Morocco offers US monkeys to detonate mines

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:26 pm
Morocco offers US monkeys to detonate mines
From the International Desk
Published 3/24/2003 6:43 AM
View printer-friendly version

RABAT, D.C., Morocco, March 24 (UPI) -- A Moroccan publication accused the government Monday of providing unusual assistance to U.S. troops fighting in Iraq by offering them 2,000 monkeys trained in detonating land mines.

The weekly al-Usbu' al-Siyassi reported that Morocco offered the U.S. forces a large number of monkeys, some from Morocco's Atlas Mountains and others imported, to use them for detonating land mines planted by the Iraqis.

The publication quoted a highly-informed source as saying, "that is not a scientific illusion but a well-known military tactic."

Copyright © 2001-2003 United Press International
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,284 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 05:38 pm
That smacks of animal cruelty, if you ask me...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 06:12 pm
Mad Monkeys?!!!!

HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!
0 Replies

vaporkg

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:50 am
I am a Monkey
I am a Monkey. You silly humans think we are just animals. We run the world. Using our great MIND-CONTROL powers developed through millions of years of evolution we control your so called great leaders. Our master mind plan of leading humans to cause there own mass extinction is working flawlessly. THIS IS A CALLING TO ALL MONKEYS, ENOUGH GAMES ITS TIME TO RISE AND RID THE EARTH OF HUMANS FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-MASTER MONKEY-
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:56 am
man. At least with the dolphins they weren't destroyed in the process. that's cruel and what a waste of a well-trained animal (with all due respect vaporkg).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:57 am
wait, I guess I made the assumption that the monkeys were destroyed in the process, are they?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:06 am
I'm certainly glad that Cornelius weighed in.

(I knew people were calling Dubya Chimpy for a good reason.)

It's also of vital importance that we get the, ummm, minority viewpoint.

(I meant nothing racial by that, Master Monkey.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:08 am
On a visit to Morocco some years ago, our tour guide in Tangier told us that Morocco was an allie to the US much longer than many European countries. Is this true? Anybody know? c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:19 am
I think that sounds like cruelty too, the monkeys didn't ask for this war...

On the other hand, is it cruel if you eat them afterwards? "Hey, who's carvin' the ape?" Smile Shame on Morocco, I say.
0 Replies

BonnyDrook

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:46 am
cavfancier wrote:
I think that sounds like cruelty too, the monkeys didn't ask for this war...

On the other hand, is it cruel if you eat them afterwards? "Hey, who's carvin' the ape?" Smile Shame on Morocco, I say.

I'm guessing after a monkey detonates a landmine, not a whole lot of CARVING is gonna be required. Just scrap the pureed rascal off nearby walls & treetrunks & smear on toast. Mmmmm, that's goooooood eatin'

BD
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 11:25 pm
True enough, BD, but doesn't the unwritten law of the road say if you kill it, you gotta eat it? Mmmm, puree of monkey....I hear it tastes like Vegemite....
0 Replies