,
I freely pledge my allegiance. I will not be forced into it. How does one trust the allegiance of people compelled to pledge?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 09:44 am
@gollum,
I'd settle for all these compelled allegiance supporters to sign up in the armed forces or peace corps and put some skin in the ******* game.
0 Replies