Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 06:03 pm

Be you a believer or not, your life has been affected by the mainstream religions and the myth of Adam and Eve. It is the source of Christian homophobia and misogyny.

There are many strange things in the myth of Adam and Eve.
Was Adam born alone or first?
If Adam was created in God’s image and likeness, who is woman modeled after?
Satan is depicted in part as a woman.
Who was she modeled on and why female? Likely because of evolution and women being men’s biological prize.

In law, to be punished, one must be shown to have evil intent or an evil mind. Latin, Men’s Rea.

This is what human justice is based on.

Was Eve innocent, given that she had no evil intent?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 573 • Replies: 27
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 06:10 pm
@Greatest I am,
Eve definitely sinned. She ate the apple first after she lusted for knowledge. Adam didnt sin himself until Eve gave the apple to him.
maxdancona

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 06:13 pm
@Greatest I am,
Come to think of it. Eve and then Adam both sinned by eating the fruit and disobeying God. It was the snake who was without sin in this story.

Why was the snake punished?
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 06:57 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Be you a believer or not, your life has been affected by the mainstream religions and the myth of Adam and Eve. It is the source of Christian homophobia and misogyny.

There are many strange things in the myth of Adam and Eve.
Was Adam born alone or first?
If Adam was created in God’s image and likeness, who is woman modeled after?
Satan is depicted in part as a woman.
Who was she modeled on and why female? Likely because of evolution and women being men’s biological prize.

In law, to be punished, one must be shown to have evil intent or an evil mind. Latin, Men’s Rea.

This is what human justice is based on.

Was Eve innocent, given that she had no evil intent?

Regards
DL

Neither Adam nor Eve "sinned" in the story of Adam and Eve. Neither knew the difference between right and wrong...between good and bad. They were denied that knowledge by the god of that tale.

How could they "sin" if they did not even know they were doing wrong...or bad...or evil?

The story makes no sense.
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 07:01 pm
https://able2know.org/topic/9750-1

farmerman

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 07:07 pm
Actually Eve, that BITCH , understood th concept of being a JOINT TENENT WITH RIGHTS OF SURVIVORSHIP. She was trying to poison Adam and was just looking for the propr poison fruit.
glitterbag

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 07:12 pm
@farmerman,
Women are always leading men astray. Men are virtuous and women are not, I mean, have you seen some of these women?
farmerman

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 07:21 pm
@glitterbag,
no but you can introduce em to me if you would be so kind
glitterbag

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 08:40 pm
@farmerman,
I'll see what I can do, but one warning, do not accept any apples.
The Anointed

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 10:18 pm
@maxdancona,
If you are going to quote scripture, at least know what you are talking about.

1 Timothy 2: 13-14; "For Adam was created first, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law."

BTW, it was not a legless snake who was cursed and made to crawl on its belly in the dust for having deceived Eve, who has become the sinful and pregnant androgynous body of mankind. in whom 'THE SON OF MAN' who will crush the head of Satan, is being formed, the only one who can pay the penalty for the sins of the flesh in which he develops, as we all must do.
maxdancona

Thu 29 Jul, 2021 10:54 pm
@The Anointed,
1. You are saying the same thing I did in a argumentative way.

2. There is no indication in the Genesis account that the serpent was Satan. In fact it said it was a creature.God had made during the 6 days of creation. You have to interpret the story by taking other scripture out of context to get there.
The Anointed

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:35 am
@maxdancona,
There may be no indication in the Genesis account that the serpent was Satan, but there certainly is in the book of Revelation 20: 1-2; Where it is written; "Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the abyss and a heavy chain. 2Gen 3.1He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent — that is, the Devil, or Satan — and chained him up for a thousand years.

Who do you believe is the ancient serpent.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 04:20 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
do not accept any apples.
Ill eat most any fruit except durians and persimmon .
The Anointed

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 04:59 am
@farmerman,
Have you tried Persian pears also called the cashew tree fruit?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+cashew+tree+fruit%3F&form=ANNNB1&refig=a633930a24ea4781b01cf5674503c89b
farmerman

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 05:33 am
@The Anointed,
look interesting, are they good? or are they a stealth gym sock like the Durian?
Is the nut at the end edible too? Said they were ,vergreens , we are in US zone & so it aint possible (YET), and markets dont handle em.
The Anointed

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 05:51 am
@farmerman,
The nut on the end of the fruit is the cashew nut, although the outer pulp shell of the nut is poisonous. Have you never eaten a cashew nut?

The pear itself is very astringent and stringy, especially the smaller yellow variety, although I do like the juice of the bigger red variety, especially when poured over ice cream.
farmerman

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 05:55 am
@The Anointed,
kinda like walnuts. The husks contain prussicacid.
I dont much care for cashews, I lik pistachios , almonds, peanuts, pecans and ENGLISH walnuts (not the common black walnuts) I suppose in Oz you guys have several more kinds. I recall one in Oz where our mine cook used one to flavor curries
izzythepush

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 07:30 am
@farmerman,
Never heard of common black walnuts.
farmerman

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 08:50 am
@izzythepush,
I dded th word "common" since they are almost a climax tree in the present y forests of PA (long with cherry trees). Blck Walnuts have a habit of poisoning th ground beneath the tree with the aid of thir cyanide husks, the cyanide is like that of sudan grass, if a frost hits it the prussic acid flows
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Fri 30 Jul, 2021 11:53 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Eve definitely sinned. She ate the apple first after she lusted for knowledge. Adam didnt sin himself until Eve gave the apple to him.

Yahweh's planned deception means nothing to you?

Does mens rea, or Eve not having an evil intent, the base of human law, mean nothing to you?

Could Eve resist Satan, given that Yahweh gave her the power to deceive all on the earth?

Does that not seem like a trap from Yahweh.

If not, what did he put Satan in Eden if not to do as she did?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:22:49