The Covid vaccines are developed with genetic engineering.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:33 pm
@farmerman,
Here are the facts.

1) The Covid Vaccines are being developed with genetic engineering (no one has even disputed this).

2) The Covid Vaccine is safe and effective, and the more people who take it the more lives will be saved.

I am not interested in the mudslinging. I am interested if anyone here disagrees with either of these facts. If we all agree on the main points of this thread, then I can ignore the petty partisan nastiness.
farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:45 pm
@maxdancona,
then you havent really read what ive said. as a real honest to christ farmer, im scared shitless of the market ploys by the big agribusiness consortia that cause ag toxins to kill and make our land rather syerile without resorting to additional doses of some bs chemical.

ive lost several stands of lumber cherry trees that had been stunted an rendered as 4 grade quality just because of licensed ag chems, not to mention loss of soil flora and fauna.

I had a sals rep from on of th big supply houses how up at my request and I plotted him a map of tainted soil just by the abnce of soil annelids.

You been farmin long maxie?

Ive begun farmig in organic mans (Im not registering) a organic because of all the govt BS involved, but I only plant open pollinated(non-hybrid) seed and keep my hay and pastures weed free by wxtra mowing intead of chemicals (They never tell ya that multiflora and kudu can be controlled physically even though it involves paying help three dys extra for field tending (the actual costs involved in spray controls, besides the costs of the equipment coms fairly close to my payout for field cutting for weed control.

My meat products are PRIME and CHOICE restaurant grade bcause the restaurants dont want crap to feed their customers if they dont have to. ive got all kinds of ethnic butchers who dont buy meat at auctions anymore. they trip out to my farm. Ive actually installed a Hallal butchwring post with map coordinates so they can do the killing an then butcher in the clean refer trucks on their way back to philly and baltimore
Theres giant angus farms nd 2 belted Galloway farms within 30 miles of me. These farm managers command premium prices because they mostly avoid gmo seed and pesticides and non-conservative animal drenches.

go to your best steakhouse in the nearest big city and actually ask the house chef and owners what is a winner combination for a prime steak or ribs or anything special in meat and veggies. prime demands attention and real care for the customers (No BS).

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:51 pm
@maxdancona,
my dis with that is your own disrespect for and dismissal of the intelligence of your readers. You acted like it was you who clued your "liberal combatants" in on what Genetic engineering even means. Ive found that a constant irritant from you conservatives. You all sound like Trumps mental self abuse.
Dont start predicting storm patterns with sharpies
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 07:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Here actually how you open this thread
Quote:
The Covid vaccines are manufactured with genetically modified E Coli virus. No one seems to be publicizing this.

That is how these vaccines are made. They started with a "genome-reduced" E Coli strain that had been created in the lab. Then they spliced in a plasmid into the genetic code of the bacteria to produce the needed genetic material.

If you are pro-vaccine and anti-GMO... just some food for thought

ND NOW, we present the award for smarmiest contributor in starting a thread. MAY I HAVE THE ENVELOPE PLEASE

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 09:39 pm
We have two ideological extremes in the US. The political left doesn't want to accept that anyone can deviate at all from the two extremes.

Twenty years ago, my political positions would have put me in solidly on the left of center. Back then liberals believed in free speech, supported a plurality of opinions. Even now on policy I agree far more with the left than with the right on issues from immigration, to health care, to taxes.

Now questioning anything on the left makes you a Fox-News watching "MAGA Moron" (in spite of the fact that I never watch Fox New, and I never supported Trump.

An extremist locked in a bloody battle with with people they see as Nazi's, can't afford to tolerate any deviation from the ideological hard line. I think the fact that I agree with liberals on many things threatens them more than where I disagree.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2021 09:44 pm
I am advocating a pro-science position. And I hold to that.

- Science supports vaccines (in spite of conspiracy theories about evil organizations corrupting scientific results).

- Science supports genetically modified foods (in spite of conspiracy theories about evil organizations corrupting scientific results).

(Just to to make the point painfully clear... both anti-gmo people and anti-vaxxers allege the same sorts of conspiracy theories so they don't have to accept the science).
farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 02:49 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am advocating a pro-science position. And I hold to that
I ont think youve a clar picture about the "Sciences" involved in ag and ag sales. No big ag businesses give a hoot in hell about flavor safety or nutrition. you should compare us and eu standards, we allow gm in soil amendments and we rely on some really toxic crap just because theyve crispr'd in a gene in your strawberries that allow the berries to ripen on thetrain, and because its done in a soil amendment it isnt even regulated,

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 03:11 am
@maxdancona,
your comparison basis re vaccine v ag isnt thought out.
youre looking at one vaccine type but you fail to realize that gmo foods and gmo chems include thousands of compounds all the way from soil amendments to genetic mods to plants and cattle that render the products immune from effects of pplied chemicals. gm alfalfa withstands applied leafhopper poisons. you think those poisons disappear in thw foo chain?. THeres hundreds of xampls like that. Hay srying involves Lacto/nitrosamine compounds that speed up drying , you think they disappear??

I let my hay dry one more day in the field and trust my luck that it doesnt rain. Some really good hay is grown in ARizona and Nevada where they use center pivot and leaf hoppers dont infest so they can b fully and easily organic but usually arent. Center pivot esert farms look like the moonscape in areas that surround the 1/4 sction circular fields.

dont get me started on citrus or pomes or nuts.

The problem I see with most of you rad conservatives is that you gladly swallow the whole bag of crap. Thats why Will Rogers, when asked if he belonged to a political party said "No,Im a Democrat".

Science isnt a one size fits all . i think you should read some of the bulletins from the myriad of other sources and try to be a bit selective.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 10:06 am
1. We disagree about the science. I am OK with that.

2. It is the tendency of both the political left and the right to dismiss science they don't like. Both sides allege that science has been corrupted and can't be trusted (except when it suits them). I find this troubling.

3..Worse is this militant "us versus them" mentality coming from the left. I agree with the political left on most issues and certainly on most policies. I am speaking up about extemism, not liberalism (I still believe there is a difference)

Questioning any part of the political ideology makes me a "MAGA moron". This isn't because I ever supported Trump (I haven't). It is because the left demands ideological purity, and anyone who stumbles even a bit is cast out and branded.
hightor

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 10:55 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It is because the left demands ideological purity, and anyone who stumbles even a bit is cast out and branded.

Sorry to burst your bubble. No ideological purity is required, just a little humility and a modicum of etiquette. Your online persona is the problem.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 11:58 am
@hightor,
Welcome to my thread Hightor. I know you are here to do ideological battle, but while you you are here, do you accept the factual premise of the thread?
hightor

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2021 01:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I know you are here to do ideological battle...

I don't consider this to be a realm of ideological conflict.

Quote:
...do you accept the factual premise of the thread?

What "factual premise" are you referring to? I don't agree that "no one" has publicized that vaccines are manufactured with a genetically modified virus. Nor do I think there's a problem with being pro-vaccine and opposed to other uses of GMO, for reasons I gave earlier.

Quote:
It is the tendency of both the political left and the right to dismiss science they don't like.

You might as well add the "political center" to your observation as well. I don't think diagnosing scientific resistance or illiteracy as afflictions of the political extremes is really necessary. I think dismissing ideas you don't like is a pretty universal human trait and not based on ideology as much as on lack of experience, limited perspective, and innate conservatism (small "c"). People generally like to hang out in familiar circles and aren't always that keen to have their beliefs challenged.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 05:43:37