Resurrection of the dead

izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2021 08:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
The Anointed is Australian, they have a different education, like us nobody graduates from high school.

I can't speak for Australia but over here pupils take examinations in different subjects. They're called GCSEs and most kids take about eight.

So if you are terrible at maths there is nothing to stop you getting a high grade in History and going on to study at university.

There are some funny quirks, certain professions insist on GCSE maths and English regardless of other qualifications.

Teaching is one. When I worked at one school the libraria had a double first English degree, but she couldn't teach because she did not have GCSE maths and after unsuccessfully retaking it five times she gave up.

So the short answer is Anointed didn't graduate from high school, and neither did I, because it's just something Americans do.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2021 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The Anointed is Australian, they have a different education, like us nobody graduates from high school.

I can't speak for Australia but over here pupils take examinations in different subjects. They're called GCSEs and most kids take about eight.

So if you are terrible at maths there is nothing to stop you getting a high grade in History and going on to study at university.

There are some funny quirks, certain professions insist on GCSE maths and English regardless of other qualifications.

Teaching is one. When I worked at one school the libraria had a double first English degree, but she couldn't teach because she did not have GCSE maths and after unsuccessfully retaking it five times she gave up.

So the short answer is Anointed didn't graduate from high school, and neither did I, because it's just something Americans do.

Thanks, Izzy.

But here, he essentially is arguing that it is impossible for there to be multiple universes.

He essentially is saying that one cannot KNOW that multiple universes MIGHT exist; that that one cannot KNOW that multiple universes ARE POSSIBLE; that one cannot KNOW that multiple universes COULD exist.

He also is insisting that I am senile and/or unintelligent...so I took the "did you graduate from high school" shot at him. I did not know he was Australian...despite his constant use of "mate." I thought he was just being the pretentious asshole he obviously is.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2021 10:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
I know he's an idiot which is why I try not to read his posts.

The best thing is the thread where him and Bulmabriefs are tearing strips from each other over which one of them is the stupidest most bigoted pseudo Christian.

I don't know it's very tight run you couldn't get a fag paper between them.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2021 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I know he's an idiot which is why I try not to read his posts.

The best thing is the thread where him and Bulmabriefs are tearing strips from each other over which one of them is the stupidest most bigoted pseudo Christian.

I don't know it's very tight run you couldn't get a fag paper between them.

Yeah, I look in on that thread, which I refer to as the "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" thread.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2021 06:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Without a doubt, there "could be" an untold number of universes out there. "An untold number of universes" is a possibility. It could be. Anyone with a functioning brain realizes this. They KNOW there "could be" an untold number of universes out there.

They may 'THINK" that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, they may 'SUPPOSE" that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, they may believe that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, but they don't 'KNOW' that there 'IS' an untold number of universes out there.

You really don't 'KNOW' the meaning of the word 'KNOW" do you you poor old sod. "To 'KNOW" is to be absolutely certain or sure about something.

Quote:
Of course 'NOBODY KNOWS' if there are. But anyone with a functioning brain (which apparently still excludes you) KNOWS that there "could be."

No old mate, you cannot be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.

You can guess that there 'COULD' be, you can think that there 'COULD' be, you can suppose that there 'COULD" be, you can even believe that there 'COULD' be.

But you cannot be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.

When the door is closed...one does not 'KNOW' what 'COULD' be in the room. I wonder who said that?

There are scientists who believe that there could be an untold number of universe out there, in their own particular positions in Space-Time, but no scientist as yet, has been able to open the door that will prove one way or the other. For now, the door remains closed, and no one can be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2021 07:25 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Without a doubt, there "could be" an untold number of universes out there. "An untold number of universes" is a possibility. It could be. Anyone with a functioning brain realizes this. They KNOW there "could be" an untold number of universes out there.

They may 'THINK" that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, they may 'SUPPOSE" that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, they may believe that there 'COULD BE' an untold number of universes out there, but they don't 'KNOW' that there 'IS' an untold number of universes out there.

