4
   

Need to ask whether this is mold?

 
 
Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 08:59 am
Hey so first off I'm living in a island in Malaysia long term at a hotel I work at, I won't get into the details but this is a humid country.

Anyway I've noticed recently I've been sick, got a super bad skin rash, headache, ear and throat infections, stomach problems, coughing etc.

I googled and it says this could an the result of mould exposure ? I looked in my ac unit the other day and saw some black stuff. I cleaned it out while wearing a t shirt around my face. But I did manage to get some pictures of the ac units in other rooms.

http://imgur.com/21XsRwF
http://imgur.com/hvWznjv


Ive shown a few people this. And they've said its just compressed dust.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,440 • Replies: 7
No top replies

 
rosborne979
 
  2  
Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 02:13 pm
@Chunkylad,
It looks like mold to me. If you want to know for sure, spritz it with a 50% bleach and water solution and see if it goes away. If it's mold it'll vanish in about 10 minutes.
Chunkylad
 
  1  
Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2016 11:06 pm
@rosborne979,
Okay I'll give it a go. Should I be concerned if this is poisoning me?
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 06:49 am
@Chunkylad,
Mold is very common. The chances are good that it's just regular old every day annoying mold and nothing poisonous.
Chunkylad
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 02:58 am
@rosborne979,
Okay well I cleaned it with a dettol anti bacterial spray and it looks mostly clean now. So I guess I'm good?
rosborne979
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 09:37 am
@Chunkylad,
Chunkylad wrote:
Okay well I cleaned it with a dettol anti bacterial spray and it looks mostly clean now. So I guess I'm good?
There are not guarantees in life, but the probabilities are with you now Smile
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2016 10:08 am
@Chunkylad,
Mold is a fungus, not bacteria - but I gather dettol still worked. Rosborne is right that diluted bleach is the ticket for mold. There are also spray products for mold in the U.S., but I've no idea about availability of them in Malaysia.
0 Replies
 
moldremovalexpress
 
  1  
Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2016 12:48 am
@Chunkylad,
Yes, it is a type of mold.
Mold problems in your home or business can have serious effects on you, your employees and your loved ones. And it affect our body internally we couldn't understand it for many days.

If you find small mold presence in any surrounding area. Then use these tip to reduce their effects.
Prepare a solution of chlorine bleach & water :-
By taking one part bleach to 3 parts water – or get hold of a household detergent like Domestos bleach spray with bleach as an active ingredient.
Using a stiff-bristled brush, scrub the infected area. Rinse thoroughly and dry.

If mold presence are in bigger amount.
Then, I recommend you to hire any nearby mold removal specialist to solve such problems.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Is this Mold - Question by JoshuaL
Is this mold? - Question by buckalou
Help Me Identify This Mold - Question by CyanRaven
Brown 'stains' on wall and ceiling. - Discussion by Hanny
Can you Id this mold/Fungus? - Question by trevor75
Is this mold? If not, what is it? - Discussion by kschmitty01
microbiology - Question by frankw
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Need to ask whether this is mold?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/07/2021 at 11:20:22