Attic - Is this mold, or just stains?

bg24

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2021 11:34 pm
Are any of these mold, or stains?
https://imgur.com/a/pvy5zKR

I am planning to get the attic cleaned and put a new insulation. I have 2 options:
- Do concrobium fogging in the attic and keep the exhaust fan running to let the air go out. Then have the attic insulation guys to just scrub the wood.
- Hire a mold remediation company to come in after attic cleanup to do a remediation.

I am getting different feedbacks depending on who I speak to. Appreciate any guidance. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 490 • Replies: 3
No top replies

JonP6

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2021 03:02 am
@bg24,
Those small white spots may be white moulds. You can bleach wash the affected areas, let it dry and and use an anti fungal spray.
0 Replies

tacomamold

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 03:32 am
@bg24,
If you have a serious mold damage, it is best to hire mold remediation/removal professionals to remove the mold completely.
0 Replies

tacomamold

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2021 05:22 am
If you notice mold in your attic, there is a need for immediate action because mold is resilient. Then you need the services of a mold removal expert to make your home safe by removing all the unsafe mold in your attic.
0 Replies