Resurrection of the dead

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2021 10:22 pm
The Resurrection of the Dead
The Iglesia Ni Cristo believes that the dead will be resurrected. Christ would not have been resurrected if there were no resurrection of the dead (I Cor. 15:12-13).

There are two kinds of resurrection: those who have done good will rise and live, and those who have done evil will rise and be condemned (John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:14).

The dead members of the Church Of Christ will be resurrected at Christ’s second coming (I Cor. 15:23) and those faithful members who are alive when He returns shall without dying, meet Christ in the air to be with Him in the dwelling place that He has prepared for them (I Thess. 4:16-17).

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 12:26 am
@Rose Marie,
And what about the rest of us?
Mame

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 02:44 pm
@maxdancona,
We're toast. Or will be toasted in hell.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:25 pm
@Rose Marie,
Quote:
There are two kinds of resurrection: those who have done good will rise and live, and those who have done evil will rise and be condemned (John 5:28-29; Rev. 20:14).

Matthew 25: 31-34; Matthew 25: 31-34; When the Son of Man comes as King and all the angels with him, he will sit on his royal throne, (This is after the thousand years rule of Jesus) and the people of all the nations will be gathered before him. Then he will divide them into two groups, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the righteous people on his right and the others on his left. Then the King will say to the people on his right, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world.

Matthew 25: 41; “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!

The 'SON OF MAN' comes as King after the thousand years rule of Jesus, when all physical life forms on the earth have been incinerated, and the seas have been evaporated (See Rev 21: 1) and all the disembodied spirits-minds that had developed within their physical wombs=bodies that had died the first death, were divided by He who reclaimed his throne from Jesus, who He had chosen as the caretaker to His throne until he had put all thing beneath the feet of his chosen heir, the man Jesus.

Quote:
The dead members of the Church Of Christ will be resurrected at Christ’s second coming (I Cor. 15:23) and those faithful members who are alive when He returns shall without dying, meet Christ in the air to be with Him in the dwelling place that He has prepared for them (I Thess. 4:16-17).

I Thess. 4:16-17; There will be the shout of command, the archangel's voice, the sound of God's trumpet, and the Lord himself will come down from heaven.

After the thousand years rule of Jesus, 'THE SON OF MAN" himself will come down from heaven.

Those who have died believing in Christ will rise to life first; then we who are living at that time (At the sound of the last trumpet, immediately before the heavenly fire incinerates all physical life forms remaining upon the earth) will be gathered up along with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15: 25-28; "For Jesus Christ must rule until our God (The Son of Man,) defeats all enemies and puts them under his feet. For the scripture says, “God put all things under his feet.” It is clear, of course, that the words “all things” do not include God himself, who puts all things under Jesus Christ. But when all things have been placed under Christ's rule, then he himself, Jesus the Son, will place himself under God (The Son of Man), who placed all things under him; and God (The Son of Man, the MOST HIGH in the creation) will rule completely over all.

On the day that Jesus was baptised, the spirit of our Lord God and saviour, descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my Son (My chosen heir and successor) 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:38 pm
@Mame,
Then, I guess we will meet again.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 02:05 am
@roger,
Quote:

That ain't necessarily so my friend, that ain't necessarily so.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 06:54 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

That ain't necessarily so my friend, that ain't necessarily so.

I forget who said it, but

I would choose heaven for the climate, but I choose Hell for the company.
Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:16 pm
@The Anointed,
My dear Annointed. You dont seem like a very loving guy.

Quite the contrary, you seem rather angry and more than a little judgemental.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:18 pm
@The Anointed,
By the way...

Aren't you in favor of putting the stranger in jail, and building a wall to keep him out?

White American Christians are some of the cruelist, least compassionate people I have met.

I do suspect that the real Jesus would be different.

You are not the kind of Christian who should be quoting Matthew 25.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:51 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Aren't you in favor of putting the stranger in jail,

Depending on what the stranger has done. WHY? Are you in favor of allowing serial killers, Rapists, and known child molesters, to remain within our society, with no punishment for the horrible crimes that they have committed against their fellow man?

Quote:
I do suspect that the real Jesus would be different.

You are referring to the Jesus, who called the religious authorities of his day, liars, and sons of Satan the father of all lies, vile serpents, etc, etc, are you not.

