Revenge of the Threadkillers

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:25 pm
littlek wrote:
I think it's more fair to peruse your thread participated in ("Your Posts") rather than threads started ("Your Topics").

The first two pages of "My Topics" I ended 47 threads and others' ended 53.
The first two pages of "My Posts" I had 100 threads ended by others and 10 ended by me.

I did the first 51 pages of yours, littlek. You got 218 kills from 2550 = 9% (so you were pretty damn close without the need to scroll through 51 pages like I just did... Rolling Eyes :wink: )
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:27 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You would probably have the record, littlek, but I always come along after you, post some inane rubbish, and you are thus saved from having an extraordinarily high thread kill percentage.

I did all of yours, Gus. You got 61 from 2321 = 3% (if that is good or bad I still haven't decided...)
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:40 pm
Currently, the winner is either Gus (3%) or Pragmatic (32%), depending on how you look at it...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:50 pm
Hmm. I wonder what I'd score? I'm terrible at math, so somebody else will have to figure it for me.

[size=7](Do I really want to know, or will it just make me more self-conscious?)[/size]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 11:11 pm
Wow, GD, you sure are a busy boy tonight!
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:59 am
Eva wrote:
Hmm. I wonder what I'd score? I'm terrible at math, so somebody else will have to figure it for me.

Ditto. :wink:

Gargamel wrote:
The real test will be to see who kills THIS thread.

ROTFL! ROTFL!

Shall we all compete? (We could do one of those cheerleader triangles...)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:06 am
Roger--

R.A. MacAvoy also wrote Tea with the Black Dragon in which the heroine is middle-aged!

McCaffrey lives in Ireland--partly for tax purposes. As I remember the Irish don't tax writers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:28 am
Hmmmmm. Type type type...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 03:49 pm
I often THINK that I have killed a thread, as I tend to make attempts to bring the conversations back to the subject in question, by injecting some good, down to earth serious common sense.
The problem is that, by the time most of us in the UK have "discovered" a new thread (usually started by lewd Americans while we sleep the sleep of innocents)....everyone has expressed their opinions, and often their strange sexual desires and fantasies in the process.

I then arrive on the "post orgasmic" scene, say my piece to restore sanity and have to wait several hours, until those lot wake up and reply (or not).

The suspense is terrible.

I am typing whilst in a standing position today, by the way, owing to a trip to the Doctors this morning for reasons of a personal nature type problem scenario.
I was advised to apply "live" yoghurt to the area in question, and found some in my refridgerator when I got home.
The only variety I could find, however, was "corn crunch", and therefore the chafing has been horrendous. I have kept the walking to a minimum.

I will now attempt to make a soothing poultice.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:22 pm
Nice try, Lord Elpus at killing this thread. It probably won't work, though. Gus is always out there, and he seems to thrive on things like hemorroids.

So this guy comes into my shop this morning and I can't help but notice that my usually attentive employees disappear. All at the same time. This guy is, I found out much, much later, known as the Mumbler. I have never met someone who had so little to say but could take so long to say it. I was stuck with him, or he stuck with me, for an hour, and spent $4.97 in all.
I invited him to join A2K and to visit this thread. He could definitely kill it.

As for me...I was a precocious child. I will begin posting my life story later tonight..
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 04:24 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
Lady J wrote:
Thank you Grand Duke. I could do it myself, but for some reason now it feels like a "grade" in school and I can't wait to see the results of my efforts!

Lady J - 102 kills in 731 threads = 14% (not a bad score at all)

(I'm going to compile a scoreboard in my opening post...)

Thank you Grand Duke! That was very kind of you and I am duly surprised by the results. I thought for certain it would much, much higher. That was very kind of you to remember btw. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:31 pm
I don't remember Ellpus ever killing a thread in a deadening way. Perhaps the odd, even very odd, satisfying ending...
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 12:11 am
Touche to that! I love reading Lord Ellpus (oh, that sounds like a novel, doesn't it?) But I am often stricken with a total lack of how to respond!

Lord Ellpus, you leave me speechless and tongue tied! Not many can do that with me, you know. Smile
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 05:33 am
I am so sorry that I leave you that way, Lady J. I havent left a young lady speechless in this way since about 1953, when I first tried out a few ideas from my Karma book of loving, acquired in Morocco along with several dubious ailments.
One thing I try to do on A2K, is to move the thread conversations away from naughty subjects, as I find them unnaturaly stimulating, which has been known to cause problems with the old blood pressure.
I find this particularly difficult to do when it comes to a thread involving multiple posts from either Bella or Shewolf.
I have now got wise to this problem, and when I spy their involvement in a thread, I immediately don my loose flowing Kaftan, in order to avoid any possible groinal constriction.
If I inadvertantly "kill" a thread, in my attempts to keep A2K a clean, respectable and sex free place for conversation, I can only declare that my intentions were honourable, and that my heart was in the right place, even though my mind was succumbing to the repeated allurements.

I shall now attempt to cleanse the "get down and dirty" thread once again, as my Kaftan has now arrived back from the Laundry.

Wish me luck.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 08:19 am
Shocked
I am not a dirty girl
i am not a dirty girl
I will not respond
I will not respond....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 09:03 am
You will respond. . .
You will respond. . .
You will respond. . .
You will respond. . .
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:15 am
i almost stepped in dog poo today...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:48 am
Yeah, sorry about that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 10:55 am
<That was a classic reply..>
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 08:51 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I feel like a dunce when I start a thread, a bunch of people looks at it, then no one posts.

I've got three of them.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 07:36:19