Here's a good one......

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 07:44 am
Try this little riddle...... Twisted Evil We are very little creatures; all of us have diffrent features. One of us in glass is set; one of us you'll find in jet. Another you may see in tin, and a fourth is boxed within. If the fifth you should pursue, it can never fly away from you. What are we? Twisted Evil

Not too hard but i'll post the answer in a few days if no one gets it.
By the way I love riddles! Very Happy If ANYBODY wants to send as many riddles as they want, feel more than free to do so.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,073 • Replies: 21
No top replies

the prince

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 07:47 am
I think I answered it on the previous thread.

We are the vowels !
0 Replies

Blaine The Mono

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 08:16 am
not bad
not bad ........... lets see what you got???
I love riddles........ Cool
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 01:08 pm
you didn't make any Very Happy
0 Replies

MKB13

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:26 am
Riddle
I am the Vowels of the alphabet.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 03:52 pm
try this: one slew twelve yet slew none
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 03:54 pm
or this: a person goes into a car headed for a theater. he goes into a yellow cab. before he goes out he tips the driver and then hits him on the head. why?
0 Replies

Gouki

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 10:11 am
Answer
ugh ...... prolly cuz the driver told him the ending of that friggin' movie or performance he's gonna see that night?
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 04:49 pm
yeah you got it
0 Replies

Gouki

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 07:29 pm
woohoo
0 Replies

ace01000

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 05:16 pm
wow isnt this on hard lol,

We are the vowels
AM I RIGHT?
0 Replies

Majick6ix

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:21 pm
any new riddles ?
0 Replies

golazydude

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 07:38 pm
none is a person's name
0 Replies

Rabid

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 07:04 pm
You come to a fork in the road. One path leads to riches and happiness, the other, to death and destruction. Standing at the fork in the road there are two brothers, one always lies, and one who always tells the truth. You dont know which brother tells the truth, and which lies. If you could ask only one question, and you have to be sure you are on the right path before you start down the path. What question do you ask the brothers? Question
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2004 11:25 pm
You ask, if I were to ask you if this path leads to town, would you say yes?

Some peopler will argue that you need to ask if the brother would say yes, but it is unecessary. My answer works perfectly. It's being subjunctive which allows the question to work, not crossing brothers.
0 Replies

Doveyluvr

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:25 pm
if u ask the truth bro what he would say he would say go to riches and such. if u ask the false bro what he would say he would say to go down the one that leads to death and destruction. but if u ask the truth brother what his brother would say he would say go down death and destruction, and if u ask the false brother what his brother would say he would say (because he speaks false) to go down death and sestruction. so the safest way would be to ask what the other brother would say and you would just do the opposite of what they answered... (note I wasn't sure which path was left or right so insert left or right in the convo where needed.)
0 Replies

Doveyluvr

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:27 pm
of course then again if u were to ask them.. "what would u say if i asked u this etc." then they would answer the right way i guess... and you could take that road.... either way I guess you get the answer you just have to be careful with your wording.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 04:29 am
SCoates wrote:
You ask, if I were to ask you if this path leads to town, would you say yes?

Some peopler will argue that you need to ask if the brother would say yes, but it is unecessary. My answer works perfectly. It's being subjunctive which allows the question to work, not crossing brothers.

No SCoates, in that case you would have different answers - let's imagine that path you are asking for is actually right - one brother will answer "yes" (thinking: if you were to ask me if this path leads to town, I would say yes to you, because it is the path leading to town), and other will say "no" because he always lies (thinking: if you were to ask me if this path leeds to town I would say "no" because this is right way and I will lie as always, despite the way you put the question) - and you have no idea which one is liar so you cannot possibly determine answer by that question.

If you ask one of brothers "what would your brother say..." answer will ALWAYS be the same and you have to choose another path....
0 Replies

IvanDashSmith

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:53 am
if I were to ask you if this path leads to town, would you say yes?

ok, i was about to post about how scoates was wrong. and how grammatically, his question is very wrong. but his question works the same as asking the one about his brother, because it is adding another dependable element like asking the brother.

i worked it out in my head a lot of times, and i still find the grammar wrong, but it totally works.

if you ask the liar if this is the path, and it is, he will say no.
but if you ask him if he would say yes, he lies (because he actually said no) and he says yes, and you know it is the path.

if you ask him if it is the path, and it isnt, he will say yes.
and if you ask him if he will say yes, he says no (lying) and you know it is the bad path.

and the truth telling brother tells you the right way regardless.

maybe you could phrase it "if i were to ask you if this was the path, would you have told me "yes it is the path"?"
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 09:42 am
you are right I suppose - I guess problem is that this is pretty unusual question in grammar meaning, and English is not my first language, so I suppose in my head, translated to Croatian, it sounded differently.

thanks for explanation though Smile
0 Replies