You really don't 'KNOW' the meaning of the word 'KNOW" do you you poor old sod. "To 'KNOW" is to be absolutely certain or sure about something.

Quote:
Of course 'NOBODY KNOWS' if there are. But anyone with a functioning brain (which apparently still excludes you) KNOWS that there "could be."

No old mate, you cannot be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.

You can guess that there 'COULD' be, you can think that there 'COULD' be, you can suppose that there 'COULD" be, you can even believe that there 'COULD' be.

But you cannot be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.

When the door is closed...one does not 'KNOW' what 'COULD' be in the room. I wonder who said that?

There are scientists who believe that there could be an untold number of universe out there, in their own particular positions in Space-Time, but no scientist as yet, has been able to open the door that will prove one way or the other. For now, the door remains closed, and no one can be absolutely certain or sure that there 'COULD' be an untold number of universes out there.

We are not talking about what is...but about what "could be."

I think you realize you are totally wrong here, but you simply do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge it.

No problem.

In any case, any reasonable, intelligent individual KNOWS there might be...could be...and infinite number of universes.

What "could be" does not talk about "what is"...but about what "is possible."

It is possible that there are many universes. We all know that. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE...so it is possible.

THOSE OF US WITH A FUNCTIONING BRAIN KNOW THAT.

So we know that it could be.

You apparently do not know that it is possible...that it could be.

So...go back and read that sentence highlighted above!
The Anointed

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2021 09:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Yes, I 'KNOW". If we were talking about what 'IS" you could say; "I 'KNOW" what 'IS', does exist. But if we are speaking of something that we do not 'KNOW' actually exists, you could say; I 'THINK' that it could exist, but I don't 'KNOW" for certain if it could or could not exist.

Quote:
I think you realize you are totally wrong here, but you simply do not have the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge it.

Wrong again, I am totally certain that we can 'THINK' that something that we don't 'KNOW' actually exists, could possibly exist, but we cannot 'KNOW' that something that we don't 'KNOW' actually exists, could possibly exist.

Quote:
In any case, any reasonable, intelligent individual KNOWS there might be...could be...and infinite number of universes.

Wrong again, they can 'THINK' that there could be, but they don’t KNOW that there could be.

Quote:
What "could be" does not talk about "what is"...but about what "is possible."It is possible that there are many universes. We all know that. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE...so it is possible.

THOSE OF US WITH A FUNCTIONING BRAIN KNOW THAT, It is possible, that your penis might turn infected and fall off in the morning, but I am not certain that ‘COULD’ happen.

Quote:
So we know that it could be

Nope! We might ‘THINK’ it could be, but we don’t 'KNOW' that it could be.

Quote:
You apparently do not know that it is possible...that it could be. /quote]

Correct! I don’t 'KNOW' that it is POSSIBLE, in fact it might turn out that it is totally IMPOSSIBLE, because I don't 'KNOW' either way. But still, I 'THINK' that it ‘COULD be possible, but I don’t ‘KNOW' for certain if it COULD be possible, or if it COULD be impossible.
Mame

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2021 10:34 pm
You guys need to get a room. In all caps.
The Anointed

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2021 12:22 am
@Mame,
Quote:
You guys need to get a room.

Me and Franky in the same room? you've gotta be kidding Mame, but a young chick in her late sixties, is welcome into the room with this young eighty years old bloke.

Now don't get all excited girly, I was only kidding.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2021 07:02 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

Yes, I 'KNOW". If we were talking about what 'IS" you could say; "I 'KNOW" what 'IS', does exist. But if we are speaking of something that we do not 'KNOW' actually exists, you could say; I 'THINK' that it could exist, but I don't 'KNOW" for certain if it could or could not exist.

Quote:

Wrong again, I am totally certain that we can 'THINK' that something that we don't 'KNOW' actually exists, could possibly exist, but we cannot 'KNOW' that something that we don't 'KNOW' actually exists, could possibly exist.

Quote:

Wrong again, they can 'THINK' that there could be, but they don’t KNOW that there could be.

