What's Merrick Garland Going to Do?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 10:09 am
@oralloy,
Maybe it's just me, but that even sounded like a fart.

Did you aspire to be a petomane as a child?

Farting up a load of bollocks on A2K must give some small compensation.
oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 10:13 am
@izzythepush,
It is noteworthy how much you suck at name-calling whenever you divert from falsely accusing me of your own shortcomings.

And you are lying about me posting things that aren't true. Everything that I've said is true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 10:15 am
@hightor,
someone wrote:
Here he demonstrates the real desire among many conservatives to live under the rule of a strongman. The President is seen as having the power of a monarch or dictator.

Nonsense. All I am doing is respecting the Constitution.

And under the Constitution, the President does not have the power to write laws or pass budgets. Further, Congress can impeach the President and remove him from office if they are dissatisfied with his performance. Additionally the President has to be elected, reelected if he wishes to remain in office for a second term, and cannot remain in office for more than two terms.

That doesn't sound much like a monarch or dictator to me.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 03:03 pm
DOJ JUST ANNOUNCED GRAND JURY HAS INDICTED STEVE BANNON
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 03:05 pm
I think the next steps are: arrest and a bond hearing to decide if he’s a flight risk and should be held without bond.

Somebody pinch me.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2021 03:37 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I think the next steps are: arrest and a bond hearing to decide if he’s a flight risk and should be held without bond.

Somebody pinch me.

Maybe this is a good thing. I suspect it is a distraction.

I don't think this is going to hurt Bannon at all. A jail term may be exactly what he needs to further his career goals. You realize that he isn't going to Attica, right?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 01:21 pm
@snood,
<pinch>
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 03:26 pm
There are still Federal charges like depriving someone of their civil rights, which the US has used quite successfully. There has to be some sort of repercussions for the judge and the cops on the scene.
snood

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 03:28 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Are you in the right thread?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 03:35 pm
@snood,
I was thinking what Merrick Garland might do regarding the Rittenhouse travesty.

Remember what Robert Kennedy did when the KKK members who bombed 16th Street Baptist Church killing children got off? The Feds prosecuted them for depriving the victims of their civil rights and sent them to prison for 20 years.
oralloy

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 04:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
There has to be some sort of repercussions for the judge and the cops on the scene.

Do you have any sort of evidence of wrongdoing on their part?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 04:18 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I think Bobsal is being silly.

snood

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 04:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I was thinking what Merrick Garland might do regarding the Rittenhouse travesty.

Remember what Robert Kennedy did when the KKK members who bombed 16th Street Baptist Church killing children got off? The Feds prosecuted them for depriving the victims of their civil rights and sent them to prison for 20 years.

That’s way too generous a telling of what the FBI did.

There were four bombers - Cash, Chambliss, Blanton and Cherry. There were no convictions in the years following the bombing. Not until 1977, when Chambliss received a life sentence because of a case brought by the Alabama Attorney General. Blanton and Cherry weren’t convicted until the year 2000, when the FBI finally reopened their cases, and got them life sentences. Cash died in 1994.

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/baptist-street-church-bombing

0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 04:37 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Put bluntly, Merrick Garland ain’t gonna do Jack **** about Rittenhouse.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 05:05 pm
1. In the South Street Baptist case you had a concerted conspiracy to keep killers from coming to justice. The killers were known members of a White Supremacist group.

2. Kyle Rittenhouse was 17 year old kid who received a fair trial which didn't go as some people hoped.

It is ridiculous to compare these two trials. You are turning the South Street Baptist case into just another political disagreement.

The Attorney General shouldn't be in the business of retrying political trials that don't go the desired way.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 06:09 pm
@maxdancona,
Why are you trolling me? What was your big speech about how easy it is for you to ignore people? Troll.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 06:53 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You got that backwards sweetheart. If you think I am trolling you, then you should be ignoring me.

I am not trolling you, I am simply disagreeing with you.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 08:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You keep forgetting the unwritten rules bobsal. If Max says rude things to you, he is engaging in a discussion (where he does nothing but carp, complain and accuse others of trolling him). The other unwritten Max inspired rule is that if I (myself) even dare to comment on anything he writes, I am indulging a long simmering feminist rage against him for something frivolous he recognizes as a terrible spite rage. (I'll spare you the tripe about the 'liberal' squad led by somebody who wants to punish him for something or other.....it takes too much time to remember how many people he suspects are tracking him......for something or other).
snood

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 08:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Just ignore the obnoxious wacko. It really works. I don’t see his asinine rabble-rousing, and I don’t miss it.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2021 09:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Just ignore the obnoxious wacko. It really works. I don’t see his asinine rabble-rousing, and I don’t miss it.

If you are talking about the obnoxious wacko, then you aren't ignoring him.

Sigh.
0 Replies