Jesus who, after seeing the thieving money changers and the merchants in the temple grounds, went back to Bethany and made himself a rope whip. and returned next morning, overturning their tables and whipping the daylights our of them as he drove them from the temple grounds like a herd of swine.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 03:55 pm
@The Anointed,
You are the religious authorities, Annointed. You are the Pharisees, a religious hypocrite who is worried about everyone elses' sin.

If Jesus were here, you would be the one getting whipped.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 04:18 pm
I never understand why those folks who claim to be devoted followers of Christ are so freaking angry all the time. It seems they are missing something.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:20 pm
@glitterbag,
So cruel, so miserable, so disapproving of everything in God's reaction.

My paternal grandmother remains the most repulsive and most religious person I have ever known.

I heard some mental bollocks in that draughty Chapel. One lay preacher said the Devil was jealous of the Bible because it was so beautiful so he tempted people to write other books. People would read other books instead of the Bible, and if you read other books you're making Satan happy.

That was all books, putting aside prayer books and books by Christians anout Christ and Christianity, which are all still books that aren't the Bible, it also includes The Highway Code.

Are we supposed to believe Satan appeared before the Transport ministry and tempted them to formulate the highway code to stop people reading the Bible.

How can one be tempted to write The Highway Code anyway? Did Satan whisper is some faceless bureaucrat's ear that if he cracked the speed limit in a build up area he'd be beating the women off with a shitty stick?

No Faceless Bureaucrat will fall for that ****, believe me I know. Satan was supposed to being a top tempter, one of the best, now he's banging on about box junctions and railway crossings. It wouldn't tempt me is all I'm saying.

It's what happens when a total idiot deals with the concept of supreme evil, they put it on their level, and it too becomes a total bloody idiot.

The truth of the matter was he was having even problems getting his head around one book,The Bible, there was no way he was going to be able to read another one, so he tried to make a virtue out of his own stupidity.

That's what they all seem to do take their 9wn prejudices and ignorance and try to shoehorn their religion into that.
The Anointed

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 09:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
By the way... Aren't you in favor of putting the stranger in jail, and building a wall to keep him out?

I am certainly in favour of locking out from our society all convicted serial killers, Rapists, and known child molesters. In fact I like what Jesus intends to do, when he takes up his ruler ship of the earth for the thousand years Sabbath, when he will build walled cities for those who love their neighbours as themselves and do only to their neighbours, as they would want done to themselves,

And rather than spend billion upon billions each year, by jailing those who hate their neighbours and commit heinous crimes against their fellow man, this problem would be solved by simply locking such people outside the cities of the Lord, also with those who would prefer the company of such people, rather than the company of those who are allowed into the camp of the Lord.

Although, I am sure that those who would rather the company of those who are locked outside, will soon realise the company that they preferred, do not care a fig about their neighbours, and will steal all their goods, and kill, if need be, those who would attempt to deprive them of the food and goods that they want.

Weeping and gnashing their teeth, they would soon be standing outside the door, knocking and crying to be allowed into the camp of the righteous.

It is in that thousand years of peace, where, in my opinion, all our resources will be used to prepare for the ultimate destruction of all physical life forms that remain on this planet.

Knowing that which is to occur after the one thousand year Sabbath has ended, when heavenly fire incinerates the surface of the earth, and with the great wealth that will be paid in tribute by the nations of the world during that thousand year rule of our king and high priest, genetic banks of all physical life forms will be created, (The Ark) and sent to a place of safety in order that when the incinerated earth is once again able to sustain physical life forms, Plants will be planted, animals will be created anew, and when the system for the sustainability of mankind has been put in place, the Lord, our brother, king, and high priest will say, "And now, let us make man in our image and likeness." And a new and more humble Race of men will people this earth.

"Under the guidance of Jupiter (Planet) man prepares, by means of religious exercises, for the journey to the life beyond, and he attains rest under the influence of Saturn." (Basra Encyclopedia)- De Boer, Philosophy in Islam, p 88.

The water ocean on Enceladus , a moon that orbits the planet Saturn, is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) deep and lies beneath a shell of ice 19 to 25 miles (30 to 40 km) thick, researchers said. Further, it's in direct contact with a rocky seafloor, theoretically making possible all kinds of complex chemical reactions — such as, perhaps, the kind that led to the rise of life on Earth.

