Remote control killer robots

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 08:58 am
The Scientist and the A.I.-Assisted, Remote-Control Killer Robot
Iran’s top nuclear scientist woke up an hour before dawn, as he did most days, to study Islamic philosophy before his day began.

That afternoon, he and his wife would leave their vacation home on the Caspian Sea and drive to their country house in Absard, a bucolic town east of Tehran, where they planned to spend the weekend.
https://dnyuz.com/2021/09/18/the-scientist-and-the-a-i-assisted-remote-control-killer-robot/

The latest developments in killer technology is more than an outrage. It is granting power into the hands of forces not altogether stable. Eventually, if they deem it to their interests these type weapons can be trained on anybody anywhere, from Moscow to Iran to Tomball, Teaxs. Humanity is rapidly losing the battle against these dark forces.
eb
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,378 • Replies: 11
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 09:48 am
@edgarblythe,
The Scientist and the A.I.-Assisted, Remote-Control Killing Machine

Israeli agents had wanted to kill Iran’s top nuclear scientist for years. Then they came up with a way to do it with no operatives present.

Quote:
(...)

The souped-up, remote-controlled machine gun now joins the combat drone in the arsenal of high-tech weapons for remote targeted killing. But unlike a drone, the robotic machine gun draws no attention in the sky, where a drone could be shot down, and can be situated anywhere, qualities likely to reshape the worlds of security and espionage.

(...)

nyt
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 11:20 am
I don't see how this is worse than in IED; either a proximity mine or a remote control bomb.

A mine kills indiscriminately you hope the right target walks by, but you have no control. A remote control bomb means the target is probably one of the victims, but you have little control.

I would think this remote control sniper rifle, which kills the target with very little chance for collateral damage is preferable to either a mine or a bomb.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 11:22 am
@maxdancona,
The argument can easily be made that they shouldn't be killing anyone.

But assuming that they need to kill someone; this method is exact and specific with little risk to any innocent bystander....

I don't see the problem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 12:07 pm
When you can enter into spaces where you are not even at war and kill just anybody you choose without repercussions you are setting up the next phases where electronics just wander around killing anybody for any reason any place on Earth.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 01:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Mines and remote control bombs have been around since at least the 1930s. What is the moral difference between a remote control gun and a remote control bomb?

In this case, people went in to plant the device. Then another person made the device go off.

This was a slightly advanced roadside bomb, of the kind that has existed for almost a century. A sentient killer robot that could make decisions on its own would be cool... but this wasn't anything like that.

farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 03:27 pm
@maxdancona,
limiting collateral deaths in mind, is a far more effective terror weapon. Being able to focus to the targt leaves a totally different message to the intended targets than do mines.

I also think you limit the negative rsponses of the citizenry.
Mines and all "Flung" IEDs are weapons of moronic application.
We still are cleaning up mines in Cambodia and "Nam.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 03:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

limiting collateral deaths in mind, is a far more effective terror weapon. Being able to focus to the targt leaves a totally different message to the intended targets than do mines.

Is "limiting collateral deaths" a good thing or a bad thing?

In my estimation, the remote control rifle (which kills only the selected target) is far better than a dumb mine (which kills whoever stumbles across it).
oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 05:13 pm
This weapon has already been used to provide justice to the American people:
https://able2know.org/topic/553723-1

Of course, certain traitors don't like it when their terrorist buddies are brought to justice.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2021 05:14 pm
Quote:
Iran's top nuclear scientist woke up an hour before dawn, as he did most days, to study Islamic philosophy before his day began.

"Iran's top nuclear scientist" was developing illegal weapons for a terrorist government.

edgarblythe wrote:
The latest developments in killer technology is more than an outrage.

Awww. Did the mean old soldiers kill your little terrorist buddy?

edgarblythe wrote:
It is granting power into the hands of forces not altogether stable.

Wrong. Western democracy is perfectly stable.

edgarblythe wrote:
Eventually, if they deem it to their interests these type weapons can be trained on anybody anywhere, from Moscow to Iran to Tomball, Teaxs.

Good.

edgarblythe wrote:
Humanity is rapidly losing the battle against these dark forces.

Wrong. We humans have your dark-side buddies on the run.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 10:42 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Is "limiting collateral deaths" a good thing or a bad thing?
its just a better thing, nothing about killing is good in unjust wars
oralloy

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2021 11:24 am
@farmerman,
Luckily for us America never participates in unjust wars.
0 Replies