The Covid vaccines are developed with genetic engineering.

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 03:26 pm
The Covid vaccines are manufactured with genetically modified E Coli virus. No one seems to be publicizing this.

That is how these vaccines are made. They started with a "genome-reduced" E Coli strain that had been created in the lab. Then they spliced in a plasmid into the genetic code of the bacteria to produce the needed genetic material.

If you are pro-vaccine and anti-GMO... just some food for thought.

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 04:27 pm
@maxdancona,
silly analogy max
maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 04:31 pm
@farmerman,
I am not sure you know what the word "analogy" means. This isn't one.

They are splicing a genetic sequence into a laboratory grown bacteria. This genetically engineered organism is then cultured to produce a key component of the vaccine.

That is the definition of genetic engineering.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 06:26 pm
@maxdancona,
wherrev you been, on a satellite with no wifi.y ouve been saying that this hasnt been publicized. I posted several times that the mRNA sequences of the "Spike proteins" were developed jointly between the U of Pa and Cambridge U (UK).
This has been a well reported study sequence posted in many journals for maybe 15 years, it was one of craig venters ideas and a lady won a nobel prize last year for editing methods and how we can "mess with evolution" Trump was famous for saying stuff like "hardly anyone knows the moon IS NOT made of green cheese"

actually "Genetic Engineering "Is a century or more old (beginning shortly after Fr Mendel discove how to manipulate pea flowers, were into gene editing .

maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 06:50 pm
@farmerman,
I don't know why you have to be so ill-tempered when you are agreeing with me.

But I am glad you agree.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 07:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Im not gonna turn this into one of your 40page circle jerks where you spend most of your time insulting others'

I made my comments. I would suggest however, that , just because youve only recently discovered something in the popular press, dont assert that hardly anyone knows the same facts. Kinda being a bit insulting arent you? We teach kids in high school biology and genetics one the "History" of the science. This was bigger news sveral yars ago when there were maybe 6 consecutive Nobel prizes awarded for applied genomics leading to CRiSPR . On 2k our correpondent from New Hmpshire had several well trafficked posts about the subjects.

But thats what youve been often congratulated for, ..."everything is about you"

maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 07:14 pm
@farmerman,
Genetically modified E. Coli. bacteria are used to create the key ingredient of the Pfizer (and similar) vaccines. This involves splicing a new genetic sequence into the DNA of a laboratory bacteria. These genetically modified bacteria produce the required genetic information for the vaccine that is then injected into your arm.

This is a fact. This hasn't been widely publicized, mainly because of the anti-science aversion of many people to genetic engineering. Farmerman's behavior here is interesting, it clearly threatens him some way or he wouldn't be here.

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 07:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im not gonna turn this into one of your 40page circle jerks where you spend most of your time insulting others'

I have never seen Max engage in namecalling.

I have seen you do so however. Although I really wish you wouldn't.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 03:22 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

If you are pro-vaccine and anti-GMO..

No, not a good analogy. The suspicion of and resistance to GMO technology arose over food, something which people put in their mouths on a daily basis and fed to their kids. And even if people came to trust that GMO-foods were actually safe, there were still nagging questions about the overuse of pesticides, copyrights on seeds, and the corporate control of industrial farming.

Vaccines don't raise the same sorts of objections for a number of reasons. For one thing, the ingredients of many vaccines aren't particularly appetizing either – but people aren't eating fetal calf serum, dead or weakened germs, and various other antigens. A dose of vaccine might amount to a few milliliters in your arm, a plate of GMO food is a significantly larger amount of food which you have to chew, swallow, digest, and eventually excrete. That's a big difference. And vaccines have been around a long enough time for most people to see them as socially beneficial and largely safe. So I can definitely see why there may be people who are opposed to GMO's on their dinner table but accept GMO technology in vaccine production.

Verdict: the analogy is inept; eating food and getting vaccinated are very dissimilar functions and the OP is simply trying to make reality conform to his "ideological narrative©".

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 05:17 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Genetically modified E. Coli. bacteria are used to create the key ingredient of the Pfizer (and similar) vaccines. This involves splicing a new genetic sequence into the DNA of a laboratory bacteria. These genetically modified bacteria produce the required genetic information for the vaccine that is then injected into your arm.
Using mRNA of bacterioPHAGE . if youthink we have no access to information and only yodo, well, I suppose I should thank you, but at least try to gt it 100%
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 05:28 am
@hightor,
I just get annoyed with hi inultingness .prhaps he should rad about th origin of "genetic nginering:, be it plasmid, vector or the ole fashioned biolistics when all we knew was cross pollination and husbandry.
Theres a numbr of folks who keep up with the literature and Im sure theyd find it amusing that max sounds so much like a Trump assertion about how "little " folks really know

PROTEUS ISLAND is from 1936 and while not as simply stated THE ISlAND OF DR MOREAU , its was a 1936 sci fi that made genetic "engineering" a topic of what author do bst, think outside the box.

the methodology of plasmid culture on coronids has been a work in process for maybe 20+ years . I wonder where max think we develop these methodologies so "quickly"?? and whether each years fresh crop of pHD's get their information?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 12:33 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman agrees with my basic factual claim. That is important to me.

I get that he is annoyed. That seems like a different issue.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:36 pm
Well US covid deaths have reached and slightly exceeded the number of people killed in the period 1918 to 1922 by the misnamed "Spanish Flu".
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:45 pm
@farmerman,

many could have survived if not for the pig-headedness of the MAGA morons and anti-vaxxers...
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 06:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
yeh, really sad aint it.

the Lancaster paper publishes the weekly stats of those that recd the full boat of vaccine as a function of the county populations. chester county 9 a rural wealthy county ) has the highest percentage and its barely 60%, whereas Berks County is in the low 50% ile,
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:04 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

many could have survived if not for the pig-headedness of the MAGA morons and anti-vaxxers...

This isn't a thread about anti-vaxxers or MAGA people. I support vaccines, and I am anti-Trump.

This is a thread about liberal hypocrisy... the people who reject genetic engineering and then claim to be pro-science.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
most,(NAAAH) Ithink ill just let maxie blather on. hes so sure of himself.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:17 pm
Conservative deny, liberals exaggerate.

The claim that we "surpassed" Spanish flu is great headline. But it is a little silly.

1) The population of the US was 1/3 the size in 1918.
2) The Spanish flu killed young people at a much higher rate. Most people dying of Covid are 65 or older. It is also true that Americans are living longer than in 1918 (meaning many more people 65 or older).

People should be vaccinated. Still, the outrage is a little overblown. But that is not what this thread is about (since all of us here agree about vaccinations anyway)
maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:20 pm
This is a thread about Genetic Engineering. And about being pro-science.

Farmerman keeps flopping around on the issue, but when cornered he seems to agree that Genetic Modified foods are as safe as conventionally developed counterparts.

I am curious if Region accepts the science on Genetic Engineering.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
1) The population of the US was 1/3 the size in 1918.
2) The Spanish flu killed young people at a much higher rate. Most people dying of Covid are 65 or older. It is also true that Americans are living longer than in 1918 (meaning many more people 65 or older).

Im sure all that outstanding deja poo* youve lifted from FOX will be a great comfort to all the families an love ones and friends of those who died of covid.

Yeh, riight

*deja poo--different venue, same crap

1. Forums
  2. » The Covid vaccines are developed with genetic engineering.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:27:36