"The world being melted and re-entered into the bosom of Jupiter, this God continues for some time totally con-centered in himself: . . . afterwards we see a new world spring from him, perfect in all its parts; animals are produced anew; an innocent race of man is formed under more favourable auspices, in order to people this earth." " Seneca, Epist, 9, and Qucest. Nat. L. 3, c, ult.

Revelation 20: 7-9; After the thousand years are over, Satan will be let loose from his prison, and he will go out to deceive the nations scattered over the whole world, that is, Gog and Magog. Satan will bring them all together for battle, as many as the grains of sand on the seashore. They spread out over the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people and the city that he loves. (But the Camp of the Lord will have been emptied) then fire came down from heaven and destroyed them and all physical life forms that remained on the earth.

Catch ya later mate.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 06:17 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I never understand why those folks who claim to be devoted followers of Christ are so freaking angry all the time. It seems they are missing something.

Indeed!

One of the things they obviously are missing...is an understanding of the message attributed to Christ.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 05:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
One of the things they obviously are missing...is an understanding of the message attributed to Christ.

You must be referring to Matthew 25: where Jesus speaks of the day when, "THE SON OF MAN" finally sits on his throne, after all physical life forms remaining on this planet have been destroyed by the Heavenly fire, and divides the disembodied spirits that had developed with the physical wombs that had suffered the first death, the righteous from the unrepentant wicked.

Where, to the righteous division he says in verses 34-36; ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.’

Then to the unrepentant wicked he says in verses 41-43; "Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me."

Which is but one of the many, many messages attributed to Jesus, who speaks of the destruction of the unrepentant wicked and the salvation of the Many who believed the words of the Lord as spoken though the mouth of his earthly host body, 'THE MAN JESUS'.

Matthew 20:28; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for MANY."

Mark 10:45; For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for MANY."

Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of MANY, he will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

English Standard Version. so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of MANY, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Berean Study Bible.

Are you one of the "MANY" who are eagerly waiting for his return, Frank?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 06:49 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

You must be referring to Matthew 25: where Jesus speaks of the day when, "THE SON OF MAN" finally sits on his throne, after all physical life forms remaining on this planet have been destroyed by the Heavenly fire, and divides the disembodied spirits that had developed with the physical wombs that had suffered the first death, the righteous from the unrepentant wicked.

Where, to the righteous division he says in verses 34-36; ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father! Come and possess the kingdom which has been prepared for you ever since the creation of the world. I was hungry and you fed me, thirsty and you gave me a drink; I was a stranger and you received me in your homes, naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me, in prison and you visited me.’

Then to the unrepentant wicked he says in verses 41-43; "Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels! I was hungry but you would not feed me, thirsty but you would not give me a drink; I was a stranger but you would not welcome me in your homes, naked but you would not clothe me; I was sick and in prison but you would not take care of me."

Which is but one of the many, many messages attributed to Jesus, who speaks of the destruction of the unrepentant wicked and the salvation of the Many who believed the words of the Lord as spoken though the mouth of his earthly host body, 'THE MAN JESUS'.

Matthew 20:28; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for MANY."

Mark 10:45; For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for MANY."

Hebrews 9:28 so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of MANY, he will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him.

English Standard Version. so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of MANY, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Berean Study Bible.

Are you one of the "MANY" who are eagerly waiting for his return, Frank?

No, I was not referring to anything about where "the son of man sits upon any throne."

And, no, I am not one of the many who eagerly await his return.
Mame

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 02:11 pm
lol @ Frank
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2021 02:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
No, I was not referring to anything about where "the son of man sits upon any throne." And, no, I am not one of the many who eagerly await his return.

No! I didn't think so old mate, seeing as you have no beliefs whatsoever.
You don't know whether a God exists or not, although you do believe that mankind exists, in fact that would be hard for such a negative person like yourself to deny, but obviously you don't believe that mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, nor that a new life form will evolve from mankind, and that new life form (The Son of Man) which is still in the future, is currently developing within the body of man.

But you're not alone there old mate mate, there are many men and old women, who, like yourself, can't see beyond their own nose.

Quote:

Would you like me to explain to you all the messages given to us, by the Lord God our son and saviour, (The Son of Man) through the mouth of his obedient servant Jesus?

Catch ya later Frank.

1. Forums
  2. » Resurrection of the dead
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:57:55