Poll: Happy Columbus Day weekend 2021! Doing anything special for the holiday?

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2021 01:53 am
Hi and Happy Columbus Day weekend 2021! Hope you will have a nice holiday! Are you doing anything special for it?

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,029 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2021 06:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi and Happy Columbus Day weekend 2021! Hope you will have a nice holiday! Are you doing anything special for it?

Please help. Thank you.

In Boston it is now - "Indigenous Peoples Day" and I am working so nothing special. Although Boston is running its Marathon that is typically run on Patriot's Day (due to covid it was postponed to today) so I guess that is the closest thing to special for Indigenous Peoples Day.

The one other thing - that we did unknowingly special this weekend....my daughter is attending college quite a distance from us (too far to even drive) ---- we were not supposed to be doing anything special so I am sitting on my couch in our new "theatre - like" room. It is late about 11:30 PM I suddenly hear by dogs barking and I look out and see what looks like two kids (teens) running up my drive way and I am thinking who the heck is that? All confused.

And then I see my little one (the one in college) and then I am confused what she is supposed to be in Chicago? What - and her friend is filming (of course with her phone) - she had found out several weeks ago she had a three day weekend (due to this Columbus Day) and bought plane tickets to surprise us. So yeah we had a good celebration -- spent the weekend cooking all her favorite foods.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 05:58 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
In Boston it is now - "Indigenous Peoples Day"

It sounds as if your city is infested with progressive traitors.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2021 07:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Actually ended up going to the Red Sox game - going onward!
0 Replies