Quote:
What "could be" does not talk about "what is"...but about what "is possible."It is possible that there are many universes. We all know that. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE...so it is possible.

THOSE OF US WITH A FUNCTIONING BRAIN KNOW THAT, It is possible, that your penis might turn infected and fall off in the morning, but I am not certain that ‘COULD’ happen.

Quote:
So we know that it could be

Nope! We might ‘THINK’ it could be, but we don’t 'KNOW' that it could be.

Quote:
You apparently do not know that it is possible...that it could be. /quote]

Correct! I don’t 'KNOW' that it is POSSIBLE, in fact it might turn out that it is totally IMPOSSIBLE, because I don't 'KNOW' either way. But still, I 'THINK' that it ‘COULD be possible, but I don’t ‘KNOW' for certain if it COULD be possible, or if it COULD be impossible.

As I said...if you do not KNOW there is the possibility of many universes...you just do not have a functioning brain. And if there is the possibility...it COULD be so.

And you claim you do not know...so...

The Anointed

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2021 06:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
We all know that. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE

Nope! We all 'DO NOT KNOW' that it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE, There are those who believe that 'IT IS IMPOSSIBLE' for an untold number of universes to exist out there, as the definition of the word 'UNIVERSE' is; "All the existing matter and space considered as a whole;" in other words the cosmos, and therefore nothing else exists.

You may THINK that there COULD be an untold number of universes in existence, each universe being "All the existing matter and space considered as a whole", and each existing in a total different time dimension than yours ." But you cannot "KNOW" if there COULD be.

Wake up to yourself mate, and don't stop taking your medication, for heavens sake,
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2021 06:51 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
We all know that. It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE

Nope! We all 'DO NOT KNOW' that it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE, There are those who believe that 'IT IS IMPOSSIBLE' for an untold number of universes to exist out there, as the definition of the word 'UNIVERSE' is; "All the existing matter and space considered as a whole;" in other words the cosmos, and therefore nothing else exists.

You may THINK that there COULD be an untold number of universes in existence, each universe being "All the existing matter and space considered as a whole", and each existing in a total different time dimension than yours ." But you cannot "KNOW" if there COULD be.

Wake up to yourself mate, and don't stop taking your medication, for heavens sake,

Okay...apparently you are as stupid as you post. I thought it might have been an act...or that you were merely a liar.

Continue with your stupidity. You gotta go with what ya got.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 02:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Okay...apparently you are as stupid as you post. I thought it might have been an act...or that you were merely a liar. Continue with your stupidity. You gotta go with what ya got.

Well you just remain with your carer, and don't forget your medication old mate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 06:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
the problem with Noints is that he likes to recite , not discuss so hes not too quick on the uptake. You should read the Waldorf salad he sent to Cobbler on Cobblers "Footprints" thread.
farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 06:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
hey Frank, when ya get done skinnin him Ill go gt you anothr grizzly.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

the problem with Noints is that he likes to recite , not discuss so hes not too quick on the uptake. You should read the Waldorf salad he sent to Cobbler on Cobblers "Footprints" thread.

I've seen some of the stuff he has sent Cobbler's way, FM. I though about that stuff the same way I think about the stuff he is spewing here. I honestly thought it might be an act...or just that he was unwilling to accept that he is wrong...

...but apparently he simply is not too bright.

Unless a thing has been established as impossible...it is possible, so it "could be" so.

Many questions about "possible things" are answered, "Could be."

Q: "Is there any life...any life forms at all...on any moon of Saturn or Uranus?"

A: "Could be!"

Q: "Will Planet Earth be hit by another life threatening meteor/asteroid during the next 50 years?"

Q: "Are there an untold number of universes out there?"

We KNOW it "could be" since it has not been established as impossible. Any person with a functioning brain KNOWS that it "could be."

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2021 09:03 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hey Frank, when ya get done skinnin him Ill go gt you anothr grizzly.

Thanks, FM. I'm letting 'Noint skin himself. He does a great job at that!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 11:21:34